Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Well, first do the intro to live chat, then quit. Let kiryu see some titty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I'll tell ya this. Right after your first visit to New Serena, Kamurocho seems to open waaaaaay up. I got to play Puyo Puyo, VF5, and am now going to RIZAP.

Next check, I'm gonna go get Best Buy's GCU thingy which will make this and other games way cheaper.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Don't forget there's a second Club Sega, with Outrun/Darts/Fantasy Zone/some other games I forgot. poo poo be wild.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Okay yeah, Live Chat is amazeballs.

loving requesting an avatar with Kiryu trying to type while wearing a Foxy Grandpa hat.

God drat.

Fake Edit: Not to mention the SECRET EXIT TO THE NEXT DOOR OFFICE WITH A SAFE IN IT.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Can confirm, I got the full version on accident as well. You aren't supposed to be able to go into Club Sega or get Trophies in the demo, and I can do both.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

RubberLuffy posted:

Can confirm, I got the full version on accident as well. You aren't supposed to be able to go into Club Sega or get Trophies in the demo, and I can do both.

the achievement thing concerned me, but I think that's actually intentional

https://twitter.com/yakuzagame/status/968540211046051840

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Ludwig van Halen posted:

the achievement thing concerned me, but I think that's actually intentional

https://twitter.com/yakuzagame/status/968540211046051840

Maybe, but I know supposedly Club Sega is supposed to be closed off as "This area not available for Trial version" and I can go in there and play VF5 and whatever.

Also I didn't know where the demo is supposed to end when playing and it turns out I'm past it. Oops

RubberLuffy fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Feb 28, 2018

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Same here, this game loving rules.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Yeah, I was like, oh, man, when does this demo end? Should I play more because I'm going to forget stuff after six weeks! Then I get online and read what's going on... and now what? I've got a physical copy coming because I want one to go with the others, so I don't think I should feel bad if I just go ahead and play now... right?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Man, the U.K. version was just the demo :(

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
The chat segment is really, really horny. Which I should have guessed, but I didn't anticipate women taking off their clothes.

im on the net me boys fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Feb 28, 2018

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Famitsu gave out their scores for Hokuto ga Gotoku
Hokuto ga Gotoku (PS4) – 9/9/9/8 [35/40]

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

whomupclicklike posted:

The chat segment is really, really horny. Which I should have guessed, but I didn't anticipate women taking off their clothes.
poo poo yeah it was turbo horny why weren't you cheering along with me

HebrewMagic fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Feb 28, 2018

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

HebrewMagic posted:

poo poo yeah it was turbo horny why weren't you cheering along with me

Too horny

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
did they fix the demo yet

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
T O O H O R N Y ! ! !

Kiryu's old man hunt-and-peck typing is hilarious to me.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Moe_Rahn posted:

T O O H O R N Y ! ! !

Kiryu's old man hunt-and-peck typing is hilarious to me.

Which option did you take in the substory? I picked Option 2 and hooooo.

”S... U... P... Question mark.”

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

atholbrose posted:

Yeah, I was like, oh, man, when does this demo end? Should I play more because I'm going to forget stuff after six weeks! Then I get online and read what's going on... and now what? I've got a physical copy coming because I want one to go with the others, so I don't think I should feel bad if I just go ahead and play now... right?

Where's the demo supposed to end? As far as I could tell, it's either just the prologue, (which is almost all cutscene and would be a poo poo demo) or chapter 1, which would be a ton of gameplay.

EDIT: I just went into a Club Sega and it told me I shouldn't be wasting time there because I was supposed to be helping a friend, so I guess I have the full game? That would be great since I have it preordered and was trying to figure out how I was going to play this and God of War at the same time.

The Diddler fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Feb 28, 2018

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
The Hokotu ga Gotoku CM on PlayStation Japan was uploaded, with English subtitles ready
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNiaaRXz2b0
Maybe we'll be told about a Fist of The North Star game coming our way at E3

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

The Diddler posted:

Where's the demo supposed to end? As far as I could tell, it's either just the prologue, (which is almost all cutscene and would be a poo poo demo) or chapter 1, which would be a ton of gameplay.

EDIT: I just went into a Club Sega and it told me I shouldn't be wasting time there because I was supposed to be helping a friend, so I guess I have the full game? That would be great since I have it preordered and was trying to figure out how I was going to play this and God of War at the same time.

If you downloaded the demo from the US store before they pulled it, you have the game. It is not an exploit, there is nothing to it - the game just lets you play to the next chapter.

And you're drat right I'm playing this game right now (and it still won't keep me from buying it on release, but I am not giving this one up, no sir)

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Caitlin posted:

If you downloaded the demo from the US store before they pulled it, you have the game. It is not an exploit, there is nothing to it - the game just lets you play to the next chapter.

And you're drat right I'm playing this game right now (and it still won't keep me from buying it on release, but I am not giving this one up, no sir)

So wait when did they pull it again? If it was around 4 PM PST yesterday then WOOHOO I GOTS ME A COPY.

... but to be fair, I don’t have the ice stones or art book or shot glass. Gotta get full crime uncle up in this B.

