Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

X needs hdmi 2.1 or whatever right

You need a "HDMI Premium High Speed" cable for HDMI 2.0. Easiest to just try it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yes.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

univbee posted:

Why didn't you just swap HDMI cables, or move your Bonx upstairs?

What everyone else said it's a fancy pants cable. Didn't think my switch docks cable supports the standard and my set up has the other cords in the wall. This is what I get for being lazy and not running my xbonx cord in the wall too lol.
Anyways that's my anecdote about the one x actually being a pretty substantial upgrade.

Unless MHW runs just fine on a base PS4 which in sure it does lmao

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

You maybe need a fancier HDMI cable for 4K but it should still at least give you 1080p. Also how likely is it that an HDMI cable not going to support the higher-end signal, anyway?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BrownieVK posted:

That or the OG bone really is a big ol turd lol.

It's mostly this. It doesn't even hit the classic 900p threshold and looking even worse than most games would at 864p due to a weird temporal reconstruction technique. It's 1080p on base ps4.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
https://twitter.com/wcstillwell/status/968532201867374592?s=19

FH is long since delisted, so it getting enhancements is a pleasant surprise.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The 360 X Enhanced games are glorious. Skate 3 is amazing looks great. I'd like to see Mass Effect 1-3 get the upgrade.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Hmm I never got far in Witcher 2 in part because it was struggling to run on 360, and bought it digitally back in 2011... might give it another shot.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Witcher 2 getting X-enhanced is a wonderful surprise. I actually started playing it recently (got it as a Game with Gold)

Zat fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 27, 2018

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I've had my Xbox One X for like a week now. I like it a lot. Everything seems to look and/or run better.

Diablo 3 Xbox One X Enhanced with seasons is great and the framerate seems rock solid (unlike on the normal xbox) and it consumed a lot of my weekend. I've also got all of these new 360 enhanced games. I'm looking forward to revisiting Forza Horizon and Crackdown. I still think the first Horizon had the best world / soundtrack of the 3 so far.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I like FH3's soundtrack at first but it's kind of wearing on me. I don't do the classical station of Epitaph (poo poo post punk and hardcore).

It seems like I hear the same 5 songs for each station. I wish I could remove the Groove playlist option. Flipping through and having it fail to connect every time is aggravating.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

It's mostly this. It doesn't even hit the classic 900p threshold and looking even worse than most games would at 864p due to a weird temporal reconstruction technique. It's 1080p on base ps4.

It's gotta be this then. I told my wife it looked like a PS2 game lol.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Lords of the fallen is 80% off and only $6. Is it any good?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Blind Rasputin posted:

No

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

To reiterate: No

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I played it back in the day and thought it was a pretty decent Souls clone so ymmv

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Blind Rasputin posted:

Its like a really bad dark souls just replay one of those

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Real hurthling! posted:

X needs hdmi 2.1 or whatever right

HDMI cables are all the exact same connectors and cable inside. 1.0, 2.0, 2.1 or whatever, a well made HDMI cable can carry all of them.

Official 2.0 or 2.1 certified cables are supposed to have higher quality shielding and wires so that the signal gets less interference over a longer distance, which is necessary for the higher datarate signals to be carried, but good HDMI 1.0 cables can do that just as well, especially over short cable lengths

Even an old HDMI switch should work fine with it, as long as it's just physically switching the plugs and uses good connections inside.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thank you

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

fishmech posted:

HDMI cables are all the exact same connectors and cable inside. 1.0, 2.0, 2.1 or whatever, a well made HDMI cable can carry all of them.

Official 2.0 or 2.1 certified cables are supposed to have higher quality shielding and wires so that the signal gets less interference over a longer distance, which is necessary for the higher datarate signals to be carried, but good HDMI 1.0 cables can do that just as well, especially over short cable lengths

Even an old HDMI switch should work fine with it, as long as it's just physically switching the plugs and uses good connections inside.

Yeah, I was using a super old 1.4 HDMI cable with my X to a 4k oled and I got HDR through it. Then it burnt out, and then a second HDMI cable burnt out two days later. They were both extremely old but now I'm curious if I was pushing too many bits and the cable just couldn't handle my bits...:thunk:

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

https://twitter.com/wcstillwell/status/968532201867374592?s=19

FH is long since delisted, so it getting enhancements is a pleasant surprise.

