Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

The weapons with only one buy was purchased by:
sawed-off: oskar (mousesports)
negev: dupreeh (Astralis) - thrown in spawn, never used.
g3sg1: STYKO (mousesports)
pp-bizon: kRiMZ (fnatic)
aug: NBK (G2)

https://imgur.com/a/0VoqU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/Tgwri1s/status/967915944730349568

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Team anchor meaning a whole different thing with zeus.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
There's lots of cute tidbits in the stats, but it highlights something that isn't always appreciated, and that's that apEX on form is one of the scariest prospects in CS. He's like the most unsophisticated brawler of a player ever. Many times in CS he has been the most aggressive player by stats of any pro, and often backs that up with the best or nearly the best entry successes. But because he is basically the meatshield of whatever team he's in, he'll never really be up there in terms of rating.

It is pretty nuts to have almost 100 ADR across 10 maps at a pro level, three of which you lost (and one of those 2-16). His ADR, even with his bad periods of form, puts him very nearly on a level with s1mple, NiKo, coldzera etc. despite the fact that his rating falls way short in comparison, and also that he's never set up for success in the way they often are - he generally is doing the setting up. For me, he's the best pure entry fragger in the game even if the rest of his toolkit is a bit limited compared to the very best overall players.

I don't even know if any other big name pro has a higher Assists P/D ratio. The dude always goes down swinging. Shout out to workhorse meathead apEX, who probably doesn't have move backwards bound on his keyboard. The only really similar players are Stewie2k and ANGE1.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

AdmiralNeltharion posted:

And AK is actually quite hard to use effectively, I'd say Gali would be a better weapon to get acquainted with

Whatever crime you reregged to avoid can't compare to the sheer illegality of what you just wrote.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jeza posted:

I don't even know if any other big name pro has a higher Assists P/D ratio. The dude always goes down swinging. Shout out to workhorse meathead apEX, who probably doesn't have move backwards bound on his keyboard. The only really similar players are Stewie2k and ANGE1.

These 3, fer, and get right for a team that is always somehow on the other side of the map in the first 10 seconds of the match.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

These 3, fer, and get right for a team that is always somehow on the other side of the map in the first 10 seconds of the match.

"Uhh guys I think it's planted A." *checks site* "Yeah it's A...."

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

"The one-time kennyS purchased the SG 553, he dropped it to NBK." lol

edit: never mind, the MP7=mac10.

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 26, 2018

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The optimal gun strategy is to pick one of the off-guns and only ever use that. That way when you're winning you can go "get wrecked nerds can't even beat me only using a bizon" and when you're losing you can go "lolol who even cares dude im only using the r8 all game"

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

The most alpha way to play csgo is to buy both a shotgun and an autosniper then continually switch between them by pressing the drop weapon while walking

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
If you're really good you can juggle the guns instead, like fire one shot with the autosniper, toss it in the air, fire one with the shotgun, rinse and repeat

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
If you're really good you can fire one shot with the autosniper, toss it in the air, fire it higher with the shotgun, fire another shot with the shotgun, toss it up, fire it higher with the autosniper, take a shot with the autosniper etc

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Kehveli posted:

If you're really good you can fire one shot with the autosniper, toss it in the air, fire it higher with the shotgun, fire another shot with the shotgun, toss it up, fire it higher with the autosniper, take a shot with the autosniper etc

This is an advanced variation of the tactic that is only for Global Elite Masters

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
The Nova is the best force buy gun in the game fyi

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

The Nova is the best gun in the game fyi

FTFY

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
How do you mistake the nova for the CZ? They're not even the same weapon class

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The best weapon is whatever I'm currently using.

FMPONE
Feb 14, 2013

Level Designer Dude
Released a Sub-Zero trailer with release date (3/3/2018)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4V_IV1vrvc

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Can we play it today instead. It looks great. I've been waiting to unleash some Arctic vengeance for a very long time

stump collector fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 27, 2018

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

as_tundra

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

FMPONE posted:

Looks cool

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
I wonder what the visibility of players is like on that map, seems like something valve have been working on improving over the last ~12 months. I play at 1080p and sometimes it can be quite hard to see models far off.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I was worried for a while about Cloud 9 but it looks like they're choking just like I remembered. Hello comfort zone.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

FMPONE posted:

Will you add slumpy spot this time?

Only kidding! Looks great and I can't wait to try it.

FMPONE
Feb 14, 2013

Level Designer Dude

yolandi posted:

I wonder what the visibility of players is like on that map, seems like something valve have been working on improving over the last ~12 months. I play at 1080p and sometimes it can be quite hard to see models far off.

At the time this footage was recorded it was more of a concern. At one point I said to myself "wtf are you doing? This map is way too dark!", so I doubled the brightness and it was way better.

Excited to play this map with you all in a goon-PUG (hopefully!)

FMPONE fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 28, 2018

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Anyone tired of getting constant invites to be a ringer for pro EU teams? I'm an American dude, I only PLAY America.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
fy_iceworld

Looks cool. Interested in trying it out.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

One of those arctic avengers has wicked facial hair. Map looks cool, lol at a whole sub being parked to drop off five guys with glocks

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:

FMPONE posted:

At the time this footage was recorded it was more of a concern. At one point I said to myself "wtf are you doing? This map is way too dark!", so I doubled the brightness and it was way better.

Yeah nice, can't wait to check it out!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I had a lot of fun using the m249, but I got kicked from so many games for it I had to buy a 2nd account to spread out the suspensions

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

VP dumpstered out of their local tournament.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

can't wait for sk to get destroyed by c9 tomorrow

edit: or....not. lol

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 28, 2018

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Famethrowa posted:

can't wait for sk to get destroyed by c9 tomorrow

edit: or....not. lol

SK will always be defeated by alt-tabsen.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Cant wait for c9 to choke tomorrow

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

drat, that final round in NiP vs North on train. That was crazy.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I always think playing CSGO is fun until I play it.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Doubly true if you only have limited time to play it, guarantee if you only have time for one match it'll be miserable throughou.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

NonzeroCircle posted:

Doubly true if you only have limited time to play it, guarantee if you only have time for one match it'll be miserable throughou.

Not only miserable but it'll go to 16-14 where the other team comes back from 5 to win. "Your playing the whoooole game buddy" - valve

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
That pretty much happened to me today, the only time a game has EVER taken the full 30 rounds and 80 mins. Matchmaking working as intended I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Roughly every other game I'll get knifed in the back down to 35ish by a teammate coming out of spawn. Stop waving your goddamn knives aeound!