Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete.

I really need to make a new lightbox, this one is looking a bit tired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Oath Complete

Also claiming Need for Speed on Harker as per: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818112&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=24#post480917763

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

No journal this month.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

The Moon Monster posted:

I, The Moon Monster, oath 1 demigod of Athena by Crocodile Games for the month of February

Approved!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath these four Jaguars by Corvus Belli (28mm) for February.

Oath complete
Claiming jurnal for the knife dude's heart tattoo.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath Complete: (The Jurnal is the blood on the Kaptin's sword)

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath complete!

Just a single Bones guy, and photographing him revealed a bunch I would like to redo. Oh well!

Claiming the jurnal because even this grumpy looking fellow has someone special in his heart

(it's beer)

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

For the challenge, there's blood on Typhus' scythe and on the revolting proboscis of the Bloat Drone.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete|

Still tweaking my Tohaa scheme for the S75 paints, think I'm nearly there.

Not shown; time spent carving off the original arrow (moulded flat to the arm as a kind of weird raised ridge, and replacing the shaft with a paperclip.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The Moon Monster posted:

I, The Moon Monster, oath 1 demigod of Athena by Crocodile Games for the month of February

Oath Complete

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Complete

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Chiwie posted:

I, Chiwie, oath these 10 Intercessor marines for February 2018. Models are 28mm Games Workshop.

Oath Complete

Claiming the marine with the cut up face and helm as jurnal entry.

Claiming the The Daily Double with April - Free(hand) as a bird with the tactical, company and chapter markings and December - Back to Base-ics for the spak filler/highlighted and washed bases.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete.

Claiming jurnal on the blood on the zombies. Left arm wound of the left one, and from the various pointy objects stuck in the other two.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

Claiming the Journal for the TAG markings.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Complete!

No jurnul this time...

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Oath Complete!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:skeltal: Oath Complete! :skeltal:
Five 80's-action-figure-looking skelebros!

The monthly Challenge is the blood on their weapons. Their hearts may have stopped, but they still bleed for you.

I'm also claiming Take One for the Team, as they're meant to be a unified team of dead bads; and A Recipe for Success for the listing below!

These are the various paints, etc. that I've used on these models (a.k.a. A Recipe for Success, a.k.a. Every Paint Within 30 Feet):

Base
Golden Crackle Medium
Vallejo Black Lava
Vallejo Sandy Paste

Primer
Reaper Stynylrez Polyurethane Primers
(black, grey, and white)

Technical/Mediums
Citadel Lahmian Medium
Vallejo Glaze Medium

Paints
Army Painter Matt Black
Citadel Bloodletter Glaze
Citadel Celestra Grey
Citadel Naggaroth Night
Citadel Necron Compound Dry
Citadel Rakarth Flesh
Citadel Waywatcher Green Glaze
Privateer Press Cryx Bane Highlight
Privateer Press Cygnus Yellow
Privateer Press Gun Corps Brown
Privateer Press Rucksack Tan
Privateer Press Traitor Green
Vallejo Game Air Alien Purple
Vallejo Game Air Charred Brown
Vallejo Game Air Brassy Brass
Vallejo Game Air Glorious Gold
Vallejo Game Color Wolf Grey
Vallejo Metal Air Gun
Vallejo Metal Color Burnt Iron
Vallejo Metal Color Magnesium
Vallejo Model Color Black Grey
Vallejo Model Color Black Red
Vallejo Model Color Pale Sand
Vallejo Model Color Silver Grey

Washes
Army Painter Purple Tone
Citadel Agrax Earthshade
Citadel Athonian Camoshade
Citadel Nuln Oil
Citadel Nuln Oil Gloss

Effects
Citadel Blood for the Blood God
Citadel Nihilakh Oxide
Citadel Ryza Rust
Woodland Scenics Soft Flake Snow
Homebrew Snow Paste:
+ Elmer's White Glue
+ Woodland Scenics Soft Flake Snow
+ Privateer Press Frostbite
+ Citadel Skull White

Bonus Musical Accompaniment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO8oowJ67a4

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
February Oath Complete!

For 3 gory goblins... Like to claim the bloody Challenge for blood on weapons...

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, being of sound mind, do oath for February 2018 1 Madison Yoshida and 4 Republic Pulse-Mechs, all 28mm scale miniatures produced by Anvil Industries.

Oath Complete! Unfortunately the bases I ordered to mount them on failed to materialise in time, hence the poor shot.

Claiming My Heart Bleeds For You for this heart stencilled on the power cell of the heavy gunner. I had to get creative to get the minis to stand up when I needed them to.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/lvQJpy0.jpg[/timg]
I'd also like to claim The Daily Double for Madison, both for A Flying Start for her jetpack and The Chop Shop for the headswap, since I used some Puppetswar Impact Team heads instead of the ones that came with the miniatures. It technically applies to all of them, but I could only get a side-by-side comparison with Madison, since I painted one up back in May (and also had an official insert). I liked to think my painting's improved since then.

