Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Duh Ugh posted:

We've come back around to fountain pens. I've bought a crapload of them off Ali. All in the $3 to $5 range. Mostly Jinhao. Been pretty satisfied overall. No bent nibs, except for the ones I keep dropping onto cement floors. Really got to get the hang of this whole opposable thumbs thing.

Yeah, the chinese pens are mostly servicable with some gems and an occasional stinker. I've gotten maybe 10 and the nibs are mostly mediocre but usually at least work. They are almost all super fine points unfortunately. None of the nibs have been as good as the nibs on my Preppies, if anyone is looking for good non-nonsense writing tool you really can't go wrong getting a couple Preppies from Amazon for $3 each. Get a medium and fine and see what you think.

Back to aliexpress, I'd recommend the WingSung 698 as a cool piston fill demonstrator if you want something fancier than the $3 pens. It takes #5 nibs so you can change it to something cooler than an ultra-fine nib like a stub.

taqueso fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Non-ali price: $129$99 https://getonfleek.com/product/chicken-ramen-tracksuit/

Ali price $17 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...2737877841.html

:eyepop:

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
There are so many goddamn overcharge-for-cheap-print-hoodie scams bouncing around the web these days.

bigfatdynamo
May 10, 2016

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash.
I just put in an order for a custom printed tapestry featuring some very cool and good art.

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

How does buyer protection work when it takes longer than the protection period for every non-epacket item to arrive? Am I supposed to ask for an extension on everything?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

yippee cahier posted:

How does buyer protection work when it takes longer than the protection period for every non-epacket item to arrive? Am I supposed to ask for an extension on everything?

Yes but also consider moving.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

yippee cahier posted:

Yes. I check my outstanding orders list at least once a week, and ask for an extension on anything with less than a week left. I've had stuff show up after 4 months sometimes. :canada:

Or pay for the e-packet shipping on everything. That seems to get things delivered in under a month.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

this is pretty neat i bet it folds up nice if you twist the outside wire

Public Serpent
Oct 13, 2012
Buglord
A lot of the time sellers will just extend the deadline automatically when it's approaching. I've only had to ask one or two times.

In other news I ordered something with free epacket shipping and they shipped it EMS?? Shipping must have cost them more than I paid for the drat item :psyduck:

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I know it's not supposed to be, but to me it seems like China Post is generally way faster than epacket. I've had China Post stuff get here in a week and epacket stuff be a month+.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Anne Whateley posted:

I know it's not supposed to be, but to me it seems like China Post is generally way faster than epacket. I've had China Post stuff get here in a week and epacket stuff be a month+.

I strongly suspect it all goes in the same boxes

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Pick posted:

I strongly suspect it all goes in the same boxes

Except if it's shipped via Yanwen, in which case your order will sit in Kyrgyzstan for six weeks. gently caress Yanwen.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
Yeah, Yanwen is hot garbage for getting stuff in a reasonable amount of time. Anything I've ordered that shipped by Yanwen I've forgotten I ordered by the time it arrived.

Maybe I should cut back a bit on my Aliexpress impulse shopping addiction...

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Duh Ugh posted:

Yeah, Yanwen is hot garbage for getting stuff in a reasonable amount of time. Anything I've ordered that shipped by Yanwen I've forgotten I ordered by the time it arrived.

Maybe I should cut back a bit on my Aliexpress impulse shopping addiction...

I've cut back a lot mostly because I ordered all the household essentials I could see needing :shrug:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

CUT DOWN?! :commissar:

From atop my mound of cheap plastic I'll howl at the full moon and scratch my surprisingly itchy skin.

