Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

". . ."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

lol

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’m gonna buy it and play it until FF 15 drops. Some modder will fix the ui

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
hell yeah dog lay those disgusting rear end filters right on me

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

elf help book posted:

its the phone version with the giant touch buttons still on the screen

absolutely anything posted:

PC

MASTER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihWYOK62t-g

RACE

PWNS,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxpJ52WTp2Y

BI0TCHES!

HEIL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhR-mfAP6mw

BASED

GABEN.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Perhaps I can persuade Gaben to share his dreams with you! Did I say dreams? I meant his eternal nightmare!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Is this the DS version? i never played that new dungeon

the extra ds content is awful

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

SNES 9x

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

PC gamers pay 1500$ for videocards for the privilege of playing the same exact games as consoles (except Nintendo) and all the mobile indie ripoff games they want in glorious gabens golden amphitheater fit only for the master class of gaming

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

PC gamers pay 1500$ for videocards for the privilege of playing the same exact games as consoles (except Nintendo) and all the mobile indie ripoff games they want in glorious gabens golden amphitheater fit only for the master class of gaming

https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic-31/anyone-know-the-bitcoin-miner-that-rorie-uses-1818213/

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

that's ignoring the fact that they're sapping the worlds energy resources in order to make 7.34 a month

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

the extra ds content is awful
It's amazingly bad. New translation's alright and the game looks and sounds great on DS, though.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I did all the new content in Chrono Trigger DS. Don't make my mistake.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

it's all very bad and your reward is a new ending that ties into chrono cross. there is no redeeming quality to any of it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Crashes at the Mad Clown fight in Super Punch-Out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI6VXlNRrI0

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Crashes at the Mad Clown fight in Super Punch-Out

Lol, true

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Why must they break my heart like this?

it's all very bad and your reward is a new ending that ties into chrono cross. there is no redeeming quality to any of it

What little I remember of the DS content was grindy bullshit that didn't feel like the regular game at all.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

super sweet best pal posted:

Why must they break my heart like this?

What little I remember of the DS content was grindy bullshit that didn't feel like the regular game at all.

that's because it was copy pasted rooms from the main game placed at random in a series of massive dungeons and also iirc there were a series of fetch quests to get the ultimate ultimate weapons which you needed if you wanted to fight schal-in-lavos's head.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i read in a faq somewhere that lavos-with-schala for a head has hp that's close to whatever the stack overflow limit is for 16bit games [like 32000ish, yeah i read yospos on my Timb Cuck presents Anroid phone :slick:], so if you heal him his hp overflows into negative numbers and he dies. which is sort of cool i guess.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The latest ffxiv patch has a battle tower of FF6 bosses ending with a kefka fight where he spawns the enormous tower sprite and you zoom up it...it's insanely sick

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

The latest ffxiv patch has a battle tower of FF6 bosses ending with a kefka fight where he spawns the enormous tower sprite and you zoom up it...it's insanely sick

Jesus loving Christ I have to see this or play it somehow

What other ff6 stuff is there besides Kefka?

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Mar 1, 2018

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I stopped playing before this patch, guess it's time to come back.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

In the game as a whole there's a ton of FF6 stuff. It's probably the biggest influence on the setting. Rideable magitek armor, Ultros and Chupon, some other stuff.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

In the game as a whole there's a ton of FF6 stuff. It's probably the biggest influence on the setting. Rideable magitek armor, Ultros and Chupon, some other stuff.

Awesome. Thank you

If I hated FF XI will I still like this one?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Awesome. Thank you

Yes. It's a much better game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mma9d7MY2cU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

:allears:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

mysterious loyall X posted:

that's because it was copy pasted rooms from the main game placed at random in a series of massive dungeons and also iirc there were a series of fetch quests to get the ultimate ultimate weapons which you needed if you wanted to fight schal-in-lavos's head.

I think I remember they claimed it was the Lonely Mountain stuff they cut, finally finished, but later we found out that all they'd done back then was the theme song and like, a couple rooms.

I wonder if there'll eventually be a modding way to fix the sprites? I know square did at least get rid of the giant MENU button in the Romancing SaGa 2 port with a patch.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

When you cast Bio on a Bashura in FFX, then they put up their dukes and die from the poison damage

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yes. It's a much better game.

its a more simple and fun game thats mostly focused on looking and sounding amazing without being some crazy lifestyle thing

its way way better

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I started FFXV again and am going to try a level 1 run through. Using the nixperience band makes the game play so much more naturally with camping and cooking whenever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Awesome. Thank you

There is definitely still some tedium, especially since you have to go through the whole storyline and the beginning isn't great, but it is much better than 11 yes