Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I honestly expected Ross to die in that sim scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

lol Please stop responding to the guy who defended an alt-right review of Black Panther.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Endless Mike posted:

lol Please stop responding to the guy who defended an alt-right review of Black Panther.

Wait what

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Rumors are of Kristen Wiig as the villain (I guess Cheeta?) for Wonder Woman 2.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Interesting.

I haven't seen any of her dramatic stuff, and she annoys the hell out of me on SNL, but I've heard she's a pretty good actress.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm not a fan of her comedy and have not seen her in anything that could be called a serious role so ehhhhhhhh.

Can we at least get Melissa McCarthy as a bad guy somewhere?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Rhyno posted:

I'm not a fan of her comedy and have not seen her in anything that could be called a serious role so ehhhhhhhh.

Can we at least get Melissa McCarthy as a bad guy somewhere?

White Queen

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

twistedmentat posted:

Oh snaap. Deadline is reporting it (still mentioned to be "in talks," but nonetheless), so that's actually a fair step above "rumors."

I'm pretty jazzed about this 'cuz Wiig definitely hearkens more to the recent Rucka Rebirth version of the Cheetah, which shows they're looking to that run for cues. Which Is Good.

(Well, technically they could also be going for a Priscilla Rich version of the Cheetah? But that's a bit less likely)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

She could be Giganta, too, I guess. Or Veronica Cale.

That's the extent of my Wonder Woman enemy knowledge.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

She could be Giganta, too, I guess. Or Veronica Cale.

That's the extent of my Wonder Woman enemy knowledge.

Maybe she's Doctor Psycho.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The rumors just a couple of days ago were Barbara Minerva Cheetah.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well, I for one will keep on holding out hope for live-action Egg Fu.

Deadline specifically cites the name Cheetah for the part, though they don't say which Cheetah.

She would be good for Cale as well, though in that case I think it's more likely that they'd merge Barbara and Veronica's characters into one person instead of using Veronica on her own. I like Veronica Cale, but she's had a hard time standing out as an iconic villain on her own terms in spite of Rucka's best efforts.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's for Chester Cheetah

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

In Priest's run doesn't Ross end up disillusioned with the CIA before leaving / being pushed out?

I think so and becomes one of t'challa's most trusted friends if I remember right.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Roth posted:

It's for Chester Cheetah

Diana's one weakness is she hates cheeto dust.

I had no idea alt right shitbags were trying to say Black Panther is an alt right movie because Wakanda is a "Ethnostate with a wall to keep out immigrants", which is kind of hilarious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NOPLuZ9eGs

The video breaks down how all the arguments are dumb and these guys are full of poo poo. I particularly like the Info Wars Map Guy didn't bother seeing the movie, just went by what Ian Miles Cheong said.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah I've seen it around a bunch which is odd seeing as how the entire point of the movie is that that doesn't work.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Retro Futurist posted:

Yeah I've seen it around a bunch which is odd seeing as how the entire point of the movie is that that doesn't work.

Alt-right and conservative guys completely missing the point of genre stuff they claim to love is incredibly common. See; libertarians and Star Trek.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I honestly expected Ross to die in that sim scene.

I would've been ok with it. The way he steeled himself and said "Put me back in" really endeared me to him after he was basically nothing in Civil War and not-Coulson in the earlier parts of the movie. That and after Shuri called him colonizer and he just sheepishly said "Wh-uh my name is Everett."

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Retro Futurist posted:

I have seen people who have keyed in on the high technological level of Wakanda, but they are the kind of people who unironically agree with that "graph of scientific progress with a big dip for RELIGION EXISTING."

What they don't get is that the vibranium is privilege.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Diana's one weakness is she hates cheeto dust.

I had no idea alt right shitbags were trying to say Black Panther is an alt right movie because Wakanda is a "Ethnostate with a wall to keep out immigrants", which is kind of hilarious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NOPLuZ9eGs

The video breaks down how all the arguments are dumb and these guys are full of poo poo. I particularly like the Info Wars Map Guy didn't bother seeing the movie, just went by what Ian Miles Cheong said.

