Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

kaleedity posted:

I love me some bernie sanders but lol he's fantastic evidence that familial style monarchies are really bad

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!

id like to assume alex is shirtless and tearing his studio apart rn

Serf
May 5, 2011

metal gear solid owns and pretty much predicted the 21st century based off of literally nothing

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

kopasetic posted:

humanity deserves to live the way its ancestors did: struggling every day for food and water then dying from easily preventable infections incurred from minor inevitable injuries

we absolutely should live in a way that makes us die faster, and in far greater numbers

i mean we're going to do that soon anyway but

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Addamere posted:

like what games?

people say dudes name and im like who

u talkin about the metal gear guy or??

Omikron the Nomad Soul
Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy
Heavy Rain
Beyond: Two Souls (Ellen Page one)
upcoming Detroit: But With Robots Instead Of Black People

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

kaleedity posted:

I love me some bernie sanders but lol he's fantastic evidence that familial style monarchies are really bad

What like in the sense that he would have won?

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Shucks is the Trunchbull. Can't believe I never saw it before now.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SKULL.GIF posted:

the guy you're quoting and denigrating did a masters' on ancient civilization

i have a masters in my discipline and i consider myself and am considered by my peers to know very little and to have contributed nothing of novel worth

all it means is i have a postnomial i can tack onto the end of a business card to impress idiots like you, and can spout off useless loving trivia about it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Oxxidation posted:

we absolutely should live in a way that makes us die faster, and in far greater numbers

i mean we're going to do that soon anyway but

mostly it just killed kids

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

the bitcoin of weed posted:

i like the bit where the boobs lady turns her gun sideways and shoots 15 dudes at once. fully sick my dude

yeah man, like I said, amine bs

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Taintrunner posted:

hideo Kojima told an entire story over the course of 3 decades within videogames and with 100% accuracy predicted our modern cyber nightmare sorry if that makes you mad

i love kojima but his sudden firing was very odd and given his fixation on various fashion models, including the whole Quiet thing, my pest radar is blinking

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

owns

got alex jones to cuck himself then told him to gently caress off

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

mostly it just killed kids

they're better off

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Alex Jowned

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

hideo kojima rules. if you aren't down with that, i've got two words for you: suck it.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Durf posted:

i love kojima but his sudden firing was very odd and given his fixation on various models, including the whole Quiet thing, my pest radar is blinking

japan is a pretty drat sexist country so if that’s the case then it’s gotta be pretty gross

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

financially racist posted:

the way he tried to justify the shower scene in heavy rain made me feel incredibly icky, it was the creepiest poo poo ever.

also i am pretty sure i read somewhere that the female lead in indigo prophecy was modeled on his cousin, and that character has a sex scene and then a post-credits scene where she is grinding on a polygonal david cage in her underwear.

that shower scene is the best because it literally has no bearing on the plot whatsoever

it's a dream

the lady dreams about being in the shower naked and gettin attacked by ninjas or something

the definition of gratuitous

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Serf posted:

metal gear solid owns and pretty much predicted the 21st century based off of literally nothing

"the world will get way more insane" is a decent argument

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

That DICK! posted:

hideo kojima rules. if you aren't down with that, i've got two words for you: suck it.

those are the exact words he said that got him fired

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

kopasetic posted:

humanity deserves to live the way its ancestors did: struggling every day for food and water then dying from easily preventable infections incurred from minor inevitable injuries

is drinking pee a minor inevitable injury in our glorious future

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Durf posted:

i love kojima but his sudden firing was very odd and given his fixation on various fashion models, including the whole Quiet thing, my pest radar is blinking

LG actually informed me that Quiet was not in any way problematic

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

japan loves being horny. we could all stand to learn a few things.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

FAUXTON posted:

What like in the sense that he would have won?

imagining bernie sanders appointing his wife to some important financial post and even though she pulled that poo poo at that college where she burned a ton of cash she'd still be better than trpUM

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

tenderjerk posted:

id like to assume alex is shirtless and tearing his studio apart rn

Did he go super sayan again?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

was quiet the perfect character? perhaps, no. but the character concept was really creative in a way we don't see anymore, and also her breast and butt were h0t as h3ll.

Serf
May 5, 2011

kojima was fired because he knew the truth

also because he really didn't want to make more metal gear

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFwbpFJpQbg

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

I would've preferred "I was gonna go on his show until he challenged me to a debate like a loving nerd lol" but this is also perfect too

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

zeal posted:

not making a joke. civilization, settled societies, they're all a colossal mistake that has only occurred in the tiniest sliver of our species' overall history. we all deserve better: to live as our ancestors did for hundreds of thousands of years, hunting and gathering, picking magic mushrooms, leading lives instead of the waking nightmare of modernity

mr howard i love yr kull stories

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

also lolling at spambo

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

quinn norton - teh nazi whisperer

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
remember when kojima was rumored to have an amputation fetish and no one was surprised at all

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Serf posted:

I wonder how many people think the Soviet-Afghan war is a made up thing for MGS:V

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Addamere posted:

in love with emma

let's not get all Chelsea on this one just yet

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!
lol that konami straight up exited video game development to run fitness centers and now just make yu-gi-oh and their "not as good as fifa" soccer game

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
spambo

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

there’s a pretty big jump to go from “kojima can’t write female characters because he’s a huge nerd” to “kojima is a sex monster because he was fired”

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Squizzle posted:

mr howard i love yr kull stories

thanks for reminding me to read those Conan compilations I bought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

we are the robots

plink plonk plink plink