Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I just finished watching the first two series of this.

My thoughts are that I really enjoyed it and I liked that they had Piccolo voice All Might because I had Piccolo/Gohan Flashbacks at all the training scenes.

I did, however, hate ball diaper boy. I hate him so much and cringe every time he's on screen. I want him to die horribly. He made me think Stain did nothing wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Gonzo McFee posted:

I just finished watching the first two series of this.

My thoughts are that I really enjoyed it and I liked that they had Piccolo voice All Might because I had Piccolo/Gohan Flashbacks at all the training scenes.

I did, however, hate ball diaper boy. I hate him so much and cringe every time he's on screen. I want him to die horribly. He made me think Stain did nothing wrong.

You mean the purple ball creep? I guess he was ok-ish in the battle test, but other than that I don't like him one bit

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Bofast posted:

You mean the purple ball creep? I guess he was ok-ish in the battle test, but other than that I don't like him one bit

The tiny purple testicle thing, yes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Mineta is a great litmus test. If somebody likes him, they're probably not the best person.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Good news, he goes through some fantastic character development and has managed to even place in the top 10 in the popularity polls

Haha I'm just loving with you

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

PMush Perfect posted:

Mineta is a great litmus test. If somebody likes him, they're probably not the best person.

Ironically the author apparently sees him as the most identifiable.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
The only reason I hate Mineta is that he ruins both threads every time we talk about him.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm acquaintances with someone who considers him the best out of anyone in 1-A and I just :psyduck: every time I think about it.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The eternal debate between "To Fanservice or not to Fanservice."

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Eela6 posted:

This show is amazing and I don't agree with the ADRTW grousing about it being a 'normie' show. In a year less jam-packed with instant classics than 2017 I think it could have won AOTY easy.

If all the shows better than it in 2017 didn't exist it would be the best show of 2017 is... a true statement

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

DisDisDis posted:

If all the shows better than it in 2017 didn't exist it would be the best show of 2017 is... a true statement

Dude dis c'mon. What I'm trying to say is, I think My Hero Academia S2 is better than any anime that aired in say, 2016.

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Feb 27, 2018

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Radish posted:

He also says that he understands why a lot of people don't like him, and thus he deliberately limits his panel time.

Personally I think he's a lot funnier that most horndog anime characters.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Eela6 posted:

Dude dis c'mon. What I'm trying to say is, I think My Hero Academia S2 is better than any anime that aired in say, 2016.

I don't remember what aired in 2016 so I can't dispute this.

I've been meaning to get into this since it seems fun and I liked the x men highschool cartoon a lot as a kid. I've heard something like the first season isn't very good and you should read the manga up to second season though. Any opinions on manga vs show?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
S1 starts out kinda slow and then only speeds up a tiny bit. Still okay to watch, maybe faster to read.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

Eela6 posted:

Mob Psycho 100 would probably beg to differ, off the top of my head.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

symbolic posted:

I'm acquaintances with someone who considers him the best out of anyone in 1-A and I just :psyduck: every time I think about it.
If they enjoy how he gets owned on the regular that seems wholesome, I could see liking the character on those grounds.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
On the basis that I absolutely just don't care or like fanservice stuff, at least the final test was well done. The idea of Mineta being a "Hard Counter" to sexy heroes would be kinda funny. I just wished they'd drop the sexual harassment stuff.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Eela6 posted:

sangatsu, flip flappers, haikyuu s3, yuri on ice, re:zero

along with previously mentioned mob psycho

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

DisDisDis posted:

I don't remember what aired in 2016 so I can't dispute this.

I've been meaning to get into this since it seems fun and I liked the x men highschool cartoon a lot as a kid. I've heard something like the first season isn't very good and you should read the manga up to second season though. Any opinions on manga vs show?

Both seasons are good and adapt the manga completely faithfully, with few off-model moments. If you aren't into reading, the anime's well worth your time.

Of course, reading the manga is always the best choice, mostly because it's still way ahead of the anime, but the anime is perfectly fine and fun to watch. Plus, it does add stuff that wasn't in the manga and that helps improve some moments that were otherwise left behind due to the manga's fast pacing, mostly around the tournament arc.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i sincerely hope that they do not attempt to 'add more' to the chisaki arc

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

You Say Run adds enough on its own to say that watching the anime is worth it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Shere posted:

You Say Run adds enough on its own to say that watching the anime is worth it.

I heard part of it in my head reading this post and got a chill up my spine, so...yes.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The anime has a bunch of perfectly timed musical swells that IMO are worth the effort of watching.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Radish posted:

I mean, this is the manga with a teenage girl who's only invisible when she's naked, and another who can only use her power through the gratuitous amounts of bare skin she shows. MHA is very good, but Mineta doesn't exactly exist in a vacuum.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Aurora posted:

All of these plus Jojo Part 4 made 2016 maybe better than 2017 tbh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

PMush Perfect posted:

I mean, this is the manga with a teenage girl who's only invisible when she's naked, and another who can only use her power through the gratuitous amounts of bare skin she shows. MHA is very good, but Mineta doesn't exactly exist in a vacuum.

Hagakure is invisible all the time, though?

Clothes not being invisible on an invisible person is not something MHA invented.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Waffleman_ posted:

Clothes not being invisible on an invisible person is not something MHA invented.

Cut to: that panel in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen where Mina Harker tosses paint on the invisible man just as he's trying to rape someone.

It's not a great comic.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Mystery Men has a character who's only invisible when no one is looking at him.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Rhonne posted:

Mystery Men has a character who's only invisible when no one is looking at him.

:allears:
Such a great movie.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

They're not normally teenage girls in a series where creepy sex jokes are present.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I'm mad, mad about extremely mild innuendo involving an invisible character

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

PMush Perfect posted:

They're not normally teenage girls in a series where creepy sex jokes are present.

She's invisible.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
The invisible clothes gag makes us so acutely uncomfortable because it reminds us of the terrifying truth that we're all naked under our clothes

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

DisDisDis posted:

The invisible clothes gag makes us so acutely uncomfortable because it reminds us of the terrifying truth that we're all naked under our clothes

And under that, there's a skeleton.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

:mrgw:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Waffleman_ posted:

And under that, there's a skeleton.

But does she have invisible bones

Hell do they have to use special imaging techniques in people like her for surgery? That seems like a pain in the rear end and people with invisibility quirks would basically have to live in urban areas with well equipped health services.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Aurora posted:

Re:zero sucked.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Fabricated posted:

Re:zero sucked.

nah

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Violet Stickybaby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Eej posted:

Hell do they have to use special imaging techniques in people like her for surgery? That seems like a pain in the rear end and people with invisibility quirks would basically have to live in urban areas with well equipped health services.
That leads into a whole series of questions. Does she appear in infrared scans? What does she look like under ultraviolet light? Can she get x-rays? If Aizawa can't erase her quirk, does that it's just a part of her, rather than an ability she has? Or that he can't erase it because he can't see her?

• Locked thread