Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the bitcoin of weed posted:

every one of his game has a lingering, unnecessary shower scene with the female lead. im p sure these scenes are the entire reason he makes the games which is why every other aspect is throwaway pulp nonsense

the way he tried to justify the shower scene in heavy rain made me feel incredibly icky, it was the creepiest poo poo ever.

also i am pretty sure i read somewhere that the female lead in indigo prophecy was modeled on his cousin, and that character has a sex scene and then a post-credits scene where she is grinding on a polygonal david cage in her underwear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Those are the least lovingly crafted titties that Horsey has every put to paper.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

SKULL.GIF posted:

this is the arctic right now

We found the Northwest passage, the 1800s will be thrilled.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

new kind of cat posted:

goddamn take a loving xoloft trump thread

TRUMP

Serf
May 5, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol college freshman stoners always circle around to the mushrooms and not having a job

there was a time for everyone when they watched fight club and thought tyler durden was the good guy

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

chill out, trump thread. take this Medication™ and breathe deeply. things are not falling apart. the arctic isn't vanishing. Please, Medication™, and know that we live in the best of all possible worlds.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

new kind of cat posted:

goddamn take a loving xoloft trump thread

happiness is sickness and knowledge is the cure

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

gonna shoot my medical bills with an ar-15 to save my house

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Serf posted:

pulp nonsense is good tho

not praiseworthy, but good

poorly written and extremely half-baked pulp nonsense

the plot twist of his big murder mystery is that you were actually playing as the murderer the entire time!!! just ignore everything that happens while playing as said murderer that makes this completely impossible

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

every one of his game has a lingering, unnecessary shower scene with the female lead. im p sure these scenes are the entire reason he makes the games which is why every other aspect is throwaway pulp nonsense

like what games?

people say dudes name and im like who

u talkin about the metal gear guy or??

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

financially racist posted:

the way he tried to justify the shower scene in heavy rain made me feel incredibly icky, it was the creepiest poo poo ever.

also i am pretty sure i read somewhere that the female lead in indigo prophecy was modeled on his cousin, and that character has a sex scene and then a post-credits scene where she is grinding on a polygonal david cage in her underwear.

yeah David Cage is bad and gross and Until Dawn did that whole style of game way better

I remember an LP of Heavy Rain that was pretty funny tho

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Duscat posted:

Senator Manchin hello

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol college freshman stoners always circle around to the mushrooms and not having a job

the guy you're quoting and denigrating did a masters' on ancient civilization

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!
the only person I know in my life who has an ar-15 is a former army ranger that somehow managed to flip over a miata so ya i totally trust him with it and other machines

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
im going to gather the last sublimated vapor off the arctic ice into a paper bag and huff it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

hahahaha spambo

Serf
May 5, 2011

poorly written and extremely half-baked pulp nonsense

the plot twist of his big murder mystery is that you were actually playing as the murderer the entire time!!! just ignore everything that happens while playing as said murderer that makes this completely impossible

sounds like he should've watched los cronocrimines

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Addamere posted:

like what games?

people say dudes name and im like who

u talkin about the metal gear guy or??

its probably best not to know, at least until the Robot Racism and Domestic Violence Simulator comes out

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Serf posted:

there was a time for everyone when they watched fight club and thought tyler durden was the good guy

Well he did destroy a ton of banks

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

SKULL.GIF posted:

please dont talk to the rabid yosposters

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

this is... kind of misleading? this isn't entirely about new drugs, even, so much as it's about marketing existing drugs.

As I understand it, the pharmaceutical industry cannot market drugs directly as maintenance treatments for opiate addiction - like, if a company wanted to sell Methadone they couldn't put a commercial on tv saying "Gain your life back... With Methogayn"

Tapering is one of the best treatments for addiction but for some people it can mean taking maintenance doses of opiates for a very long time. The law has not kept up with addiction treatment over the years, this would be an aim to correct that.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
also metal gear games are better when they’re sperging out over the differences between Soviet and Chinese special forces tactics and poo poo like that instead of magic amine bs

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Serf posted:

i love that snowflake is an insult now

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
humanity deserves to live the way its ancestors did: struggling every day for food and water then dying from easily preventable infections incurred from minor inevitable injuries

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

B-Rock452 posted:

I know a guy (with severe ptsd from iraq) that tried to convince his wife to let him set up claymore like traps in the house because she didn't want to have a firearm. He then got very intensive treatment and medication and is fine now

I think I know of a particular ex navy SEAL that needs this :thunk:

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!
https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/968578641197182977

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

for real though "having a job" in a hunter/gatherer society meant leaving camp and either bullshitting with your buddies while you poked brushes and dirt with a stick to shoo away pests and hunt for the edible bits or walking around bullshitting with your buddies for a few hours while you waited for an antelope to give up and lay down from exhaustion so you could poke it with a stick a few times then drag it back to base and cook it

and by a few hours this did not mean 8 or 12 or any other big number, you do this like 4 hours a day every couple days and in the interim you play and gently caress and have conversations

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

"im commander shepard and this is my favorite gun on the citadel"

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Duscat posted:

please say "to trigger the libs" i'm almost there

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/status/968562072043835392

lol

Serf
May 5, 2011

Phi230 posted:

Well he did destroy a ton of banks

i would prefer we destroy them by seizing their poo poo and distributing it to the people

anarcho-primitivism has a certain lure, but it wears off quick

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I hope Shehuck suffers the same long-term consequences for lying out of your rear end that Tony Snow did

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol in academia that makes him a big fuckup

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/arappeport/status/968548412009451520

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/968579147164504070

t
r
o
m
p

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

quinn norton said pacifism forced her to be friends with weev

https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/968575657771806720

feinberg was on that like a fly on poo poo

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/968578641197182977

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Shark Sandwich posted:

also metal gear games are better when they’re sperging out over the differences between Soviet and Chinese special forces tactics and poo poo like that instead of magic amine bs

i like the bit where the boobs lady turns her gun sideways and shoots 15 dudes at once. fully sick my dude

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Milkshake Hogg

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Mirthless posted:

this is... kind of misleading? this isn't entirely about new drugs, even, so much as it's about marketing existing drugs.

As I understand it, the pharmaceutical industry cannot market drugs directly as maintenance treatments for opiate addiction - like, if a company wanted to sell Methadone they couldn't put a commercial on tv saying "Gain your life back... With Methogayn"

Tapering is one of the best treatments for addiction but for some people it can mean taking maintenance doses of opiates for a very long time. The law has not kept up with addiction treatment over the years, this would be an aim to correct that.

tbf from what i have seen first hand some people just have to do maintenance doses to stay totally off of heroin

while it is the fault of the pharmaceutical industry for pumping pills out its at least marginally less horrific to be on methogayn instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
getting alex jones to grovel and beg and then noping out is so loving funny

• Locked thread