You don't need a video to tell you why that idea is absolutely moronic. Like, the movie spends the first 20 minutes setting up the alt-right wet dream, and the remainder of the movie dunking on it, and even ends with the main character saying "Walls are dumb". It's like watching Wall Street and conclude that Gordon Gecko is cool and good.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Doctor Spaceman posted:

In Priest's run doesn't Ross end up disillusioned with the CIA before leaving / being pushed out?

In the comics, I didn't think Ross was in the CIA. I thought he was in the diplomatic core.
Or if he was CIA he was like brand new.

He always struck me (in the comics at least) less like a canny, wizened operator and more like Arthur Dent. Someone who was just there.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I think this Momoa Atlantis thing might work out.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

twistedmentat posted:

Of course he hasn't seen it, he doesn't leave his basement.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Huh I thought the next wonder woman was gonna take place during ww2, if cheetah is gonna be in it I wonder if that's changed

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Infinity war got moved up

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/969305448183513088?s=19

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Well then.

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/969305448183513088?s=20

This is just to avoid eating into Solo’s opening, isn’t it? Gives an extra week for IW ticket sales to cool off.

e:fb

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

They've been building up this movie for almost a decade, I feel like it's already too late.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
I am unreasonably excited for Infinity War. I know it'll probably be a complete mess on a narrative level, but as long as it delivers on the interactions between characters who haven't previously interacted on-screen, it'll be hard for me to be too disappointed.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Barry Convex posted:

I am unreasonably excited for Infinity War. I know it'll probably be a complete mess on a narrative level, but as long as it delivers on the interactions between characters who haven't previously interacted on-screen, it'll be hard for me to be too disappointed.

Too bad Yondu died before he got to meet Hawkeye.

Edit - Hopefully, the Guardians just think of Hawkeye as a worse Yondu.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Far from being messy, it’ll probably be an exceedingly flimsy narrative. Like The Avengers, the actual story will probably be a simple pretext to get your favourite heroes together to do fun stuff. And, like The Avengers, it’ll be great because of that.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Big Mean Jerk posted:

This is just to avoid eating into Solo’s opening, isn’t it? Gives an extra week for IW ticket sales to cool off.

The popular rumour alleges that Disney expects Solo to bomb.

Edit: Something fun from the BBC about Black Panther.

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 1, 2018

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Solo may not 'bomb' outright like some films, but I expect it to be the lowest grossing SW film by a large margin.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Wheat Loaf posted:

The popular rumour alleges that Disney expects Solo to bomb.

Edit: Something fun from the BBC about Black Panther.

Nah firing your director(s) when the movie's 90% done is always a good faith sign

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

FlamingLiberal posted:

Solo may not 'bomb' outright like some films, but I expect it to be the lowest grossing SW film by a large margin.

Were any of the Ewok films in theaters?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Beachcomber posted:

Were any of the Ewok films in theaters?

TV movies I think.

The second Clone Wars show did have movie premiere in theatres though.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Marvel has staked out dates for what might be the entirety of Phase 4. (they had already staked out the 2020 dates, though one of them was moved up a week)

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

McCloud posted:

You don't need a video to tell you why that idea is absolutely moronic. Like, the movie spends the first 20 minutes setting up the alt-right wet dream, and the remainder of the movie dunking on it, and even ends with the main character saying "Walls are dumb". It's like watching Wall Street and conclude that Gordon Gecko is cool and good.

I'm not sure if :thejoke: but so many people actually did that. I think the sequel even opens with Gecko giving a speech to an auditorium full of people like "I guess the twenty years since I gave my 'greed is good' speech proved me right because the whole world agrees with me, I am a visionary"

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Cool, I can't wait to see Avengers even earlier!
(Looks at tweet.)
Oh they just moved up the US release date to match the UK/Irish release date.
Carry on.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Watched Black Panther a couple days back and it lived up to the hype! It's really cool that T'Challa as a hero is defined by his compassion, and it's a nice continuation of his characterization from Civil War. I also liked Okoye a lot because it shows you can make a hardass general character and still have them show some personality. Also echoing the hope that Shuri and Peter meet in Infinity War and become science dorks together! :3:

Klaue's scenes were entertaining, and you can tell Andy Serkis had a lot of fun playing as him. And Michael B. Jordan as Killmonger looked so fine, especially with those glasses. :swoon:

Also the fan idea that Killmonger is a massive weeb is just perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They needed to have Killmonger do the Naruto run.

• Locked thread