As an aside, did Yakuza 5 end on a happy note or something? Fuckin’ I had to groan when Haruka’s revealing of Kiryu’s role went and hosed up the reputation of Sunflower Morning Glory Orphanage.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wow there is basically nothing to the actual demo-demo. Prologue and then you get as far as heading to little Asia to find Akiyama and the last dot for him is behind a walled off part of the map.

10 minutes of gameplay at an absolute stretch after you get through all the cutscenes in the prologue. You're free to go eat food and punch dudes but the amount of levelling and unlocking you can do is also capped.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Did it? Haruka talked about Kiryu raising her and being a nice yakuza, everyone was shocked, then Kiryu got stabbed in the stomach?

Am i forgetting a scene?

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

The Diddler posted:

From what I could gather, it's supposed to end before you go to the rebuilt Little Asia. So yeah, basically zero gameplay.

projecthalaxy posted:

Did it? Haruka talked about Kiryu raising her and being a nice yakuza, everyone was shocked, then Kiryu got stabbed in the stomach?

Am i forgetting a scene?

Yes, Haruka finding him in the snow. It's recapped in 6. The difference between the models in 5 and those in 6 is clear from the cut from flashback to new stuff.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Am i forgetting a scene?

Oh, guess it didn’t. But I thought Kiryu being stabbed happened before he fought Aizawa, hence the wound opening up during said fight.

Still, huh. Assumed things went a bit bright before what with how antagonistic fate was to Haruka.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

widespread posted:

So wait when did they pull it again? If it was around 4 PM PST yesterday then WOOHOO I GOTS ME A COPY.

... but to be fair, I don’t have the ice stones or art book or shot glass. Gotta get full crime uncle up in this B.

As an aside, did Yakuza 5 end on a happy note or something? Fuckin’ I had to groan when Haruka’s revealing of Kiryu’s role went and hosed up the reputation of Sunflower Morning Glory Orphanage.

I dunno, sometime yesterday afternoon. And yeah, it sounds like the demo is SUPPOSED to be exactly like the JP demo of Y6 from last year, which means it was definitely supposed to stop before Little Asia as I suspected 'cause I downloaded that one last year.

tbh I was just really annoyed that Sega tried to claim there was "some exploit" to unlock the full game when really it just doesn't wall you off at all. :toot:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I mean I forget most of what happened at in the end of 5 besides Akiyama killing that giant dude and becoming King of All The Yakuza which I really hope comes up in 6 because that seems mportant

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

I mean I forget most of what happened at in the end of 5 besides Akiyama killing that giant dude and becoming King of All The Yakuza which I really hope comes up in 6 because that seems mportant

Early game spoiler: Actually, Akiyama now has to deal with the Triads. poo poo went south as they say.

Caitlin posted:

I dunno, sometime yesterday afternoon. And yeah, it sounds like the demo is SUPPOSED to be exactly like the JP demo of Y6 from last year, which means it was definitely supposed to stop before Little Asia as I suspected 'cause I downloaded that one last year.

tbh I was just really annoyed that Sega tried to claim there was "some exploit" to unlock the full game when really it just doesn't wall you off at all. :toot:

Oh, guess I really do got the full game. Saw the cutscene, fought dudes in Little Asia, and went on my merry way.

As an aside, what drinks do y’all get? I tend to get Lucky Soda.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

widespread posted:

Early game spoiler: Actually, Akiyama now has to deal with the Triads. poo poo went south as they say.

Yes. Outstanding. Perfect. This is exactly what i want.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Yes. Outstanding. Perfect. This is exactly what i want.

If I recall, it’s more “Triads chased Akiyama off to a point where he is forced to sell Sky Finance or at the very least get the gently caress outta dodge and go into hiding.

This ends with Kiryu and Akiyama facing off against EGGMAN Ed The Big Triad Who Killed Two Yakuza At A Meeting. It’s actually pretty sick.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

MrLonghair posted:

The Hokotu ga Gotoku CM on PlayStation Japan was uploaded, with English subtitles ready
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNiaaRXz2b0
Maybe we'll be told about a Fist of The North Star game coming our way at E3

The demo is great but why did Sega change Aarzak's name to Kenshiro?

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I was trying to take a selfie and some thugs walked up behind me and started a fight, and I got a trophy for it.

Good game. Now I have a photo of 4 dudes just charging at Kiryu's back and Kiryu just looking indifferent.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I've made sure in both the K2 and 6 demos to throw a dude through a restaurant window and pelt them with chairs, which I should add needs to be in every game's demo

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I can't wait for the next FIFA demo to let me full on tackle Pelé's rear end through some plate glass

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I started the finale in Yakuza 4, got through the first 3 fights. When I get to the final fight I realize I don't have any healing items on Tanimura, welp there goes 45 minutes of progress :shrug:

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

I finished Chapter 3 of Y6 earlier tonight, saved and quit. While I was eating dinner, they locked the demo.

Ah, well, I can wait until April to continue. Back to Gleaner Heights...

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Your mistake was thinking it was safe to quit out of the game. Hecka no.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Yeah I let it go to sleep on Sleep Mode during a rousing game of Mahjong on the Hard table and oop I come back and it's all locked.

Guess I gotta use the disc that comes with my shotglasses and ice stones now.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

I was wondering how long it was going to take for that to get locked down. Oh well, guess we'll stick with 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I knew I couldn't get away with chatting up pretty ladies forever

All the more reason to pick up my feet and keep going through until April