Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

MonsieurChoc posted:

General Tso's Chicken was invented in Taiwan after all.

general tso's was invented by some korean dude who made enough money selling sugary chicken to GIs to move to california and open a 'chinese restaurant'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lol

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
funny thing about nazi germany and gun ownership: ownership of guns was loosened from the strict weimar republic rules for ethnic germans while the rules were tightened for the jews. just as the ordinary white gun owner would not take up arms in defense of blacks being oppressed by the government in america and indeed would be more than willing to assist in oppression, few ethnic germans in germany with guns took up arms in defense of jews being oppressed by the government.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
stalin did actually disarm the party after Kirov died tho

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
but he needed to do that to kill the trots

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

zeal posted:

general tso's was invented by some korean dude who made enough money selling sugary chicken to GIs to move to california and open a 'chinese restaurant'

There's a whole documentary about it http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3576038/

My conclusion: tastes good.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

HorrificExistence posted:

but he needed to do that to kill the trots

What I've been told by a Russian is that the Soviets had what was essentially a socialized gun culture, where the state controlled all the firearms but they provided ammunition for free. So you could go to a firing range and plink rifle ammo all day, but you couldn't keep the guns.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

What I've been told by a Russian is that the Soviets had what was essentially a socialized gun culture, where the state controlled all the firearms but they provided ammunition for free. So you could go to a firing range and plink rifle ammo all day, but you couldn't keep the guns.

Party members were permitted to carry revolvers until 1934.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

:patriot:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

zeal posted:

Watch the documentary on Netflix, they tracked it to a dude in Taiwan. It was then ripped off in a more sugary format for americans.

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

For some reason, this is all I could think about over the bulk of the last page or so.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
So am I getting that quarter or-

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

lol

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

ACTUALLY

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Chucktesla posted:

I understand all of this and let me tell ya, it makes me want to die

Just noticed carl lmao

I don't recognize any of them and it loving owns dude.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

HELL yeah

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/968824684715405313

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

this violates our second amendment rights :argh:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

lancemantis posted:

this violates our second amendment rights :argh:

2nd amendment doesn't guarantee a right to oxygen

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

yeah but paying teachers a living wage is out of the question

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
also I bet that shelter in place inc is some prepper outfit giving out kickbacks

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
The Star Child is awakening

https://twitter.com/officialjaden/status/968895212444504064?s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Darkman Fanpage posted:

yeah but paying teachers a living wage is out of the question

who needs books?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

lancemantis posted:

also I bet that shelter in place inc is some prepper outfit giving out kickbacks

http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/Healdton-superintendent-principal-run-to-help-build-shelters-301484461.html

Looks like it started as a push for more storm shelters in schools which, fair enough. Now they are using the gun/school safety debate as free advertising for their BULLET PROOF storm shelters.

Ffs look at their website http://shelterinplace.com got the superintendent doing the pitch in the video

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chucktesla posted:

http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/Healdton-superintendent-principal-run-to-help-build-shelters-301484461.html

Looks like it started as a push for more storm shelters in schools which, fair enough. Now they are using the gun/school safety debate as free advertising for their BULLET PROOF storm shelters.

Ffs look at their website http://shelterinplace.com got the superintendent doing the pitch in the video

I mean, I'm sure they're technically bullet proof, but all you have to do is look at the things to see why they're counter-productive in a shooting scenario. The first thing you want to do is evacuate everyone, not huddle all your students into an enclosed space with only one exit point.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

No the wisest thing to do in a live shooter situation is to shove kids into a sardine can and hope the shooter gets frustrated and leaves. Now please sit down for our pitch video and contact local media about these lovely above ground storm shelters that can protect kids from bullets in school districts across the US. Buy our product

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I mean, I'm sure they're technically bullet proof, but all you have to do is look at the things to see why they're counter-productive in a shooting scenario. The first thing you want to do is evacuate everyone, not huddle all your students into an enclosed space with only one exit point.

Considering shooters have exploited evacuation patterns - like fire drills - to raise their kill counts, evacuation isn't necessarily always the best option. Then again, I'm not a tier 1 tactilol operator so what do I know.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Filthy Hans posted:

Considering shooters have exploited evacuation patterns - like fire drills - to raise their kill counts, evacuation isn't necessarily always the best option. Then again, I'm not a tier 1 tactilol operator so what do I know.

Not every student can pile into that stupid hut and the shooter can just kill people that are running to take shelter in a hut that's already full. Also if they have some sort of explosive device, as was attempted at Columbine, packing clown car style into a tin can is probably not the best strategy.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Never thought we'd get an unironic "the gun is good, the penis is evil" from conservatives but 2018 is a hell of a year

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Filthy Hans posted:

The highest death count from a school shooting is still Virginia Tech, because Cho Seung-Hui took whole classrooms hostage, lined them up against the wall and executed them one by one.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The highest death count from a school shooting is still Virginia Tech, because Cho Seung-Hui took whole classrooms hostage, lined them up against the wall and executed them one by one.
goddamn

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

holstering a gun in your crotch seems like a bad idea

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
also all this lovely firearms contention in the country will continue to let states use their favorite bread and circuses distractions like changing their laws to allow conceal carry without license

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

I'mgoing to gently caress the gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

I knew Bailey was a lefty!