Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Daztek posted:

Space court pacer activity update:

Document:

https://www.docdroid.net/uMDHWEY/discovery-plan.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Many two weeks to go, back to eating our own, thread.

2019 lol

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Will CIG even make it that long?

Lol we all know idiot manbabies will dump money into CIG continuously JUST TO SHOW SKADDEN WHAT ITS LIKE TO GET OWNED IN 2019 WOOOOO USA USA USA USA USA!

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Daztek posted:

2019 lol

For real? This time-frame is far beyond what I imagined.

Which is typical for anything CIG.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sillybones posted:

For real? This time-frame is far beyond what I imagined.

Which is typical for anything CIG.

Lotta things to do apparently

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
By mid-2019 is won't be a 10$ Million Nothingburger because CIG will have less than that in the bank :smuggo:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ahahaha I knew CIG was going to try and stop them from looking at their financials

"Miss judge please throw away the case but if you do grant discovery dont let them look at our books oh god please"

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

XK posted:

I want everyone to recognize another pitfall with their "bind culling". Here's the simplest one. They've sold ships on the capability of having long range detection capabilities. They even have a deep space telescope module for one of their ships.

How do you cull things a nominal distance away from most players, while still accommodating long range sensors?

Good luck, CIG programmers.

https://giant.gfycat.com/HeavyEntireAcornweevil.webm

That shouldn't be an issue. The server performs the scanning and informs the client about the results. Bind culling is about avoiding simulating/rendering actors that are far away. That doesn't mean the server can't send information about them anymore, via a different network event.

CIG sure has many problems, but that shouldn't be one.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Tippis posted:

Yes. Always. And they'll do the darnedest things to trick you into believing it's not actually what's going on, so they're very kind that way.

Cats are not kind. They're just autistic dogs.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

The ELE is real.

"Netflix Director Says The Company Is Ready To Commit To Anime: http://comicbook.com/anime/2018/02/28/netflix-anime-expansion-watch-original-series/"

Oh, and CIG Bind Culling is blocked by them not being able to make the network engine at all able to not send updates for everything to everyone. Because it requires rewriting core parts of CryEngine/LY networking, and is a decently ardous task. Actually implementing the culling algorithms is a later task, which will also be painful due to their architecture and engine choice, but in new and interesting ways. You are all way ahead of them. No point in wondering how they're going to play the soccer match when they haven't even located a ball yet.

PederP fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Feb 28, 2018

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

PederP posted:

The ELE is real.

"Netflix Director Says The Company Is Ready To Commit To Anime: http://comicbook.com/anime/2018/02/28/netflix-anime-expansion-watch-original-series/"

MODS!!!!

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Dooguk posted:

MODS!!!!

Anime is bad.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Sheesh - the CIG responses in that document are pretty awful to my layman eyes. They seem to be lifted from the Citizen Defense Force Greatest Hits paired with the "Befuddled Old Lady who has no idea what is going on" defense, it just seems weird.

But it is clear they do not want their corporate structure and finances exposed to sunlight, at all.

For lawgoons, is their response as atypical of actual lawyers as I think it is?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

Uh, did the cat die at the end?

Only in a just world

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

PederP posted:

Anime is bad.

You are forgiven.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Daztek posted:

2019 lol

This is your Virtual Captain speaking. I am diverting all available power to July blogs.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Ahahaha I knew CIG was going to try and stop them from looking at their financials

"Miss judge please throw away the case but if you do grant discovery dont let them look at our books oh god please"

"Crytek's counsel stated that Crytek was open both to mediation with a neutral from the Court Meditation Panel or with a private mediator, but declined to respond to Defendants' insistence that Crytek make a settlement demand"

:gary:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
"Defendants asked Crytek what it wanted from this case and whether it had a settlement demand. Crytek said it was not prepared to make a settlement demand or tell Defendants what it hoped to achieve from the lawsuit. Defendants asked Crytek what method of settlement procedure Crytek preferred; Crytek would not state."

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

Uh, did the cat die at the end?

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/pet_day/kitty-corner-update-on-an-unlikely-friendship/article_210c4ea3-31f3-59a1-a142-7322228be24f.html

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

8bitpenis.gif

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Feb 28, 2018

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Cletus Van Damme posted:

Only thing missing is a section on a lawsuit being brought by the steam engine's manufacturers

If you can believe it, that was written so long ago that the idea of Crytek suing CIG not only hadn't occurred to us but also would have seemed outlandish.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Pretty weird that a money-grab lawsuit plaintiff won't tell the defendant how much money they want to grab, despite said defendant practically begging for a number.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Golli posted:

Pretty weird that a money-grab lawsuit plaintiff won't tell the defendant how much money they want to grab, despite said defendant practically begging for a number.

Actually, I just heard the reddit narrative shift. Turns out, Crytek is actually after CIG's revolutionary tech now, not money.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

Actually, I just heard the reddit narrative shift. Turns out, Crytek is actually after CIG's revolutionary tech now, not money.

Yeah, Crytek is just dragging this out long enough to get their hands on Bind Culling.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Golli posted:

Sheesh - the CIG responses in that document are pretty awful to my layman eyes. They seem to be lifted from the Citizen Defense Force Greatest Hits paired with the "Befuddled Old Lady who has no idea what is going on" defense, it just seems weird.

But it is clear they do not want their corporate structure and finances exposed to sunlight, at all.

For lawgoons, is their response as atypical of actual lawyers as I think it is?
It's whiny yeah. But it's also discovery which makes the best lawyers whiny, and it's just the preliminary "hey this is what the parties intend or at least what I could get them to sign to after the wildlife agents came into the conference room and sprayed down all the participants with tranqs so they'd stop flinging poo at each other."

