Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yeah, it was as close a reference as they can make without showing him outright. The costume was basically the same with a couple color changes.

Didn't the colour changes make what we saw look like Captain Marvel Jr.? I assume not intentionally, but I'm still amused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Barry Convex posted:

New THR article on Fox’s Marvel plans has some interesting tidbits, including BKV developing a Silver Surfer movie and X-Force seemingly confirmed as the dated-but-unrevealed November 2019 Fox Marvel release (as it’s slated to begin production by the end of the year).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/will-disney-disrupt-foxs-x-men-movie-mega-plans-1088623

I still don’t expect anything to exit development hell before the merger clears, save for X-Force and Gambit, and very likely not even the latter given that it’s already been through three directors.
New Mutants is also adding a new character through the reshoots they are doing

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/27/foxs-new-mutants-adding-in-new-character-in-movie-reshoots

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Black Panther was amazing.

Edit:

It is tied with Thor 3 and Spider-Man Homecoming as my favorite Marvel movie.

I want that green suit!

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Feb 28, 2018

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Aphrodite posted:

Billy was only renamed Shazam in 2012.

No, that started with the Trials of Shazam! series in 2006. (although that starred Freddy Freeman so you might be technically right, thinking about it)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, Freddy was called Shazam when he took over, but Billy was still the former Captain Marvel, until New 52.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

FlamingLiberal posted:

New Mutants is also adding a new character through the reshoots they are doing

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/27/foxs-new-mutants-adding-in-new-character-in-movie-reshoots

They're inserting phone calls to Magik's brother Colossus who is a TSA agent.

"Girl I told you not to hangout with those new mutants, now you're all locked up in a secret facility!"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sgt. Politeness posted:

They're inserting phone calls to Magik's brother Colossus who is a TSA agent.

"Girl I told you not to hangout with those new mutants, now you're all locked up in a secret facility!"
Deadpool's first appearance was in New Mutants, so check and mate

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
By the time the Fox deal is finalized Deadpool 3 will be done and Reynolds will be too old to keep doing the role.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So they are adding a new mutant to New Mutants?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I feel like a film being...mutable?...enough that you can add a whole new character to it in reshoots is probably not a good sign?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Mr Hootington posted:

Black Panther was amazing.

Edit:

It is tied with Thor 3 and Spider-Man Homecoming as my favorite Marvel movie.

I want that green suit!

Ok, but only if you also take the radical lip disc.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

BrianWilly posted:

I feel like a film being...mutable?...enough that you can add a whole new character to it in reshoots is probably not a good sign?

Maybe they're putting in Forget-me-not so they don't have to worry about continuity in editing

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

BrianWilly posted:

Star Trek Beyond did it and if you didn't know who it was you couldn't tell. This sounds more significant but it's really hard to say based on a single line in an article.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Star Trek Beyond did it and if you didn't know who it was you couldn't tell. This sounds more significant but it's really hard to say based on a single line in an article.

Adding Welshy in post was super obvious.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Wheat Loaf posted:

The other big movies this December look to be Bumblebee: A Transformers Story and Mary Poppins 2: Pop Harder, so it will probably do well if there's nothing else up against it. No Star Wars movie this Christmas.

I read that post as "The Bee Movie: A Transformers Story."

Which lead to me imagining some demonic mashup of Michael Bay's Transformers with the Jerry Seinfeld animated film.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I really wonder how Aquaman is going to turn out. I feel like it’ll either be a trash fire or just alright, and I don’t think an alright DC movie that isnt Wonder Woman has enough hype to carry it past flopdom.

People wanting to gently caress Jason Momoa wasn't enough to make his character interesting at all in Justice League, I doubt the standalone film will be any better.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I hope the new character in New Mutants is digitally inserted and looks super out of place.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

People wanting to gently caress Jason Momoa wasn't enough to make his character interesting at all in Justice League, I doubt the standalone film will be any better.

Justice league took a page out of the Avengers movies and aimed to make everyone as bland and inoffensive as possible, so I wouldn't judge the character by that metric.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

I hope the new character in New Mutants is digitally inserted and looks super out of place.

I too hope it is Warlock.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

Maybe I've missed whatever he's been good in or maybe he's got hidden talents (ala Hemsworth) but I really can't see him carrying a film.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Wait. Who was this?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Nilbop posted:

Wait. Who was this?

