Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
I liked it. It was not full of laughs, but it gave you a good insight into how they both think. The realization by both of them about the “five dinners” thing and JPL already placing a potential expiration date on his sobriety was pretty self aware. It sounded like it was the first of two episodes they recorded that night, so it will be interesting to see how it continues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I enjoy a good Jonathan say a bunch of random as poo poo that doesn't really make any sense rant.

Elijah Snow
Dec 10, 2006

some-something man
uhh yeah dos

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
It's perpetually fascinating to me to see how Jonathan thinks. His ADD is incredibly bad sometimes. During much of this past episode he'd get going on a jag and then audibly pause, forget what he was talking about mid-sentence, and start talking about whatever thought it was that distracted him. He's constantly swimming upstream through his own simultaneous violently-colliding trains of thought. Dude could use medication.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

poop dood posted:

It's perpetually fascinating to me to see how Jonathan thinks. His ADD is incredibly bad sometimes. During much of this past episode he'd get going on a jag and then audibly pause, forget what he was talking about mid-sentence, and start talking about whatever thought it was that distracted him. He's constantly swimming upstream through his own simultaneous violently-colliding trains of thought. Dude could use medication.

This combined with the fact that he really only groks 70% of the things he talks about doesn't help. Like, you'll hear him in a rant and at the core of it he really has no clue. He's a rich stoner kid from LA. He doesn't know poo poo about fixing this country's problems.

But by god do I enjoy listening to him explain how the average american thinks. He's oddly out of touch with stuff sometimes.

For me it constantly slips between "Jah you idiot" to "Jah you are hilariously out of touch" to "He's great."

He's got a good heart but he just exists in a world that very few people get to. A world where he has very little responsibility, ever.

It's not his fault. He'll cop to it all the time.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I think what he meant when he was going from how the NBA is bad and he's into MMA now is that it's still new and ''discoverable''. Strategies, matchups and personalities are still interesting and can be reinvented. Unfortunately the business is built around corrupt predators that don't give a poo poo about the fighters.

The sport is currently scratching his itch of discovery in the sport he used to have in the NBA I guess.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

GraPar posted:

Seth had a girlfriend a few years back, because people posted photos of them in this thread, and she was mentioned on the show a couple of times, but think they broke up.

The boys do have a subtle but fairly definite dividing line between stuff they do and don't talk about on the show though. Like, even Jonathan has been divorced, married and divorced during the run of the show and didn't really mention any of those until quite a bit later.

Seth's adopted black grandson is all grown up and committed to play BBall at Pepperdine next year. Life comes at you fast.

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug
Listen, it's been 12 years. They can't all be zingers

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Be forewarned, there's a sudden audio glitch in epi 636 at 1:11:15, it scared the everloving poo poo out of me

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Jah and Seth talking about steaming hamburgers the same day that I fall into a Steamed Hams hole on YouTube, what a world.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Hey Skinner, how's your dinner?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

flesh dance posted:

Be forewarned, there's a sudden audio glitch in epi 636 at 1:11:15, it scared the everloving poo poo out of me

Wish I'd seen this earlier. No joke, it's horrendous.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
Somebody please gift Jah a copy of Stardew Valley for his Switch, so he can live out the farmer life finally.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Markovnikov posted:

Somebody please gift Jah a copy of Stardew Valley for his Switch, so he can live out the farmer life finally.

He still hasn't accepted my friend code :(

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Oh man, 636 never got picked up by my podcast player from the feed. Friday bonus

Feb 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Yikes. These last few episodes have been pretty rough. I hope at some point they remember it's supposed to be a comedy podcast...

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

6203 posted:

Yikes. These last few episodes have been pretty rough. I hope at some point they remember it's supposed to be a comedy podcast...

didnt somebody else a few days ago post that theyre on a hot streak? I think im more that 10 episodes behind at this point

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
637 is back to form. I love the moment when Seth was talking about the mountain goat/guide story, right when Jonathan asked 'wait are these goats or guides?' I was asking it in my head so I thought Jonathon's voice was my own.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Last eppie had an exceptional Ask Amy and a very special Police Magazine segment

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

flesh dance posted:

You're not kidding. I read your warning and it still scared me. Wonder what the heck it was?

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
638 has some pretty choice quotes, also another audio glitch, but not as glaring.

"We have cotton candy flavored grapes. gently caress God!"

"That means ten times the chances that I'll want to.. I hate this"

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

199, "Baby, they will take you off this plane."

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the cleanest, best pleasure

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Boys are coming back to Milwaukee in July

http://pabsttheater.org/event/uhhyeahdudepodcast2018/

nerve fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 14, 2018

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

nerve posted:

Boys are coming back to Milwaukee in July

I'll totally take the train up from Chicago. Heck yes.

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug
Does it say where it will be? They didn't really sound great at the Pabst last time they came but I blame the venue for that. Great show otherwise.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Steak posted:

Does it say where it will be? They didn't really sound great at the Pabst last time they came but I blame the venue for that. Great show otherwise.

Added link to my post, it's at Turner Hall like last time.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
640 up. Best one they've done in a while IMO, it's much more conversational and really feels like classic UYD.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Lol at Seth steering Jah away from discussing how much they are getting with patreon.

Loved the ep! When I get gta v I'm going to have a radio station of uyd. They are so perfect for that game.

Feb 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
This episode is like a breath of fresh air after the last few Jonathan rambling about his life episodes.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Half of this podcast is looking at the terrible poo poo people do. Jonathan's ranting didn't seem out of place to me.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Yo dog, you dead, dog

Feb 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

crimedog posted:

Half of this podcast is looking at the terrible poo poo people do. Jonathan's ranting didn't seem out of place to me.

The ranting is often accompanied by long lengths of no jokes. Which is fine every once in a while, and maybe some people like that, but I listen because it's a comedy podcast. The guys are at their best when doing actual comedym

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Can't believe Seth has never mentioned before that he went to one of the more famous Phish tours ever.

(And Jonathan's rambling is great)

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
There's no need to hear a pod like that! UYD will make your teeth go grey!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
lol they have only seen Mega Corporate bands??

like how does Jonathan's list not include a bunch of local bands?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Yeah that was a good ep. It always makes me smile that people in LA brag about driving in the rain(!). Be careful out on those roads boys.

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug
Probably my favorite part of these recent eps is Jonathan stopping to go "wait, what? Can you go into that?" for some of the stuff Seth says about his life. You can tell it either takes Seth off guard or Seth doesn't think it's entertaining and wants to quickly move on.

The best one of these is the Beyonce encounter, but that's an older one.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Steak posted:

Probably my favorite part of these recent eps is Jonathan stopping to go "wait, what? Can you go into that?" for some of the stuff Seth says about his life. You can tell it either takes Seth off guard or Seth doesn't think it's entertaining and wants to quickly move on.

The best one of these is the Beyonce encounter, but that's an older one.

What ep is the beyonce one, i need to hear that again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Just broke my key off in my mailroom door. Stood there, locked out of building.

I see someone from another section coming (who’s key can open my section) so I flag him down.

I explained the situation, so he lets me into my foyer.

I see that he’s wearing a UYD shirt. I ask if he’s the one with the WiFi named UYD4LYFE. He is. He asks if I’m the network Seatbelts, I am.

Godspeed, Dave.