Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

namaste friends posted:

you konw what's not funny? air farce

If its on the CBC its likely not funny

Other than Because News and, occasionally, the Debaters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
I love Workin Moms

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

namaste friends posted:

you konw what's not funny? air farce

You'd think with a whole year to prepare, their NYE special wouldn't be so actively anti-funny and yet every year they prove me an idiot for thinking they could do better.

Presence
Jul 29, 2006
all CanCon sucks except stuff made in Quebec

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Now that I have spend a lot of time in Canmore I have absolutely no idea how the "Mike" character got placed there and literally not any other town in Alberta.

Like, "Mike, from Camrose" would have made sense.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

namaste friends posted:

I love Workin Moms

season 1 was good, season 2 is steaming garbage

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Presence posted:

all CanCon sucks except stuff made in Quebec

Case in point: Hometown Hockey

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

it would be funny because they would just be maligned and subjugated like every other low population, low GDP state

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

flakeloaf posted:

You'd think with a whole year to prepare, their NYE special wouldn't be so actively anti-funny and yet every year they prove me an idiot for thinking they could do better.

I missed it this year :(

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

namaste friends posted:

I love Workin Moms

You know what blew my mind the other day

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

DariusLikewise posted:

season 1 was good, season 2 is steaming garbage

:(

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The only good Canadian show is Nirvanna the Band the Show, and rogers completely hosed it all up

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

flakeloaf has issued a correction as of 04:42 on Jun 2, 2021

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
this post is awful jfc

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

namaste friends posted:

this post is awful jfc

oh please I see worst posts than that every five minutes

https://twitter.com/juicexAntos/status/968704294018060294

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
holy poo poo

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/DaveLane9/status/968651854421770241

makes u think

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Reince Penis posted:

oh please I see worst posts than that every five minutes

https://twitter.com/juicexAntos/status/968704294018060294

Where does this fall on the park loving spectum

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
http://www.vancourier.com/opinion/guess-how-many-marijuana-investigations-the-vpd-conducted-last-year-1.23187726

guess what stoners, the VPD doesn't give a poo poo about weed

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Stickarts posted:

Where does this fall on the park loving spectum

well it's not in a park, and there's no loving, so pretty far to the side i'd imagine

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

this is peak Canadian conservatism

https://twitter.com/PierrePoilievre/status/968456242086555648

"The budget projection in the Liberals platform doesn't match what the actual budget says 3 years later! CROOKS"

the CPC is a completely ineffectual opposition party

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

gross

lmao

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

DariusLikewise posted:

this is peak Canadian conservatism

https://twitter.com/PierrePoilievre/status/968456242086555648

"The budget projection in the Liberals platform doesn't match what the actual budget says 3 years later! CROOKS"

the CPC is a completely ineffectual opposition party

if the message is just as intelligent as the voters, it's a good message

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I wanna see the results from this polling station in the 2019 election.

Can we get a 78-0 conservative sweep?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

*borat voice*
https://twitter.com/jjhorgan/status/969015475949600769?s=21

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

James Baud posted:

I wanna see the results from this polling station in the 2019 election.

Can we get a 78-0 conservative sweep?

if it means defunding this facility so that the seniors can integrate into the community hey wait I'm feeling this wave of deja vu

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/cbcqueenspark/status/968968091571900416

Ontario is even worse than the Atlantic provinces whatever they are

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

:perfect:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I am not a number!

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/0301-placenta-eaters-and-vaginal-seeders

quote:

In this 2013 photo, a placenta is prepared for a new mother. Human placentophagia, saving your placenta after birth and eating it, is a controversial practice promoted by mothers swearing by its health benefits — despite a scarcity of research. Francisco Kjolseth / AP
The practice of consuming your own placenta got another boost this week when Khloe Kardashian announced that she plans to consume her placenta after giving birth next month.

Whether blended into smoothies or freeze-dried and packed into gel caps to be taken like a vitamin, proponents believe eating your placenta helps with postpartum depression, replenishes vitamins and restores hormones.