Shohreh Aghdashloo as Commodore Paris. Not a major role but they wanted to fiddle with some of the Yorktown / Starfleet scenes and so she was added in.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Maybe I've missed whatever he's been good in or maybe he's got hidden talents (ala Hemsworth) but I really can't see him carrying a film.

Game of thrones....? I think that's the only thing his fans remember him from. And there's a series on my region's netflix with him as a lead but I haven't watched it, so I dunno how good is his acting in reality.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Desperado Bones posted:

Game of thrones....? I think that's the only thing his fans remember him from. And there's a series on my region's netflix with him as a lead but I haven't watched it, so I dunno how good is his acting in reality.

Game of Thrones really only required him to strut around and growl in an unintelligible fantasy language. It played to his strengths; his good looks and physicality. His acting, that I’ve seen, is only kind of so-so. But, to be fair, I’ve never seen him in anything remotely challenging.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Shohreh Aghdashloo as Commodore Paris. Not a major role but they wanted to fiddle with some of the Yorktown / Starfleet scenes and so she was added in.

The only person she interacts with is Kirk I think? So it’s not that surprising really.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

The only person she interacts with is Kirk I think? So it’s not that surprising really.

Yeah, but if you didn't know to look for it you wouldn't think twice about it.

Maybe New Mutants will end up like that, or maybe they'll add in a Russian family.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Question IRL posted:

I read that post as "The Bee Movie: A Transformers Story."

Which lead to me imagining some demonic mashup of Michael Bay's Transformers with the Jerry Seinfeld animated film.

It's so weird that Jerry Seinfeld has done maybe six things since Seinfeld ended and that's one of them.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

IUG posted:

I too hope it is Warlock.

If they CG Warlock into the movie and have him Jar Jar Binks-ing it up without anyone in-universe acknowledging it that would be absolutely amazing.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Wheat Loaf posted:

It's so weird that Jerry Seinfeld has done maybe six things since Seinfeld ended and that's one of them.

And to think it is only the second worst thing!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JordanKai posted:

If they CG Warlock into the movie and have him Jar Jar Binks-ing it up without anyone in-universe acknowledging it that would be absolutely amazing.

Warlock was already confirmed for the movie.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

McCloud posted:

Justice league took a page out of the Avengers movies and aimed to make everyone as bland and inoffensive as possible, so I wouldn't judge the character by that metric.

:nallears:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

As far as I can tell his only talent is being really attractive in an unconventional (for hollywood) way.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Oh yeah, the lady with the nigh-unintelligibly smokey voice. You could've honestly said like half of that movie and my brain would've made it work. So little of that movie stuck with me.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nilbop posted:

Oh yeah, the lady with the nigh-unintelligibly smokey voice. You could've honestly said like half of that movie and my brain would've made it work. So little of that movie stuck with me.

Don't you fuckin' dare besmirch Shohreh Aghdashloo

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Wheat Loaf posted:

From watching Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee he makes it pretty clear that he doesn't need to work and doesn't care about working, other than stand-up, which isn't really work to him anyway. If he never had any other project ever for the rest of his life you wouldn't hear him complain.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wouldn't hear me complain either.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
For a really long time I thought Antz was a Seinfeld thing. It's actually the Woody Allen one and I have no idea if Dreamworks thought getting an all-star voice cast (seriously, in addition to Allen that movie has Stallone, Sharon Stone, Gene Hackman, Christopher Walken and more) would somehow make it more competitive against A Bug's Life, because I'm pretty sure kids don't really care about voice actors.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Your passive aggressive jab aside, that's literally why WB hired Whedon, to make it nore like the avengers movie.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Wheat Loaf posted:

For a really long time I thought Antz was a Seinfeld thing. It's actually the Woody Allen one and I have no idea if Dreamworks thought getting an all-star voice cast (seriously, in addition to Allen that movie has Stallone, Sharon Stone, Gene Hackman, Christopher Walken and more) would somehow make it more competitive against A Bug's Life, because I'm pretty sure kids don't really care about voice actors.
The all-star voice cast isn't to get kids to watch the film, it's to get adults to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

The all-star voice cast isn't to get kids to watch the film, it's to get adults to.

See also, that Bee movie with Sienfeldt

Edit: Not literally though, since it wasn't a good movie.

• Locked thread