Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Emrikol posted:

Pointing out that Patrick couldn't follow her into Feral's mind doesn't actually explain why.

Uh, hello? Isn't it obvious? Her mind is different. And full of stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I appreciate that the author is aware that we have no idea if giant radioactive mom is one of the five Infinite Fragments of Anti-Clevin

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
So Patrick's mind is this vast oppressive walled city with thousands of occupants (mostly unseen) and includes an entire museum dedicated to memories from everyone he's ever had contact with, along with a whole hidden landscape "beyond the barriers" where he represses the bad memories of his dogmurdering mother and electroshock torture.

Yet Feral's mind, so far represented by a small garden with a catgirl in it, is so full of stuff.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
The only way this makes any sense at all is if they're both in Patrick's mind but no :shrug:

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
If you squint the plants in feral's mind resemble fettuccini verde.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I feel like there's something racist about assuming that the person who was born with a weird eyeball mutation is naturally more animalistic and their natural environment is a weird exotic jungle.

Has Feral even been to a jungle?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Flesh Forge posted:

recurring theme

Maybe by 'stuff' she means weed, because otherwise 'full of stuff' is not how I'd describe a bush and three flowers.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

SlothfulCobra posted:

I feel like there's something racist about assuming that the person who was born with a weird eyeball mutation is naturally more animalistic and their natural environment is a weird exotic jungle.

Has Feral even been to a jungle?

Probably in her world travels, but I still think it's overly simplistic to assume that a girl from Mississippi would have a jungle in her head instead of some country/swampland region like what she is used too.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
A girl from Mississippi who spent a considerable amount of time as an organ farm in perpetual surgery with no anesthetics

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ah so Patrick LORD BOY will be defeated by the feels

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

People die when they're killed.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

What a tautology! That is a lot of Ts!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Flesh Forge posted:

What a tautology! That is a lot of Ts!

Id like a pound of Ts please.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Stormgale posted:

Ah so Patrick LORD BOY will be defeated by the feels

Huh? What do those guys find toxic? Flowers? I don't understand. Randomness, chaos maybe? But is Feral's world that chaotic, when it's just a tiny garden? Do they hate joy? Was this established at any point? What a load of old toss.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Huh? What do those guys find toxic? Flowers? I don't understand. Randomness, chaos maybe? But is Feral's world that chaotic, when it's just a tiny garden? Do they hate joy? Was this established at any point? What a load of old toss.

Emotions, Feelings, Chaos.

Hence my comment

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

This is legit starting to get as bad as Dominic Deegan in the same “good intentions but executed in literally the worst possible way” garbage

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Wrist Watch posted:

This is legit starting to get as bad as Dominic Deegan in the same “good intentions but executed in literally the worst possible way” garbage

At least it doesn't have a sexy rapist in it. :v:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yet

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

super sweet best pal posted:

People die when they're killed.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
in fairness "you'll die if they kill you" is about old-Feral levels of dialogue

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
So Patrick will defeated by being forced to be a softboy. So basically the overarcing theme is Patrick bad for being self repressive and independant Clevin good for being a bland softboy.

So this entire arc was made to make Clevin look good... I approve.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Breetai posted:

At least it doesn't have a sexy rapist in it. :v:

It did have the same sort of "what if raping somebody was the right thing to do" cockamamie hypothetical.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

I like how even though Patrick wouldn't shut the gently caress up about it for fifty pages, Alison still doesn't know what "component" is.

Axe-man posted:

So Patrick will defeated by being forced to be a softboy. So basically the overarcing theme is Patrick bad for being self repressive and independant Clevin good for being a bland softboy.

So this entire arc was made to make Clevin look good... I approve.

Actually, I think her plan is to kill Patrick by filling his brain with a toxic substance. Very pragmatic, good stuff.