Lastly, Stay awhile and listen to my terrible prose a story about these brave troopers.

quote:

Major Manahi sighed as the liason officer weaved his way through the mass of troops. Bad enough Central Command had assigned him someone to look over his shoulder, but they’d saddled him with a drat ensign. He was almost looking forward to his next combat deployment – at least then he could leave him behind on the ship. He was grateful that his polarised visor concealed his grimace.

‘What seems to the problem, ensign?’

The man looked as though he had been slapped across the face. ‘Insubordination! Several of your men have been thoroughly disrespectful and uncooperative-’

Manahi resisted the urge to point out that hardened Espatier Commandos were unlikely to ever respect a wet-behind-the-ears academy graduate.

‘Several of the Ghatak troopers. Lieutenant Nagase’s unit, I believe.’

Well, that was unsurprising. ‘I see. And what led to this…insubordination?’

‘I was inspecting their turnout when I noticed a significant violation of the regulations regarding unauthorised insignia when they became belligerent-’

Manahi cut them off. ‘You’re talking about the heart stencilled on Corporal Ramirez’s power pack, correct?’
The ensign paused. ‘You’re…aware of it?’

‘Yes. All of the Ghatak heavy gunners mark their power packs. They tend to customize the outputs – with my permission, and in line with regulations – and they like to avoid confusion. Didn’t Nagase tell you all this?’

The man’s face reddened slightly. ‘She…was not present. And I have been unable to reach her.’

‘Meaning you decided to pull rank on her troopers when she wasn’t around to stop you.’ The ensign opened his mouth. ‘Don’t deny it, I’ve been hearing complaints from my men that you’ve been doing it ever since you came on board.’

‘It isn’t my fault she wasn’t there – I even tried to find her!’

‘Well I doubt she was picking up your calls, since she’s off duty right now. I imagine she’s in a spare training chamber right now.’ The major plucked the ensign’s table from his hands and tapped it a few times to bring up a live feed. ‘There she is.’

The ensign snached it back and looked at the screen, bewildered. ‘She’s…’

‘Remarkable how easy she makes it look, isn’t it? I never thought anyone could move like that in Kavacha-class assault armour, but she makes it look effortless.’

‘She’s dancing? Why?’

'Why? Because she enjoys it, I suppose. She trained to be a dancer, ever since she a was girl. Before – well, before she enlistened. She says it gives her focus. You should see her when she turns off the gravity and uses her jump pack, her thrust vectoring is exceptional. Anyway, I suppose I should contact her to inform her of your complaint. Of course, I imagine you’ll want to register a complaint about her sword, too?’

‘Sword?’

‘Yes, her sword. I mean it isn’t standard issue, after all. Here, I’ll show you.’ Manahi took the tablet back and brought up a recording. The ensign blanched. ‘She doesn’t just use the training chambers to dance, you know.’

The liason officer swallowed. ‘I…see.’

‘Of course, she goes through a lot of training drones, but that’s the cost of maintaining our high standards. Well, I’ll just contact her and get her to come down-’

‘I…erm…may have been a bit hasty in my earlier judgements.’ The ensign glanced at the deck. ‘Upon reflection…’

‘You consulted with me and reached the conclusion that, considering the Ghatak sections are our shock troops that a little harmless eccentricity is not worth filing a report over?’

‘Yes. Yes, exactly that.’

‘Understood. You're dismissed, ensign.’

‘Yes, sir.’

Manahi watched the man wander off, shellshocked. He’d let Nagase know about this.

Later, though. She’d more than earned the right to dance a little while longer.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Oath Complete!

Phone posting this is not super convenient haha.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:dare: Oath Complete! :dare:

Khaguran (counts-as-Grokagamok), the leader of my Ogre army with his axe of "how the gently caress did he do all that damage with one swing :stare:"

Boomer Sergeant, who on his promotion traded in the usual Boomer gun for a triple barreled punt gun :buddy:

A Mammoth armed with a ballista, otherwise known as the Red Goblin version of ride sharing

Claiming daily double for obviously completing September's the chop shop, and the two additional skulls completing October's bring out your dead

Wish I could have done the challenge, but couldn't find a way to make it work.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK folks, February is over!. Onwards to March.

quote:

March - I’m gonna wreck it!
Add some battle damage to your figure. Maybe they’re riddled with bullets or have lost a limb, or some armour plates have been crumpled or ripped off. In any case, it should be obvious that they’ve taken a beating!

I shall try catch up with the completions and get the next gallery up for judging etc. by the weekend!

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
I, KingMob, oath for March

3 Deathshroud Bodyguard, GW, 28mm

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
The Regulars are coming! The Regulars are coming!

I, Grey Hunter, oath 38 28mm AWI British. Two of which are a little worse for wear. All by Perry Minitures

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Oathing 1 Sydonian Dragoon for March

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I, grassy gnoll, oath five Domaru and three Karakuri conversions for Infinity (28mm, Corvus Belli) for the month of March.

