Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serf
May 5, 2011

the adventure zone is still a show, not a straight-up actual play of these games. a little exposition to set the scene is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Yeah like am I remembering wrong or does Travis's other campaign not start with like 15 minutes of him explaining the entire setting with all its factions and locations and history? That's just his thing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No, Griffin is FORCING him to do it and they all secretly HATE each other.

Serf
May 5, 2011

clearly griffin has poisoned bebe and is only providing the antidote to travis contingent on him doing exposition for their elfgaming podcast

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Yes but first let me explain how Griffin's IBS factors into all of this:

Thread 1/80

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Organza Quiz posted:

Yeah like am I remembering wrong or does Travis's other campaign not start with like 15 minutes of him explaining the entire setting with all its factions and locations and history? That's just his thing.

yea we've known since the start of TAZ that trav's a big nerd baby who loves doing this stuff. Remember how one of the very first goofs was that Clint and Justin had like two lines of character concept and Travis had written a big thing?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I know it's a super minor nitpick thing and you guys are probably going to give me poo poo, but I almost laughed at how silly Travis' exposition was to introduce his arc.

I say that’s a good thing. A lot of people were concerned, based on what Travis was saying beforehand, that this campaign woud be “too serious.” While I’m sure that it will be more serious than the world of Balance in the sense that there probably won’t be many towns populated entirely by Tom Bodett, the exposition helped assuage my fears.

EDIT: Over a week out and I still can’t get over Justin acting out Gargamel Play.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Feb 27, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This is the closest thing to a thread about MaxFun, and this man hosted MBMBaM once, so

https://twitter.com/hodgman/status/968557883775442947?s=19

What the gently caress is Jesse Thorn doing with his face?! This mother fucker runs a loving STYLE AND FASHION SITE. Does he believe that if he grows out his scraggly rear end beard it makes him less bald?

Please if anyone knows Jesse, ask him what the gently caress is he doing.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

What the gently caress is Jesse Thorn doing with his face?! This mother fucker runs a loving STYLE AND FASHION SITE. Does he believe that if he grows out his scraggly rear end beard it makes him less bald?

He looks like someone rolled an egg through a pile of pubes. That's a style. I guess.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Jesse Thorne has been on a long crusade to have basically the most punchable face without also being a completely garbage human, and he's always doing pretty well at it.

Also, as much as people might complain about Flophouse TAZ, I think JJGo MBMBaM was easily the worse of the 2 switcharoos.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Who!? Who does not like the Hogsbottom three!?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I've never listened to JJGo outside of the lost Penny Arcade episode out of morbid curiosity because it's not really My Thing but Thorne seems like an okay guy with some extremely bad fashion decisions.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He is an ok guy, which makes it that much worse

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Jesse Thorne is a perfectly friendly guy who thinks he's funnier than he actually is. And while he technically knows a lot of good stuff about men's fashion, he always looks like a little wiener whose mom dressed him for picture day.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Does he believe that if he grows out his scraggly rear end beard it makes him less bald?

If he grows it out long enough he could comb it up and around his bald head. Glue it down with some gel. Be the mustachioed egg with the hair halo.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

the adds for all other MaxFun episodes make me absolutely certain I would hate all of them

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Al Borland Corp. posted:

This is the closest thing to a thread about MaxFun, and this man hosted MBMBaM once, so

I think Jesse's beard looks great, and I am not just saying that because I'm scared he might polymorph me into a sheep.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Rodyle posted:

the adds for all other MaxFun episodes make me absolutely certain I would hate all of them

I don’t understand, they’re all recorded on their finest kazoos

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Start a podcast called Shave This Off and invite him to guest every week.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Ariong posted:

I think Jesse's beard looks great, and I am not just saying that because I'm scared he might polymorph me into a sheep.

I figure he's taking Travis' advice and just filling it wit bees to use as a threat.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Ojjeorago posted:

Start a podcast called Shave This Off and invite him to guest every week.

The McElroy Brothers Will Shave Off Jesse Thorn’s Beard

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
My sister drives by a Chuck E. Cheese every day on the way to work, and she's never forgiven me for burdening her with the knowledge I picked up from MBMBaM that the full name is canonically "Chuck Entertainment Cheese".

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

General Dog posted:

My sister drives by a Chuck E. Cheese every day on the way to work, and she's never forgiven me for burdening her with the knowledge I picked up from MBMBaM that the full name is canonically "Chuck Entertainment Cheese".

Excuse me, it's Charles Entertainment Cheese

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Yeah I was gonna say, show some God damned respect

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

General Dog posted:

What episode is this from

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Listening to Dust part 1 and I like where this is going so far. Distinctive character descriptions, nice focus on class and ability and how it relates to gameplay, and Travis's guidelines on NPC interactions seemed fine to me. I'm looking forward to his storytelling approach after Griffin's Telltale-style epics.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Laterite posted:

Listening to Dust part 1 and I like where this is going so far. Distinctive character descriptions, nice focus on class and ability and how it relates to gameplay, and Travis's guidelines on NPC interactions seemed fine to me. I'm looking forward to his storytelling approach after Griffin's Telltale-style epics.

:same:

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
After a re-listen I don't see why goons were concerned about the NPC interaction rule Travis is going to impose. It's not "no goofs allowed" and more like "goof all you want, but people in this town are likely to tell you to gently caress off, and maybe that one butler you mocked mercilessly had a macguffin necessary to solve the puzzle and you unknowingly hosed yourself big time"

Also, legit eager to see how Justin weaves the best character in the party for the 4th time :allears:

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Raserys posted:

What episode is this from

Not sure which MBMBaM episode mentions it, but fellow Max Fun podcast Story Break does a whole episode where they pitch a movie about Chuck E.

http://www.maximumfun.org/story-break/chuck-e-cheese

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Somehow I first heard about Charles Entertainment Cheese, esq on The Polygon Show but they may have heard it from MBMBAM.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
There's an episode of Polygon podcast History of Fun about Chuck E Cheese and it's kinda buck wild.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

late mbmbam is up

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I really enjoyed Travis's opening narration for Dust, seemed concise and to the point for establishing the stakes of the game.

Also wow does Justin sound rough. "What have I done?" indeed. I always wondered how people go back for seconds on the ordeal of child-having after the first round.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Tears In A Vial posted:

late mbmbam is up

spoilers: it's another loving banger

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

https://twitter.com/kelseygrammerr/status/968664463938342913

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Seems kind of weird of the McElroys to start beef with Tim Allen for basically no reason. Rather than risk chastening from some anonymous tumblrina for not mentioning that he's Very Problematic, they've gone and made an enemy of a powerful man. It's a small world McElroy's, you should be more wary.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

General Dog posted:

Seems kind of weird of the McElroys to start beef with Tim Allen for basically no reason. Rather than risk chastening from some anonymous tumblrina for not mentioning that he's Very Problematic, they've gone and made an enemy of a powerful man. It's a small world McElroy's, you should be more wary.

I don't think so, Tim.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

General Dog posted:

aroooough?!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

General Dog posted:

I wonder what sort of grunt Tim emitted when he heard this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, but Tim Allen is a bad person, so who the gently caress cares what he thinks?