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
There's nothing more I want in life right now than some holographic bedroom slut gently caress boots like these
http://s.aliexpress.com/2aeUv2qq?fromSns=Copy

I messaged them and they don't have the material to make custom sizes yet and to check back in a month. God drat

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Then you've got time for the special ninja training it'll take to walk in those things.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Please post your household essentials and trustworthy legit jewelry, I have zero in either category, but boy am I killing it at cute sub-$1 earrings and quirky post-its

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Krakox posted:

There's nothing more I want in life right now than some holographic bedroom slut gently caress boots like these

I messaged them and they don't have the material to make custom sizes yet and to check back in a month. God drat

:aaa: Are...are feet supposed to fold like that?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Dienes posted:

This is China we're talking about.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I can't imagine buying boots without being able to try them on first. Especially boots like that. Though I suppose those things are going to painful if they fit right or not, so it doesn't matter much.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Kawaii German Soldier

quote:

This is a way of life

I am also very passionate about it.
I am dedicated to everyone and love my friends.
You are welcome to communicate any problem with me.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Krakox posted:

These would be awesome for a Halloween costume. Sexy robot?

I haven’t bought much from AliExpress recently but they seem to have some cute Easter stuff. I love these bunny lights: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32841388237/32841388237.html

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Krakox posted:

I thought that said heelies, not heeless. Step/roll up your game, China.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Hirayuki posted:

This is China we're talking about.

They are a western invention.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I bet they'd make my legs and rear end look amazing before I fell down and broke one or the other. Unfortunately I'm wide-footed and can only window shop cute ali shoes. :sigh:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

foot binding joke

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Has anyone found anything similar to this on Aliexpress? I know I could just buy it on Amazon but it's like 6 bucks each. I figure Aliexpress might sell something like it for $1.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

foot binding joke

Yeah. I got that, too. I just like laughing at awful shoes.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

keevo posted:

Has anyone found anything similar to this on Aliexpress? I know I could just buy it on Amazon but it's like 6 bucks each. I figure Aliexpress might sell something like it for $1.

Headphone dust plug find a billion results, do you need anything specific or a copy of that one?

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Like that but it also needs a hole down the central shaft

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

keevo posted:

Is this for sounding? What kind of size do you need my friend?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

SEX BURRITO posted:

Is this for sounding? What kind of size do you need my friend?

3.5mm?

Don't shame the poor, under-endowed follow

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

If you attach your car keys, remember to scooch your seat all the way forward.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Anne Whateley posted:

Please post your household essentials and trustworthy legit jewelry, I have zero in either category, but boy am I killing it at cute sub-$1 earrings and quirky post-its

I bought these great cushion covers and they were at my door in an impressive 8 days. Very clean lines as compared to other cushion covers I've bought. I got style 1 and 2.

http://s.aliexpress.com/FnE3MJza

This pineapple purse was excellent and my tween sister loving loves it

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32796302536/32796302536.html

These are great quality stud Crystal earrings

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32794023748/32794023748.html

Excellent laundry bags for my filthy teenager

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32727427425/32727427425.html

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dienes posted:

Those are weird fetish boots so they probably aren't supposed to

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

There are so many goddamn overcharge-for-cheap-print-hoodie scams bouncing around the web these days.

ReplyAll just did an episode on this very phenomenon. It turns out that dropshipping from AliExpress is so commonplace that there are scripts and programs that let people clone an AliExpress listing onto their own store automatically.

Of course it being so easy also means that the grift is oversaturated to the point of uselessness for anyone who didn't get in on the ground floor and be canny at internet marketing. The most surprising thing about the ep is that the small number of successful dropshippers actually make most of their money off of social media and selling seminars and classes and ebooks and stuff to gullible marks, it's basically a decentralized MLM scam.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

cakesmith handyman posted:

Headphone dust plug find a billion results, do you need anything specific or a copy of that one?

Didn't even know that existed. I need a copy of that one. It's mainly to carry around a 3.5mm to 1/4in adapter and the iPhone lighting to 3.5mm adapter.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

ReplyAll just did an episode on this very phenomenon. It turns out that dropshipping from AliExpress is so commonplace that there are scripts and programs that let people clone an AliExpress listing onto their own store automatically.

Of course it being so easy also means that the grift is oversaturated to the point of uselessness for anyone who didn't get in on the ground floor and be canny at internet marketing. The most surprising thing about the ep is that the small number of successful dropshippers actually make most of their money off of social media and selling seminars and classes and ebooks and stuff to gullible marks, it's basically a decentralized MLM scam.

Hah, I just listened to that episode a few hours ago. It is very interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh of course it's the people selling shovels making money.