(But for real, though, I think you're 100% correct. The chapter started out with Clevin's spaghetti meltdown, which Alison thought was very brave and honest. Clevin's open about his pathetic, mopey feelings while Patrick represses them. Clearly, whining all the time is the healthier option.)

pospysyl fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Feb 27, 2018

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Wrist Watch posted:

If you go through plot by plot I bet SFP and DD have a considerable amount that lines up, and you could predict what's coming up in SFP by looking foward in degan

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

sweeperbravo posted:

If you go through plot by plot I bet SFP and DD have a considerable amount that lines up, and you could predict what's coming up in SFP by looking foward in degan

So when will we get to hear about Clevin's tragic backstory and rape? :stonklol:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Axe-man posted:

So when will we get to hear about Clevin's tragic backstory and rape? :stonklol:

Why do you think he keeps talking about is Real Big Dad

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I'd still like to know how this mind-hopping nonsense is supposed to actually work since she's apparently figured it all out while the multiple mental constructs of the guy that actually has mind powers haven't.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm trying to find the time Clevin sang of his Real Big Dad or whatever that was, can't find it at the moment

But GOD drat was he an entirely different human being back in the invisible rapist dick stabbing days.

He was like, a full head taller than the main girl, actually had some kind of non soft features, and generally looked like a person.

What has happened to the art and can anyone find the beauty that was Clevin singing

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Zerilan posted:

I'd still like to know how this mind-hopping nonsense is supposed to actually work since she's apparently figured it all out while the multiple mental constructs of the guy that actually has mind powers haven't.
There's like, disk images of people in Lord Boy's brain, aren't there? She could have connected to and talked to a sort of Dixie Flatline version of Feral in his head.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Nessus posted:

There's like, disk images of people in Lord Boy's brain, aren't there? She could have connected to and talked to a sort of Dixie Flatline version of Feral in his head.

That would be the coherent version of what happened, but as far as I can tell she was in fact in Feral's head, somehow.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Allison was receiving psychic projections from Patrick, so she decided to lie down next to him and go to sleep so that she could project herself into his mind. There, Patrick attempted to psychically murder her. Allison escaped by jumping to Feral, rendering her unconscious in the process. Feral's mind is too free-spirited and empathic for Patrick to enter.

ass frog
Feb 28, 2018

by Smythe
rear end frog

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Emrikol posted:

Allison was receiving psychic projections from Patrick, so she decided to lie down next to him and go to sleep so that she could project herself into his mind. There, Patrick attempted to psychically murder her. Allison escaped by jumping to Feral, rendering her unconscious in the process. Feral's mind is too free-spirited and empathic for Patrick to enter.

Yes so... at what point did Patrick gain the ability to project not just himself but other people into other people's minds? The comic just assumes 'weird magical mind world' is a natural thing for people to have, and once inside they can wander into each other's.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

PsychoNAHts

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Joe Slowboat posted:

Yes so... at what point did Patrick gain the ability to project not just himself but other people into other people's minds?

Presumably back when he had a bunch of unconscious researchers in his office because he was busy doing mind stuff to them back in the rape saga. As far as I know, he was just portrayed as passively and instantaneously mind-taking everyone in a radius around him up until that point.

And really, that was the whole point of his character. He couldn't control his power, and it was a one-way ability that couldn't effect others. He used the fact that he knew people's minds to manipulate them. The reveal that he can actually invade, alter, and destroy minds is a retcon that eliminates pretty much everything interesting about it.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
It's possible Patrick gained his new power after Allison forced that college libertarian to jizz super cum.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I mean it'd be nice if there was some clue as to what happened to change that and maybe have the main character who's known him for many years actually notice that and react to it, but I guess that's expecting a lot :shrug:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

SlothfulCobra posted:

It did have the same sort of "what if raping somebody was the right thing to do" cockamamie hypothetical.

Alison sorta raped that guy remember

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The thing is neither artist nor artiste realized they were making a rape metaphor when they did that scene of Allison forcing a person to do something they did not want to do under physical and emotional duress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Calaveron posted:

The thing is neither artist nor artiste realized they were making a rape metaphor when they did that scene of Allison forcing a person to do something they did not want to do under physical and emotional duress

The best part is that Deegan almost comes out ahead here

The heroic rapist there at least had to deal with a few people hating him. The only person who hated Alison after her heroic rape was the victim, but that's okay because he's the bad guy and she's made it clear that if she has to she'll do it again.

• Locked thread