That must have been a fun meeting, reading through it you can almost tell the Skadden attorneys were probably rubbing their temples to the point it left marks. Hilarity: Crytek wants "revenue, profits, and crowdfunding obtained by Defendants" which is pretty standard because if you want to aim to disgorge profits or whatever due to copyright infringement, well loving duh. CIG came back swinging with

some fucktard with a legal license posted:

Defendants asked Crytek to explain why, for example the "crowdfunding obtained by Defendants" is relevant to any claim or defense. Crytek's only response was that this topic is relevant "for all the obvious reasons."

:allears:

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Nyast posted:

That shouldn't be an issue. The server performs the scanning and informs the client about the results. Bind culling is about avoiding simulating/rendering actors that are far away. That doesn't mean the server can't send information about them anymore, via a different network event.

CIG sure has many problems, but that shouldn't be one.

CIG are known for their ability to create problems than solve them.
So for most companies, this shouldn't be a problem, but this is CIG we are talking about.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AP posted:

"Defendants asked Crytek what it wanted from this case and whether it had a settlement demand. Crytek said it was not prepared to make a settlement demand or tell Defendants what it hoped to achieve from the lawsuit. Defendants asked Crytek what method of settlement procedure Crytek preferred; Crytek would not state."

This is exactly what I hoped for lol

:saddowns: will u take money to go away plz?
:v: NO gently caress YOU!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Daztek posted:

Space court pacer activity update:

I totally called this one. I even have witnesses, right? :grin:

Who remembers back when I said it would be all about money, and CIG would do everything they can to ensure that the money they have raised - which most know is pure bullshit - is never revealed to the public (let alone backers).

Now they're pulling the oldest trick in the book: delay tactics during Rule 26(f) discovery. Like nobody ever thought of that before, and the judge is clueless.

Sadly for them, they HAVE to provide those financials because, well, that's how copyright infringement lawsuits tend to work when it comes to estimating damages.

It's hilarious that CIG asked Crytek to offer a settlement in a Rule 26 procedure. These chuckleheads really don't realize they are dealing with a top notch firm like Skadden. How could Crytek possibly offer financial settlement, if they don't know how much they could possibly get? That's like thinking you would get $100 at trial, but ask for $1 now.

loving amateurs.

Edit: My old avatar was reverted by an admin; and I just restored the original. I don't mind people spending 10 bux to keep changing them, when it costs me 5 bux to revert. But note that using racist undertones, insults etc in avatars, while pretending that the mods changed it, is a sure fire way to get it removed for FREE (it costs me nothing). So go ahead, do what you do. And loving :lol: if you find pleasure in paying Lowtax 10 bux to lay down what you think is a sick burn; when we all just do it for free. Do what you do, MoMa - it's all good. You just spent 20 bux this morning; compared to my 10. :laffo:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Feb 28, 2018

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
I am glad there will be no settlement. Now at least I know this summer's gonna finally have something of substance in this otherwise zombie dead thread.

See you then commandos and commandas.

Or sooner depending on Bootcha making more vids that help me find some closure in this whole loving monstrum of a pyramid scheme.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheLastRoboKy posted:

CHANGE cracked me up way more than it should have.

We're going through a hellish merger. The whole slide cracked me up more than it should because it literally describes everyone below C-level.

Have you blogged on this at all?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

CIG is basically begging for a settlement the moment that discovery is granted. They know full well that if it reaches that point they are hosed and thats why their hope is to immediately mediate with a magistrate on any potential settlement.

I'm sure that their financials are super incriminating and dont want anyone to see them.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

baaahahahaha. This is phenomenal.

"Yes we know it's not a game. Please stop telling us it's not a game and pointing out the project is screwed. We know that and keep backing it anyway getting scammed out of millions"

lolololol

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Cao Ni Ma posted:

CIG is basically begging for a settlement the moment that discovery is granted. They know full well that if it reaches that point they are hosed and thats why their hope is to immediately mediate with a magistrate on any potential settlement.

I'm sure that their financials are super incriminating and dont want anyone to see them.

The Streisand effect will be off the charts here, I love all of this ha ha

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Cao Ni Ma posted:

:allears:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

pdf of joint report discovery rule 26f:

https://www.docdroid.net/uMDHWEY/discovery-plan.pdf#page=3

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

CIG's responses to the Discovery Plan are dumb and the person who drafted them should feel dumb.

Lol, they're obviously stalling for time.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Crytek position on discovery:

2 At this time, Crytek contends that discovery will be needed on at least the
3 following subjects:
4 • Defendants' products, including Star Citizen and Squadron 42;
5 • marketing and promotion of Defendants' products;
6 • revenue, profits, and crowdfunding obtained by Defendants;
7 • Defendants' use of Crytek property, including CryEngine;
8 • contracts and communications between the Defendants;
9 • ownership, management, and structure of Defendants;
10 • Defendants' communications with its customers;
11 • operative contracts between Crytek and Defendants; and
12 • technology transferred from Crytek to Defendants.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

"Their inclusion of these and other irrelevant topics serves only
to underscore Crytek's ulterior motives in this lawsuit. During the Rule 26(f)
conference, Defendants asked Crytek to explain why, for example the "crowdfunding
obtained by Defendants" is relevant to any claim or defense. Crytek's only response
was that this topic is relevant "for all the obvious reasons." When Defendants asked
Crytek to clarify this statement, Crytek declined to engage any further on the subject"

fantastic stuff this

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Looks like Chris will have to honour THE PLEDGE after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

a lot of "we don't understand" from CIG