Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Ethics debates are dumb, and smouldering, mysterious smith-spirits/mummy-ghosts/Latino science-teachers doing smouldering, mysterious things are much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Hiveminded posted:

Ethics debates are dumb, and smouldering, mysterious smith-spirits/mummy-ghosts/Latino science-teachers doing smouldering, mysterious things are much better.

That's a very flattering way to describe Mr. Spender

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

Just started a reread, and...of course, Zack.

(chapter 1 page 34)

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

PMush Perfect posted:

Before and after, it kind of seems like Zack just accidentally a phrase.

Can I also just say that I'm so proud of y'all for respecting their pronouns? :3:

If the extent of my compliance with their self-image is "use the pronouns they have asked me to use, which are standard and perfectly acceptable English pronouns that do not require special pronunciation," I'm more than happy to do so.

However, I think it may be time to part ways with Paranatural for a long-rear end time, leave it in the same bookmarks folder as Afterlife Blues and Achewood, which will effectively never update again and Dresden Codak, which will either be awful to experience all at once three years from now or at least entertaining to watch collapse.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a fitting post from one such as you

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-251

I like how Lucifer is talking to Spender moreso than Hijack.

Do we know if the people Hijack controls remember their time after? I'm a bit too lazy to read back and find out.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Xinder posted:

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-251

I like how Lucifer is talking to Spender moreso than Hijack.

Do we know if the people Hijack controls remember their time after? I'm a bit too lazy to read back and find out.

Jeff is very very confused after Hijack jumps ship to Spender, so I think we can assume they do not.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Let's be honest, he'd be confused whether he remembers or not. And you would be too.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Well of course you'll never have enough power, not with that attitude!

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
For a guy who hates when people are run by their emotions, Lucifer sure is pretty emotional 100% of the time

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fecha posted:

For a guy who hates when people are run by their emotions, Lucifer sure is pretty emotional 100% of the time

That was lampshaded (pun unintentional) a couple pages back in the alt-text: "it makes me reALLY MAD THat you can't coNTROL YOUR EMOTIONS". But, yeah, Lucifer is very intense and doesn't seem to realize the irony in his behavior. Though given that he's over six hundred and spends all his time keeping an evil spirit of great power trapped and dealing with Spender, it's not surprising that he's stressed out.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
to be fair, lucifer hasn't condemned having emotions

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Tollymain posted:

to be fair, lucifer hasn't condemned having emotions

Just being run by them. Like he is while shouting about how absolutely hopeless their situation is unless they JUST STOP BEING SO EMOTIONAL.

Lucifer is just Grampa Guerra but for emotions in general instead of just for caring.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

So who the heck are the bad guys

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Meh to the page, but I do like "you're a real glass is half full of poison kinda guy."

Good line.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Drunk Theory posted:

Meh to the page, but I do like "you're a real glass is half full of poison kinda guy."

Good line.
I like how Hijack picked up some sweet vocab lessons from Max.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That tiny momentary show of other emotion when Hijack brings up the kids. :unsmith: Lucifer is really reminding me of that old saying that inside every pessimist is a disappointed optimist.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
somebody is watching spender talk to himself at extremely high speed

also i like that second panel

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
its called hitball you cyclops piece of poo poo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kabanaw posted:

Jeff is very very confused after Hijack jumps ship to Spender, so I think we can assume they do not.

It might be different for spectrals vs normal people.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It seems weird to say Spender "lost" to the guy who floats into you and then you're mind controlled infinitely, but I like the rest of the page, esp Lucifer's expressions

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

It's gotta be Ms. Baxter, right?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Gimme Garcia, please.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Clearly Zarei, those exclamation marks scream "oh gently caress my mom's at school, why is my mom at school!?"

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Renaissance Robot posted:

Clearly Zarei, those exclamation marks scream "oh gently caress my mom's at school, why is my mom at school!?"
This is where I'd place my stars.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Three stars, live mom.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Four stars, dead mom.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Five Stars, Mars Needs Moms, a rollicking classic for the ages.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Update

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Loving PJ's JoJo pose there

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
loving finally there's confirmation on what everybody figured out years ago.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
TIME! FOR! AN! ACTION! SEQUENCE!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Or Zarei is just gonna show up and take her unruly son home, subverting all the buildup

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Podima posted:

Or Zarei is just gonna show up and take her unruly son home, subverting all the buildup

He'll be banned from Wii Sports for a WEEK

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Aww, Hijack. :smith:

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
The bad news: Hijack kills spender, unleashing the dark entity from within.

The good news: We now have ghost Spender to be around always and forever.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
This constant ratcheting of tension just isn’t working for me, from a storytelling perspective. I feel like something needs to actually get resolved and give us a bit of a break. Right now, there are just so many things going on that it’s weirdly hard to care.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Axiem posted:

This constant ratcheting of tension just isn’t working for me, from a storytelling perspective. I feel like something needs to actually get resolved and give us a bit of a break. Right now, there are just so many things going on that it’s weirdly hard to care.

Well, if we're lucky, this chapter will end within the next few months, so you'll get some sort of resolution! Maybe!

Hussie Zack could use an editor

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Wait, who or what does Hijack hijack to play Wii Sports

I know it's been five years but I just had the thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cheston posted:

Wait, who or what does Hijack hijack to play Wii Sports

I know it's been five years but I just had the thought.

His hands (or, "hands"), obviously.