Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
This is wrong; Janna does more damage than lux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Sexpansion posted:

Brand is literally one of the strongest mages in the game right now.

Brand preys on idiots but is super duper feast or famine. If he falls behind he adds nothing due to how high his risk factor is and how close he has to get to the enemy. Picking a champion who's consistent is better for ensuring you'll get strong and smash dudes, IMO, hence recommending Vel instead.

(Vel is also more fun to get good at, too - Brand is easier so he may yield more results immediately, but land trickshot skillshots never gets old.)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Transient People posted:

Brand preys on idiots but is super duper feast or famine. If he falls behind he adds nothing due to how high his risk factor is and how close he has to get to the enemy. Picking a champion who's consistent is better for ensuring you'll get strong and smash dudes, IMO, hence recommending Vel instead.

(Vel is also more fun to get good at, too - Brand is easier so he may yield more results immediately, but land trickshot skillshots never gets old.)

I mean I was a Vel main for two seasons, I love that champ, I'm just saying, new Liandry's makes Brand nutso right now.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Sexpansion posted:

I mean I was a Vel main for two seasons, I love that champ, I'm just saying, new Liandry's makes Brand nutso right now.

Wouldn't the same go for Vel too tho? Since his Q slows out of the box and Brand needs a rylai's to get there.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

The Dregs posted:

I know she got nerfed, but here in bronze land, landing a point and click stun with a side of Tibbers fucks that adc every time. I've won three of four with her. But yeah, I think I'll give Velkoz a try.

the nerfs make it unplayable for me and i practically mained support annie, the auto range feels like poo poo and you are never as threatening as you want to be, obviously ranged guaranteed stun is good but

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I've tried Support Annie and every game where we didn't win the level 6 all-in then used Tibbers to take first turret or dragon resulted in a loss. I have a feeling that being able to use the bear after its been summoned is probably the only way to make the pick work at all, it felt very "win-more".

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
So, what do I build on support Trundle, then?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

a medical mystery posted:

I've tried Support Annie and every game where we didn't win the level 6 all-in then used Tibbers to take first turret or dragon resulted in a loss. I have a feeling that being able to use the bear after its been summoned is probably the only way to make the pick work at all, it felt very "win-more".

you underestimate the power of blasting juicy j and forcing a win by going slowly all in from level 3 on a giant long con to get a double kill literally the second you hit 6 but i feel this post

E: im not kidding either i had a playlist of only juicy j songs that i listened to when playing support annie

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 28, 2018

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hate new liandry's, personally. But I usually play Lux and its never been that great on her anyway.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've been playing a lot of new Fizz with the burst W instead of the onhit autos. Idk what riot was smoking with this change. Fizz was already one of the best burst heros in the game, and they made him better at that.

I guess face sharks arent as good, but a good fizz never relied on those anyway

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Are we calling it new fizz when those changes are from like two seasons ago?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Firebert posted:

i mean, new relatively to the way he was before i guess..?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Transient People posted:

Brand preys on idiots but is super duper feast or famine. If he falls behind he adds nothing

That... is not true, his damage scales with the more health the enemy has either through levels or items and in fights all he has to really do is land his Q stun and press R when two or more people are close enough, he is going to perma slow with rylai which he should have built in his first 4000g or 7000g and all his core items give him 200-300 health.

Yeah, he isn't going to contribute if he just walks into the enemy team and dies without being able to press a button, but so does everyone, but if he gets to press that R button then the entire enemy team is going to get chunked.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Feb 28, 2018

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Firebert posted:

I havent played since season 3 so its new to me

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

The Dregs posted:

Locket and Knight's Vow are good. Try to get 40% CDR for pillar cooldown. Spirit Visage is probably the best overall tank item for him. Randuin active is also pretty useful. If you get ahead buy Iceborn Gauntlet, sheen effect is very good with Q.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

I havent played since season 3 so its new to me

You missed the toxic on-hit bruiser builds of Fizz then which was the reason why the W change was implemented. Fizz being able to burst people is good, because he is an assassin. Fizz being able to burst people and destroy tanks when he has 3k hp and a frozen heart...not so great...