But Dr. Chelsea Elwood, reproductive infectious diseases fellow at B.C. Women’s Hospital, says there has never been a study that supports these claims. “This has become popular since the 1970s, and it’s controversial because there is no scientific evidence to support the claims that are made around its benefit.”

Elwood will be speaking on the practice of placentophagy at the Perinatal Services Conference in Vancouver. The conference runs Thursday and Friday and covers issues in perinatal care, including mothers at risk, childbirth fear, working with mothers who struggle with addiction and, yes, eating your placenta.

Elwood will also address “vaginal seeding.” Vaginal seeding is the practice of rubbing vaginal fluids on your newborn’s face and in their mouth after caesarean birth.

The practice, said Elwood, is based on the belief that infants born by caesarean section are not be exposed to the normal vaginal flora, and are potentially more vulnerable to long-term diseases such as asthma.

But vaginal seeding could potentially expose an infant to harmful bacteria.

“At this point we have no idea if when you are doing that you are transferring the right bacteria,” said Elwood.

No causal link has been established between vaginal flora and long-term health outcomes, but B.C. Women’s Hospital is conducting a large clinical study called the Maternal Micro-Biome Legacy Project, which will look at whether mode of delivery, caesarean or vaginal, does in fact influence an infant’s gut microbiome later in life.

When it comes to eating the placenta, the Centre for Disease Control recently reported that in 2016, a newborn infant in Oregon became seriously ill after her mother consumed her own encapsulated freeze-dried placenta.

The child had been infected with Group B Streptococcus, and the same bacteria was found in the placenta capsules. The report found that the encapsulation process does not eradicate infectious pathogens.

There are a half-dozen local companies advertising placenta encapsulation online in Vancouver.

“Placenta encapsulation and consumption is unregulated and we have no understanding of what could be happening from a safety perspective when it’s handled,” said Elwood. “It’s a risk of harm with no evidence of benefit.”

When it comes to advising her own patients, Elwood sticks to the science: “I talk to them about the absence of evidence of benefit, and the evidence of potential harm and it’s their choice at the end of the day.”

On its website, B.C. Women’s Hospital guidelines remind parents who want to take their placenta home that it must be stored in a cool place, but not in a refrigerator that contains food, and it cannot be thrown in domestic garbage. The hospital also “strongly” urges parents to “not eat your placenta in any form.”

loving white people

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Oh god not another vapid mulroney spawn

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Reality Loser posted:

Oops

E: abolish the senate

why does canada even need a government

yall just do what uncle sam says anyways

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Bilirubin posted:

I am not a number!

what if the number is 69 :q:

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

why does canada even need a government

yall just do what uncle sam says anyways

well we burned down the White House so you better respect our country

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

well there aren't any rhinos left so

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

what if the number is 69 :q:

:thunk:

:420:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

goodbye canadian steel industry

https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/969230227145674753

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

It's can't be from making vehicles nobody wants to buy, it must be someone else's fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So, my problem with everybody making out like that Stanley / Boushie case was all about race is that everybody in that jury would have been just as happy to find Stanley not guilty if the guy who got shot wasn't native, too. (I'm making certain assumptions about the name "Ryan Watson", but seriously...)

Exhibit A:

http://nationalpost.com/news/local-news/rural-landowners-rally-around-okotoks-man-charged-in-shooting/wcm/e70d8da6-04c6-4eb5-bdd6-83e068ce7beb posted:

Ranchers stand behind Okotoks man charged in shooting: 'Are we supposed to sit back and let these thieves come in?'

[...]

Police said Edouard Maurice, who faces charges of aggravated assault, pointing a firearm and careless use of a firearm, had a confrontation with two alleged trespassers early Saturday morning.

Shots were fired and Ryan Watson, now facing trespassing and possession charges, was transported to hospital with a gunshot to his arm.

The incident has some locals fired up, saying rural break-ins are becoming far more common.