Now that I've seen this on a real screen, this shot is awfully blurry. I haven't started working on these yet, so if I need to do a retake, please let me know.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint the following for March: (11) Martian Team Members for DreadBall! The team consists of (2) Guards, (4) Jacks, (2) Strikers, (1) Coaching Assistant, and (2) Injured Players. 28mm board-game-type plastic (unprimed) from Mantic Games. (Those little blobs of clear plastic by their feet are their dome helmets.)
Also: (1) Dwarf Bard! This mini comes from Hero Forge, made of their 3D printed "premium plastic" SLA resin, 28mm. (He's zenithal primed.)

DreadBall™, the Martian Red Planets™, Sports™ in general, and all related imagery and merchandise © 2539 The Galactic Co-Prosperity Sphere LLC Inc. All rights contained in perpetuity. Void in event of {REDACTED}

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, oath to paint up these 10 Khador Winter Guard Rifle Corps dudes in March and maybe some more stuff depending on how it goes.

30mm, Privateer Press

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for March all six starter characters from Gloomhaven (Brute, Spellweaver, Scoundrel, Tinker, Mindthief and Cragheart) All 25mm-ish

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath this 28mm Reaper Ranger for March

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oathing a Repressor by Games Workshop/Forge World for March

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

KingMob posted:

I, KingMob, oath for March

3 Deathshroud Bodyguard, GW, 28mm

Grey Hunter posted:

The Regulars are coming! The Regulars are coming!

I, Grey Hunter, oath 38 28mm AWI British. Two of which are a little worse for wear. All by Perry Minitures

Corrode posted:

Oathing 1 Sydonian Dragoon for March

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath five Domaru and three Karakuri conversions for Infinity (28mm, Corvus Belli) for the month of March.

Now that I've seen this on a real screen, this shot is awfully blurry. I haven't started working on these yet, so if I need to do a retake, please let me know.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint the following for March: (11) Martian Team Members for DreadBall! The team consists of (2) Guards, (4) Jacks, (2) Strikers, (1) Coaching Assistant, and (2) Injured Players. 28mm board-game-type plastic (unprimed) from Mantic Games. (Those little blobs of clear plastic by their feet are their dome helmets.)
Also: (1) Dwarf Bard! This mini comes from Hero Forge, made of their 3D printed "premium plastic" SLA resin, 28mm. (He's zenithal primed.)

DreadBall™, the Martian Red Planets™, Sports™ in general, and all related imagery and merchandise © 2539 The Galactic Co-Prosperity Sphere LLC Inc. All rights contained in perpetuity. Void in event of {REDACTED}

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath to paint up these 10 Khador Winter Guard Rifle Corps dudes in March and maybe some more stuff depending on how it goes.

30mm, Privateer Press

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath for March all six starter characters from Gloomhaven (Brute, Spellweaver, Scoundrel, Tinker, Mindthief and Cragheart) All 25mm-ish

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath this 28mm Reaper Ranger for March

Floppychop posted:

Oathing a Repressor by Games Workshop/Forge World for March

Approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK, Jan & Feb's galleries are now up - https://saoathgalleries.imgur.com/ - please double check your pics are there and I'll send em for judging next week.

Now's also a good time to check the spreadsheet and check I've not missed anything - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FkoqQIImwPSBPqSCI2TlvAaBPLNgRxpjBZP7V_tgXzI/edit#gid=28

In other news we're now approaching the end of Season 8, I hope everyone's enjoyed it so far! Are there any changes/suggestions people have for Season 9? Anyone up for Judging?

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I, Takuan, oath for March Gluttony by Wyrd Miniatures and 97 tokens by Art of War Studios

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I, The Moon Monster, oath 1 Rasputina by Malifaux for the month of March.

In four sub-assemblies for reasons. One of the pieces of her magic spiral was cast in a darker material, hence the multiple colors.

grissenko
Jan 18, 2006

Oh he's so pringles. Where yo curleh mustache at?!
Fun Shoe
I, grissenko, oath six converted Deathwatch Black Shields by GW for the month of March.

Six sub-assemblies. Intercessor included for related color scheme (they won't be Deathwatch).

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
I, Electric Hobo, oath 1 Shadespire Khorne guy for the month of March.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For March I, Galaspar, oath three Necromunda Gangers and two Plague Marines

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath 9 Dungeon saga figures (8 Abyssal minions and Kapoka the Druid) by Mantic, and 3 metal giant rats from Frostgrave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Takuan posted:

I, Takuan, oath for March Gluttony by Wyrd Miniatures and 97 tokens by Art of War Studios

The Moon Monster posted:

I, The Moon Monster, oath 1 Rasputina by Malifaux for the month of March.

In four sub-assemblies for reasons. One of the pieces of her magic spiral was cast in a darker material, hence the multiple colors.

grissenko posted:

I, grissenko, oath six converted Deathwatch Black Shields by GW for the month of March.

Six sub-assemblies. Intercessor included for related color scheme (they won't be Deathwatch).

Electric Hobo posted:

I, Electric Hobo, oath 1 Shadespire Khorne guy for the month of March.

Galaspar posted:

For March I, Galaspar, oath three Necromunda Gangers and two Plague Marines

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo Oath 9 Dungeon saga figures (8 Abyssal minions and Kapoka the Druid) by Mantic, and 3 metal giant rats from Frostgrave.

Approved!

• Locked thread