Need my asscreed 2 and brotherhood one x upgrades also syndicate w/ enhanced textures

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Haven't gamed since like 3yrs ago on the 360. Is a $250 xbox one s bundle the best way to go? I'm super casual and I do not give a poo poo about 4K or the latest and greatest (obviously). I want to try stuff like PUBG, Fortnite, Overwatch, etc.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I got the s for 189 on xmas and its a good 360 replacement. You may as well wait for e3 sales unless the 60 dollars doesnt matter cause early june isnt that far away and they have good deals then

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If you are willing to go used I see them on craigslist and Facebook marketplace for as low as $100 on a regular basis.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ironlung posted:

Haven't gamed since like 3yrs ago on the 360. Is a $250 xbox one s bundle the best way to go? I'm super casual and I do not give a poo poo about 4K or the latest and greatest (obviously). I want to try stuff like PUBG, Fortnite, Overwatch, etc.

If you're not hellbent on PUBG: The PS4 Slim is the better console than the Xbox S (more powerful, which means 3rd party games will generally run better on it) and has a vastly better selection of games.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Fame Douglas posted:

If you're not hellbent on PUBG: The PS4 Slim is the better console than the Xbox S (more powerful, which means 3rd party games will generally run better on it) and has a vastly better selection of games.

pubg will likely be out for ps4 before the end of the year.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

He said he was super casual

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Why is it such a pain to connect to hotel wifi using the OneX? On ps4 i can use the web browser, on switch it goes to the hotel sign in page right after setting up the connection, heck even the 3DS was easy. On the oneX i have to enter a MAC address from an already connected device and the connecton drops constantly. Is it because the one's browser is edge and it sucks? Y u do dis microsoft?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Substandard posted:

I've had my Xbox One X for like a week now. I like it a lot. Everything seems to look and/or run better.

Diablo 3 Xbox One X Enhanced with seasons is great and the framerate seems rock solid (unlike on the normal xbox) and it consumed a lot of my weekend. I've also got all of these new 360 enhanced games. I'm looking forward to revisiting Forza Horizon and Crackdown. I still think the first Horizon had the best world / soundtrack of the 3 so far.

Holy poo poo I had no idea they finally added seasons to the console versions of Diablo 3. Time to go back for another play through.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

Holy poo poo I had no idea they finally added seasons to the console versions of Diablo 3. Time to go back for another play through.

Since the addition of seasons on consoles I stopped playing on PC because hell, they did a great job with how it handles with a controller. The inventory management is hell too but not having aiming and moving tied and rolling is great.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Any opinions on Deep Rock Galactic?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its an exclusive so its probably the greatest thing ever or satan depending who you ask

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

Its an exclusive so its probably the greatest thing ever or satan depending who you ask

It's available on Steam

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Console launch exclusive

Its so clear, fd

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Surely I must be mistaken, but is it so that my ancient dinosaur PS3 has CEC capability and can turn on my TV and receiver when it turns on but the Xbone doesn't? Everything I'm seeing on my gfs system seems to indicate we need to buy a ridiculous accessory to achieve this.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Microsoft went all in on IR blasters.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

codo27 posted:

Surely I must be mistaken, but is it so that my ancient dinosaur PS3 has CEC capability and can turn on my TV and receiver when it turns on but the Xbone doesn't? Everything I'm seeing on my gfs system seems to indicate we need to buy a ridiculous accessory to achieve this.

Mine turns on the tv but i dont have a reciever

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Any opinions on Deep Rock Galactic?

Bought it on a whim, it's fun, can confirm. Sort of Minecraft meets Left 4 Dead.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

codo27 posted:

That matches my experience. On the plus side, it doesn't lock up my lovely TV when shutting off like the PS4 sometimes does, but that's on Samsung for handling it poorly rather than Sony for actually implementing CEC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

ironlung posted:

Fame Douglas posted:

So aside from not having 1/3rd of the games you asked about, the PS4 has a vastly better selection of games you don't want. Welcome to the Xbox thread