Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Jusupov posted:

new supporter unique for 3.2

Vaal and hope for rip?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Vendor 5 of them pretty much.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Does "For Each Enemy" count the same enemy being shocked multiple times as one shock or multiple? I know ignite's not in a good place but being able to stack a couple hundred extra burning damage percentage through forking sparks + orb of storms sounds... enticing.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

whypick1 posted:

There's quite a few uniques that are lvl >70. Disfavour, Gloomfang, Doyani's Catalyst...

nah I meant the new bases that require 70+ as whites, and I was wrong obv there are the belts and blood grip

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Count Uvula posted:

Does "For Each Enemy" count the same enemy being shocked multiple times as one shock or multiple? I know ignite's not in a good place but being able to stack a couple hundred extra burning damage percentage through forking sparks + orb of storms sounds... enticing.

One enemy per boost. So if you used Vaal Arc inside of a Vaal Breach or other high density situation you might have a decent boost to damage for four seconds.

The creator is on Reddit saying he wanted an interesting mechanic. Mission accomplished I guess.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

can i get a guild invite? charname is queebT

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Xequecal posted:

What was the price on Energy From Within in Abyss league? I'm thinking these being 20ex each is going to make Trickster not realistic regardless of how good it is.

They hovered just above half an exalt last season

https://www.poeprices.info/uniqueitempages/Energy_From_Within.html

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
They might still announce an ignite rework in the patch notes, but that seems like something they'd have already been talking about.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
They could also do something with like Avatar of Fire and make it give a shitload of ailment damage or something. It's a bandaid solution though.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Ignite doesn't even need a rework they just need to crank the base damage way up.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'd like to see them change ignite to "gain 40% of fire damage as extra burning damage over 4s" (adjust numbers to taste).

It'd fit it into the existing system for dealing damage based on other damage, avoid double dipping and avoid having to put "damage with ailments" on so many nodes

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Xequecal posted:

What was the price on Energy From Within in Abyss league? I'm thinking these being 20ex each is going to make Trickster not realistic regardless of how good it is.

8-10c the first week or two, then the price the poster a few posts below you stated. So basically buy them early.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Occultist looks so loving solid. 250 flat es, 30% regen whenever you're killing packs or adds, 10% damage debuff on bosses... a really good caster frame.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

From the guy who designed OG "I wasn't expecting Hillock to actually wield OG (I always figured she'd consider him unworthy)"

Lmao

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/80kqoi/a_few_thoughts_regarding_the_oni_goroshiuber/

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

George posted:

The Slayer changes are really sad, looking at it again. They didn't really nerf it much, they just made sure that the only build that ever took something other than the usual nodes was punished for it.

The changes aren't bad. Those less used nodes are the best nodes in the game for builds that rely on stun or Melee Splash. The problem is that the builds that do that suck, not that Slayer isn't a good enough band-aid for them.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Mercrom posted:

The changes aren't bad. Those less used nodes are the best nodes in the game for builds that rely on stun or Melee Splash. The problem is that the builds that do that suck, not that Slayer isn't a good enough band-aid for them.

TE Flicker didn't suck at all though, and now it's guaranteed that everyone going Slayer picks the exact same nodes.

I just think those 2-point branches need something enticing to make the class interesting. Obvious choices are no fun in a game like this.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

euphronius posted:

From the guy who designed OG "I wasn't expecting Hillock to actually wield OG (I always figured she'd consider him unworthy)"

Lmao

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/80kqoi/a_few_thoughts_regarding_the_oni_goroshiuber/

This dude really is insufferable

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lmao this guy

For a while GGG contracted famed mod maker BrotherLaz to make the uniques no supporter ever would. The boring low level stuff. Some of his designs became legendary but most just fill the ranks. Still, it is essential that the game eventually has as many redbeaks and Karui wards as it does Mjolners and Skyforths.