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Why have I never tried combining Unflinching and Legend:tenacity before? gently caress your stun spam team, I got 68 tenacity, come at me.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Firebert posted:

You missed the toxic on-hit bruiser builds of Fizz then which was the reason why the W change was implemented. Fizz being able to burst people is good, because he is an assassin. Fizz being able to burst people and destroy tanks when he has 3k hp and a frozen heart...not so great...

He should be urgently and permanently removed along with all the other ninjas who can go invulnerable at will

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Brand seems to have a pretty high ban rate right now.

e:

I mean, it's not warwick levels, but...

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 28, 2018

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

The Dregs posted:

Don't pick support Trundle.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Firebert posted:

Toplane was hell when Fizz could build Triforce into full tank and murder the poo poo out of toplane, then later still murder ADCs in a single combo.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I still don't know why their genius plan for fixing bruiser fizz being too bursty was to make his poison shittier but make him even burstier

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

I still don't know why their genius plan for fixing bruiser fizz being too bursty was to make his poison shittier but make him even burstier

basically the way the fix works is that by making him more bursty they also took away the option of making him a bruiser. since fizz can no longer stack DOTs on other bruisers or tanks(and he never could burst them down anyway), he can not go toe to toe with them as a bruiser which disincentivises playing him as a bruiser in the first place.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The Dregs posted:

I know she got nerfed, but here in bronze land, landing a point and click stun with a side of Tibbers fucks that adc every time. I've won three of four with her. But yeah, I think I'll give Velkoz a try.

The main issue is that her base damage got creamed, and base damage is king as an AP support. A full Annie combo on someone at level 6 is going to do, at best, around 462 unmitigated damage (assuming 40 AP from Sorcery/Frostfang). Plug in those same stats to Lux (who even I'll admit is the weakest of the AP supports in terms of raw damage) and you're looking at around 738 unmitigated damage, which is a gigantic gulf. The fact that Annie doesn't power spike insanely hard off of a single AP item (Liandry's) is also a problem for her compared to traditional AP supports. If all you're looking for is a support that fucks people up with damage, Brand is the best you can get, with Zyra following not too far behind.

Sexpansion posted:

Brand seems to have a pretty high ban rate right now.

Not at all surprising. New Liandry's turns him into a god, and he's still just as annoying in lane as ever. He's one of the only lane bullies that can still pull out decent winrates against TK/Taric/Braum/Ali.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 28, 2018

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Time to rework ryze

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://plays.tv/video/5a976c3b1ab26ad7cf/xerath

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

you underestimate the power of blasting juicy j and forcing a win by going slowly all in from level 3 on a giant long con to get a double kill literally the second you hit 6 but i feel this post

E: im not kidding either i had a playlist of only juicy j songs that i listened to when playing support annie

Do you think I could get the same results listening to Dark Horse by Katy Perry ft Juicy J

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Kiranamos posted:

Do you think I could get the same results listening to Dark Horse by Katy Perry ft Juicy J

inconclusive, but definitely feel free to try it out and report back with results.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://plays.tv/video/5a606f27e3edac368a/anivia?from=user

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
If you aren’t blasting UGK and triple six mafia while playing league you’re doing it wrong

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Teikanmi posted:

If you aren’t blasting UGK and triple six mafia while playing league you’re doing it wrong

I just listen to vaporwave/chillwave poo poo and have a nice time relaxing in bot lane.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Draven theme song on repeat

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
remember when they were like Brand does too much damage so we're going to tune him down a bit by giving him an extra passive that makes him do more damage

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Brand is cool and I prefer him to endless Janna/lulu because I don’t play hypercarries

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Just did my first ever out play feel like a rockstar.

Garen top getting ganked by both jungler and mid. Go into first top brush and run to the middle one. Wait till they all follow and are out of 1st bush but not in second and flash back to first. Q back to safety.

Pretty low grade (I should have seen it coming in the first place so I didn't have to use flash) But such a thrill.

That's my story thanks for reading.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Welcome to the rabbit hole of dopamine lol provides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
*As Veigar 1000AP W about to hit you as you come out of Zhonyas*

Juicy J: Smoke smoke smoke dat weed, drank drank drank the licka pop dem pills snort dat E

This is my endgame fantasy