Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

im cute posted:

Sith Marauder won't probably be back until the next big update, but was it worth a drat?

Sith marauder was a marquee character, which means it will follow this pattern:
1. Launch event (gets enough shards for 3*) special packs available to whale toon to 7* - never returns
2. Shows up in chromium packs a few months after launch
3. Shows up in shipments a few months after that
4. Finds a farmable home a few months after that

E: to answer your question, it's difficult to say with marquee toons because so few people 7* them right away. Judging by his kit plus incoming sith badasses, my guess is marauder will have a place in tb/tw but not arena. The arena comp will be EP, Vader, Nihilus, Sion, Kreya (if kreya somehow sucks sub sith trooper)

(She wont suck)

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Feb 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

fishtobaskets posted:

Sith marauder was a marquee character, which means it will follow this pattern:
1. Launch event (gets enough shards for 3*) special packs available to whale toon to 7* - never returns
2. Shows up in chromium packs a few months after launch
3. Shows up in shipments a few months after that
4. Finds a farmable home a few months after that

E: to answer your question, it's difficult to say with marquee toons because so few people 7* them right away. Judging by his kit plus incoming sith badasses, my guess is marauder will have a place in tb/tw but not arena. The arena comp will be EP, Vader, Nihilus, Sion, Kreya (if kreya somehow sucks sub sith trooper)

(She wont suck)

A friend of mine 7 starred him (I make fun of him for being a whale all the time, and his response is, "I make good money, my kids are grown and out of the house, so I will spend my money how I god drat want!"), and said, "I'm hoping he has synergy with Sion or one of the others - but on a palp lead team, he hits pretty hard and often."

If anyone has any specific questions, I can ask him and repost here.

I told him that I'm sure his guild thanks him, and he said, "Considering he's needed for platoons in TB now, yeah."

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

The fact that Marauder can ignore armor on raid bosses has to come into play at some point. I'm just not sure if that was just the devs playing madlibs with his characteristics or if they had a specific idea for him.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

tadashi posted:

The fact that Marauder can ignore armor on raid bosses has to come into play at some point. I'm just not sure if that was just the devs playing madlibs with his characteristics or if they had a specific idea for him.

It's reasonable to assume there will be some very high armor raid bosses coming up

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Well I just updated the client on my android phone and now it crashes on startup. :thumbsup:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Burning_Monk posted:

Well I just updated the client on my android phone and now it crashes on startup. :thumbsup:

I've heard something about disconnecting from wifi, let it try to download, then switch back to wifi or something? The files that download once you open your game are having some issues I guess

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Malgrin posted:

I've heard something about disconnecting from wifi, let it try to download, then switch back to wifi or something? The files that download once you open your game are having some issues I guess

And.. that worked! Disabled wifi. Very strange, thanks!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

he's going to be an absolute shitwrecker with Zader.

He gets 2% offense and crit chance for EACH DEBUFF on all characters.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Holy crap I can play my iPad account on my Android phone now, which means I can probably bluestacks it

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
So this new Empire/Sith meta appears to have taken us all the way back to 'whoever has the best speed mods wins', which is a disappointing backwards step. I can keep up with the resident whales on my shard in terms of character gear, but not mods.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Vulpes posted:

So this new Empire/Sith meta appears to have taken us all the way back to 'whoever has the best speed mods wins', which is a disappointing backwards step. I can keep up with the resident whales on my shard in terms of character gear, but not mods.

Yeah. I'm actually having this issue some too, which is saying something cause I've got pretty drat good mods. The best solution to climbing I've found is:
Rex (L), Talzin, Palp, GK, +1 (Han, CLS, DN, etc)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Vulpes posted:

Since the introduction of mods. when was this ever not the meta?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Since the introduction of mods. when was this ever not the meta?

During the CLS, JTR, and NS eras, if you were beat by 10 speed, you were fine. We're moving into a meta where if your Vader is faster than my Vader by 5, and you also have a Thrawn that will go immediately after Vader culls 2-3+ dots, then I might be completely doa

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
My shard whale is faster than all my guys in the mirror match and i beat him cuz he cullung blades and i dont.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

My shard whale is faster than all my guys in the mirror match and i beat him cuz he cullung blades and i dont.

I had a mirror match where my EP got to go twice. Here's what happened:
Their DV goes first, force crush, followed by culling blade (likely on my GK). This dispels 3 buffs, which gives their Thrawn an immediate turn. He now has a debuff because of DN, so he gives his EP TM up, who then aoe stuns my team. His Thrawn fractures GK. DN adds cooldowns to all the people. By the time my EP has gotten his first turn, he still has CD up, DN has annihilated ST, and Thrawn is on his second fracture against GK. I shock their ST. Their EP goes, stunning everyone but my EP (miraculously). My EP gets to use his stun, stunning SiT. They kill everyone else on my team.
Was there bad RNG? Sure. The stun hosed me over, but even at 3/5 stuns from EP, followed by CD up from DN, you're just hosed.