Plenty of people like to compare TGU with Varunastra. Ignoring the level difference, what separates my work from Varunastra is I'm honest about the design. The reason Varunastra in Hindu mythology could destroy its wielder outright if they were not worthy. Instead of designing this balancing factor in, NickK, the dev behind Varunastra, just put all the power in and none of the cost. Sure, power players love that but it leaves the item bland and unfaithful to its very cool source imo. The real Varunastra, and my sword, embody a common and ancient theme when it comes to divine weaponry: the unworthy will be punished for daring to wield it. NickK's half baked Varunastra panders to a crowd that expects easy, costless power. Idiots like him are a big reason why the players can't appreciate fair and equitable unique design. I'm glad I'm done designing items because frankly that moron has made interesting, balanced design pointless.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

thats one piece of work alright

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had to google to make sure that quote was real because that level of arrogance is crazy.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Mercrom posted:

I'm curious what your threshold for a build that doesn't suck is.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Eminai posted:

I'm curious what your threshold for a build that doesn't suck is.

it should be good at clearing maps quickly or killing bosses. and if you can't play your specific flicker strike build because of the slayer changes the problem is not with slayer

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Elentor posted:

I had to google to make sure that quote was real because that level of arrogance is crazy.

that guy is insanely insufferable and hosed in the head, he's a narcissist nerd with money

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Everytime someone gets exposed to Charan's lovely personality, an angel gets it's wings. :allears:

George
Nov 27, 2004

Mercrom posted:

it should be good at clearing maps quickly or killing bosses. and if you can't play your specific flicker strike build because of the slayer changes the problem is not with slayer

The build will still work, it's just that the ascendancy is as lopsided as ever despite the changes and the only builds that took a hit were already niche.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Jusupov posted:

new supporter unique for 3.2

Discharge ignite via power charges instead of endurance charges?
Wear Hrimburn with this, ignite with all three elemental types! Doomfletch ignite? Wild Strike ignite?(less likely)

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

McFrugal posted:

Discharge ignite via power charges instead of endurance charges?
Wear Hrimburn with this, ignite with all three elemental types! Doomfletch ignite? Wild Strike ignite?(less likely)

There are no remotely viable ignite builds. I tried to make a build abusing the effects of 2x Dyadus to triple all ignite damage. There was no way I could get ignite damage to do more than the on-hit DPS of any skill with a tree/gem links totally dedicated to ignite even accounting the triple damage ignites.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

They will probably buff ignite soon™

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Base ignite duration increased by 8%

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

dyzzy posted:

Base ignite duration increased by 8%

New Unique: Every 4 seconds, your ignites either stack or do nothing. This is not shown in any way in the UI.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Things are subject to change with the new tree, but doomlfetch trickster? http://poeurl.com/bMb5 Not sure if I be getting some of the pierce cluster, and cut some of the offence nodes for acro + phase.

Harness the Void, Swift Killer, then Patient Reaper and Ghost Dance I guess? All the dot damage doesnt seem like it does that much with doom.

edit - better tree I think

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 27, 2018

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
When you hit with a Fire spell, gain +10% Ignite damage and +10% Ignite duration for 6s. This effect stacks up to 3 times. Upon reaching 3 stacks, gain +30% spell damage and +2% Health regen for 8s.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

100% increased ignite damage
100% reduced ignite duration

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Jusupov posted:

When you hit with a Fire spell, gain +10% Ignite damage and +10% Ignite duration for 6s. This effect stacks up to 3 times. Upon reaching 3 stacks, gain +30% spell damage and +2% Health regen for 8s.

Please no I’m having Marvel Heroes flashbacks

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Amthua strikes again.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Jusupov posted:

When you hit with a Cold spell, gain +10% damage and +10% Freeze duration for 6s. This effect stacks up to 3 times. Upon reaching 3 stacks, gain +30% spell damage and +2% Health regen for 8s.

If both buffs are active at 3 stacks, gain +10% Mana regen and 100 Strength for 4s.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Definitely doing SR Trickster to start, probably Hybrid+MoM to take advantage of the broken as poo poo defense nodes. Might end up doing RF but eh. I know SR can take my first character well into reds and beyond with poop gear, I'm just going to stick with it this time unlike my Harbinger experience.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
so the new map tabs dont delete themselves when remove only and empty (like other tabs do), AND all old maps can't be stashed in them

I know cleaning up your standard stash isnt your beer, but it's mine :argh:

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Can't decide between starting off Pokemon League with ED Trickster or SR Trickster. Been meaning to do one for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Every league I say no more mauarders templars or duelist and every league I make one first.

euphronius posted:

Every league I say no more mauarders templars or duelist and every league I make one first.

Welp

Jugg it is .

euphronius fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 27, 2018