Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

friend, have you heard the good news about data center consolidation

slow down im gonna blow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

theres no evidence that conflicts with my theory DCCC isnt a republican/russian op to prevent the dems from ever winning an election

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the bitcoin of weed posted:

can't wait for every DCCC-backed shitlib to get primaried by a communist teenager
nah this is where you just rig the primaries and/or voting machines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t75xvZ3osFg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmihqVmKGT4

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm very excited to vote for Bernie Sa- CHILLARY HINTON 2020

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Joementum posted:

"PROACTIVE SOLUTIONS (only if asked)" ~ The Democrats

democrats are gonna win soooo many elections!

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

The Democrats are a pretty bad party imo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

lol the dccc is the loving worst

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

taco_fox posted:

The Democrats are a pretty bad party imo

I bet they don't even party

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
They truly, honestly, in good faith, believe that if they don't do anything they can win in 2018.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Frijolero posted:

They truly, honestly, in good faith, believe that if they don't do anything they can win in 2018.

its their turn

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Democrats are entirely open to considering the possibility of responsible merry making and celebration, if asked.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

I'm very excited to vote for Bernie Sa- CHILLARY HINTON 2020

i mean id be ok voting for s e hinton i guess

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Democrats are entirely open to consider the possibility of responsible merry making and celebration, if asked.

tax breaks for small businesses who implement mirthfulness enabling practices for the middle class

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Hillary Mexico 2020

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

according to drudge, trump has announced his reelection bid.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
trump "running" will never not make me laugh

more like trump waddling, and mildly tripping over the democrats into 4 more years

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Frijolero posted:

I’d be more concerned with the possibility that they actually do win in 2018 having done nothing

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Taintrunner posted:

trump "running" will never not make me laugh

more like trump waddling, and mildly tripping over the democrats into 4 more years

"Shambling" or "lurching" are the two verbs I most associate with him moving at any sort of clip.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
How would Jeremy Corbyn and Labour do if they ran here?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

punk rebel ecks posted:

Like Bernie, who had a slow start, but who now occupies the working class, forward-looking politics of the opposition.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Frijolero posted:

Like Bernie, who had a slow start, but who now occupies the working class, forward-looking politics of the opposition.

Absolutely.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

loquacius posted:

I missed Levichat but the word missing from it that was present in the BARACK-HILLARY-MICHELLE-CHELSEA-MALIA-SASHA stuff was "president"

Levi is not running for President (or indeed even for Senator from Vermont) and Bernie has never been President (yet). Going into politics in the general sense (without being groomed for an eventual stay in the White House) isn't that bad in comparison. He's not his father's heir, he's just using his famous dad to get his name out there for his own poo poo. Which still isn't great, but not really comparable to HRC or the dumb Obama family buzz or even the people who want Joe Kennedy III to run for President.

Nah. Even if it is a politician I like I don't want to see their kid getting in to it. It just entrenches the political class even further.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Thoguh posted:

Nah. Even if it is a politician I like I don't want to see their kid getting in to it. It just entrenches the political class even further.

im willing to sacrifice the potential of a few good politicians for dismantling the entire political class system

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
the fact that bernie has capitulated to every lanyard demand since the election should be a bit troubling

just look at him debasing himself with this russia bullshit

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

punk rebel ecks posted:

They'd crush it on account of actually being competent.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
running on flooding the streets with cops worked pretty well for clinton so it would probably work for corbyn, too

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I’d be more concerned with the possibility that they actually do win in 2018 having done nothing

yeah there's a good chance they win anyway and then use the fact that they didn’t run on anything to justify building the wall in exchange for the Republicans allowing them to do smart benefit cuts or some poo poo

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
If Bernie’s kid is good we should support him. If he’s bad we shouldn’t. This isn’t hard.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

thots and pawgs would have gone over much better imo

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

readingatwork posted:

If Bernie’s kid is good we should support him. If he’s bad we shouldn’t. This isn’t hard.

Yeah it's honestly kinda lovely to be like "well your dad was elected to an office entirely separate from the one you're running for so you're not allowed" it's not like the Sanders are going to be referred to as Camelot or some weird bullshit like that 20-30 years down the line

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

"Shambling" or "lurching" are the two verbs I most associate with him moving at any sort of clip.

*magazine

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah, I get the dynasty hate but I feel like there's a comfortable space in between "the same one or two families shouldn't be running America" and "no one is allowed to have the same job as a relative ever" as positions.

Of course, he's seeking political power at all, which is bad, but whatever.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Squizzle posted:

*magazine

*assault clip

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
the libs mad about Bernie are doing the only thing they know how, the haha gotcha hypocrisy technique, which had obviously been very effective against the GOP

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

GalacticAcid posted:

the fact that bernie has capitulated to every lanyard demand since the election should be a bit troubling

just look at him debasing himself with this russia bullshit

It's really bad, and I think he keeps shooting himself in the foot, but I still support him.

He's still rallying workers and keeping the scene alive.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I may not like Bernie going along with the Russia Russia Russia stuff when he is pushed, but I understand why he does it and to be frank Russia is the least important thing in regards to domestic issues.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

docbeard posted:

Yeah, I get the dynasty hate but I feel like there's a comfortable space in between "the same one or two families shouldn't be running America" and "no one is allowed to have the same job as a relative ever" as positions.

Of course, he's seeking political power at all, which is bad, but whatever.

There's a republican state senator in PA who is retiring this year and endorsed his son to run for his seat. The funny thing is that he has the same exact same name as his father so like half the voters are just going to see the same name and think "oh yea let me re-elect this guy".

Kind of a niche case but pretty funny.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Nastier Nate posted:

There's a republican state senator in PA who is retiring this year and endorsed his son to run for his seat. The funny thing is that he has the same exact same name as his father so like half the voters are just going to see the same name and think "oh yea let me re-elect this guy".

Kind of a niche case but pretty funny.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_B._Jones_Sr.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_B._Jones_Jr.

my congressman and his dad, who collectively have been in office since the 1950s

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I think the Dingalls have been in office since like 1920 or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Are Bernie's kids interested in politics at all?

• Locked thread