P.S. I think I might have gotten 1 or 2 basics in aside from EP's 2 turns, but otherwise I made no actions. through all of this. I just sat there and watched my team get demolished.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Yeah, I don't want to be overly dramatic, but if this is going to be the new meta I think I might be done. I can't deal with another who knows how many months of speed mod supremacy.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Vulpes posted:

Yeah, I don't want to be overly dramatic, but if this is going to be the new meta I think I might be done. I can't deal with another who knows how many months of speed mod supremacy.

The flip side of this is that sufficiently narrow speed advantages don’t actually cut it. At which point every mirror match is literally just an RNG shitshow. Because that’s better.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Alternatively, put alot of tenacity on pretaunt sith trooper and maybe resist all of vaders debuffs.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

The flip side of this is that sufficiently narrow speed advantages don’t actually cut it. At which point every mirror match is literally just an RNG shitshow. Because that’s better.

Not entirely...in the Thrawn -> CLS -> NS -> JTR metas, it was about playing the comp right...unless you were NS, and then you just hit auto.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
If we're going into a speed balls meta im gonna be sad too. The CLS/JTR/NS/EP/whatever meta was fine because pretty much any team won on offense even with worse mods. I have good speed mods but there are some whales on the shard that could gate keep.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Malgrin posted:

Not entirely...in the Thrawn -> CLS -> NS -> JTR metas, it was about playing the comp right...unless you were NS, and then you just hit auto.

Right. I’m talking about the new Palp meta. If your speed advantage isn’t sufficiently overwhelming, you might as well not have one, because both Vader’s will get turns, and then both teams will have 100% turn meter, and then it is 100% random who’s Palpatine or DN gets to go first and completely decide who wins.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CaptainPsyko posted:

Right. I’m talking about the new Palp meta. If your speed advantage isn’t sufficiently overwhelming, you might as well not have one, because both Vader’s will get turns, and then both teams will have 100% turn meter, and then it is 100% random who’s Palpatine or DN gets to go first and completely decide who wins.

this

it's not as cut and dry as you guys think

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

this

That said, I think it’s actually worse for that.

I’d take “faster Vader wins” over the shitshow randomfest that it is instead.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
like... fast rex squads still mop the floor with EP on offense and they can gently caress you up defense too.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

All these debuffs just mean GMYoda is going to work his way back into the meta at some point. Just you wait.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

tadashi posted:

All these debuffs just mean GMYoda is going to work his way back into the meta at some point. Just you wait.

That was one of the early things we discussed with zEP, is that GMYoda has what seems like a great counter with his non-cleanse tenacity up, but it was quickly pointed out that running jedi against zEP teams comes with a host of its own problems.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

Chilichimp posted:

this

As long as they have a sufficiently faster Vader (+5-+10 -- in my case it was +10), and a Thrawn who can go at 85% of Vader's speed (253 Vader -- 264 Thrawn), there's a chance you won't get to do anything. It'll be rng-ish, but if it goes Thrawn -> EP -> stun lands on your vader, you're just stuck sitting there, not generating TM. I tried three times and got wrecked all three times. I tried with my standard comp with GK, replacing GK with Thrawn, and then the standard comp again. Yeah, with Thrawn's TM swap (because he cleanses DN's debuff), there's a chance your Vader will go next instead, but it becomes 50/50 at that point. If you lose that roll, you're just hosed. Then, you need to roll again to see if Vader goes again or EP gets his turn, and if EP lands a stun right then, you're still way behind, especially if DN can then follow up with CD up.

Yeah, it's not 100% cut and dry, but three losses in a row where I was just smashed and he only had a small speed advantage...I don't know what else to say about it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I still can't get over JTR's 0 dmg special "critting" and feeding TM to the enemy via Rex's leader ability.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

babby's first solo

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hockles posted:

babby's first solo

:thurman:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Gotta love sim'ing the whole of GW. Nice QoL thing for us working stiffs. Noting how many of x stun cuff I have is also handy.

I 7*'d Starck today, so I won GOH. :v:

Hockles posted:

babby's first solo

:feelsgood:

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 28, 2018

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Simming GW is the greatest thing ever.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

WerrWaaa posted:

It is simply the best and I love it.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I mean, it sounds good. I guess I can chime in with a more informed response in another two months since I have 70+ clears to go before I am deemed worthy of the privilege.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

I mean, it sounds good. I guess I can chime in with a more informed response in another two months since I have 70+ clears to go before I am deemed worthy of the privilege.

:capitalism:

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010

WerrWaaa posted:

wait, what

e: :aaaaa:

Dikkfor fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Mar 1, 2018

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Dikkfor posted:

wait, what

e: :aaaaa:

Sitting in the bar, saw this post, decided to crack it open and sim my GW.

:feelsgood:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I have become a math problem.

3 weeks without a single zeta from challenges (good thing you can buy zetas from fleet store)

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Ineptitude posted:

3 weeks without a single zeta from challenges (good thing you can buy zetas from fleet store)

I honestly stopped keeping track after I hit a similar dry spell. Just said gently caress it and let the zetas come as they may. I've still not zeta'd barriss or DN because I just dont get enough to feel comfortable and those are like 2 premo nice to haves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Ineptitude posted:

I just finally got 2/4 today. I don't remember the last time I got that many through challenges.