Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Im liking the Stellaris patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I’m worried about the control scheme in VR, and I’m only set up for sitting down play right now without moving everything off my desk to the TV and couch.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Subnautica was vomit city for me the last time I tried it in VR, but that was prior to release. Maybe they improved it.

Shockules
May 2, 2017

mods change my name posted:

Im liking the Stellaris patch

Same, I guess there are a lot of angry nerds out there who are upset with the changes, but I feel like overall the changes are really good.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Shockules posted:

Same, I guess there are a lot of angry nerds out there who are upset with the changes, but I feel like overall the changes are really good.

It really provides a lot of the same functionality without all the micromanaging to do it, like with defense platforms and all that. I can see people not liking the movement changes, but I can appreciate the predictability it provides now with the stations everywhere model they switched to.

edit: note I haven't really played this game a poo poo ton so I'm sure there is a bunch of other poo poo I'm not seeing

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I've played a couple of games 50 years or so but always seem to get outpaced and outgunned by the AI as soon as I meet them. A lot of times they butt right up against where I need to expand and I wind up underpowered in my inevitable war against them. If I try to go the opposite direction the space monsters loving wreck anything I can send that way so I wind up with three or four systems I can mine resources from and I lag behind everyone else.

Shockules
May 2, 2017
I usually try to get a second and third planet going as fast as I can to get my economy rolling. I go for 20+ tile size and designate 1 to energy and the other to minerals and just ignore the tile bonuses. And then my strategy so far since 2.0 has been to dump all of my influence into aggressively expanding my empire in the early game. I'll get a 2-3 science ships and construction ships just constantly pushing out.

So far that's been working really well getting into the midgame with an advantage on the AI.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Subnautica got another try last night. Resource gathering got old right around the time I went to build my first simple base. Survival elements were annoying too. So I memory edited in infinite food and water and materials. Still not having fun. I got the sea moth and I'm going around looking for parts to scan and it's just not grabbing me.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Subnautica got another try last night. Resource gathering got old right around the time I went to build my first simple base. Survival elements were annoying too. So I memory edited in infinite food and water and materials. Still not having fun. I got the sea moth and I'm going around looking for parts to scan and it's just not grabbing me.

Yeah, if it's not grabbing you at this point, then you're likely not going to get into it at all.

The game's exploration aspect and the need to dive on wrecks looking for new things to scan and salvage so you can explore even further really got it's hooks into me, but I can easily see why that's not for everyone.

I beat the story after about 42 hours and if I have any gripes, it's that the last 5-10% of the game have a few parts that feel like a chore to get through. Although finishing your Neptune rocket, and then powering on all the systems before you launch felt incredibly satisfying.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm starting to "get" subnautica. Forced myself to play some more and after getting some depth upgrades for the sea moth and just now getting a cyclops I'm having fun. Even stumbled into the lost river in my sea moth and noped the gently caress out of there.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
There are so many parts where i've freaked myself out getting too aggressive on my cave dives

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Okay, maiden voyage of the cyclops went like this: hit a pack of three leviathans two minutes into the trip. The 3 second hull collapse timer goes off as I eject out the bottom in my sea moth. RIP Red October. One swipe later my moth is gone, one more swipe and I'm gone.

God. drat. It.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Okay, maiden voyage of the cyclops went like this: hit a pack of three leviathans two minutes into the trip. The 3 second hull collapse timer goes off as I eject out the bottom in my sea moth. RIP Red October. One swipe later my moth is gone, one more swipe and I'm gone.

God. drat. It.

I named my Cyclops Red October. I would have named my Seamoth after whatever that mini-sub was named but I couldn't remember what it was called.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I started using F1 to map biome names, because I've still refused to use the wiki for anything but figuring out the basic function of poo poo I built but don't understand, and having ten different beacon designation for "place with seaweed" started to get me confused.

Now the one thing I might actually be phobic of is not being to able to see the ground when I'm swimming. Like, not just swimming out into the ocean, or hopping into the ocean from a ship, but actually looking down with goggles in conditions where I can see for a 100 feet or so, but still can't make out the bottom, or when there's scary poo poo below me. Pretty sure I'd have a heart attack in one of those nuclear reactor pools, or swimming near the wall in a dam reservoir with lighting below me.

Anyway, ask me about sending out a sonar ping when I accidentally strayed into the void biome. :catstare:

As if the actual endless nothingness beneath my feet didn't freak me out enough, a leviathan swooped in out of nowhere and chased me all the way back to some solid footing.

Also, I went into that alien tower facility on the island, and attempted to shut down the energy core, which I'm assuming shot down the aurora, and then found out the weird infection my scanner keeps telling me about needs to be figured out in the disease research faciltiy, which I haven't been able to find in the biome where it is supposed to be located, even at the deepest points. Thing is that it seems the cavern I found earlier is the lost river, and it seems to extend into the biome where that spot is supposed to be.

So I'm now assuming that place is somewhere in the lost river, and I didn't want to go back in there for a while :ohdear:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Handsome Ralph posted:

I named my Cyclops Red October. I would have named my Seamoth after whatever that mini-sub was named but I couldn't remember what it was called.

Alvin?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I am really enjoying Into the Breach but, feel just like I did when I first started playing FTL 300+ hours ago. Lost and confused.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Nick Soapdish posted:

I am really enjoying Into the Breach but, feel just like I did when I first started playing FTL 300+ hours ago. Lost and confused.

Same. I’ve just been using my punchy mech to punch things a lot and accidentally moving aliens into even worse spots. It seems to be a great little game though, and I’m probs gonna put a bunch of time into it.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Witcher 3 on its hardest difficulty is a completely different game

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Holy gently caress, the lost river is loving huge. I've barely made it past the entrance from the underwater island biome safely. Found some alien structure behind an underwater waterfall, same kind I found on the island, but I haven't figured if / how to power them on.

I'm also starting to get a little annoyed with leviathans...there's some EMP-squidshrimp type of thing that I assume is a leviathan because it pops up as a threat in the cyclops, but it only EMPs all my poo poo, but the ghost leviathans in the lost river break my poo poo pretty badly. Just spamming decoys at them CONSTANTLY can't possibly be the endgame solution here, can it?

I also built a propulsion cannon arm for my prawn suit, but it doesn't do squat against leviathans, or even the smaller electric eel things, I guess I need to always have something nearby to lob at them with the cannon, idk.
The creature combat is a bit annoying with so little options, but this is still beautiful as all hell.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I did my entire play through without even getting touched by a leviathan

What are you doing to piss them off

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Swimming around early game my PDA said 'Detecting 2 leviathan class creatures, are you sure what you are doing is worth it?'.

The stasis gun seems to work on anything I shoot it at so if something is bugging me I'll just pop out of my moth and zap it.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Witcher 3 on its hardest difficulty is a completely different game

I’m poo poo at the combat. I play that game for like 30 minutes then stop every time because I feel bad at video games.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Propulsion gun is the best because you can punt the smaller sea creatures like 200m

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I’m poo poo at the combat. I play that game for like 30 minutes then stop every time because I feel bad at video games.

W3 on hardest difficulty means you have to like... research what you’re about to fight and use potions and oils and tactics and poo poo.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

boop the snoot posted:

W3 on hardest difficulty means you have to like... research what you’re about to fight and use potions and oils and tactics and poo poo.

Medium difficulty all day erry for me. Murdering all and sundry with minimal effort.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I prefer my games to be games not something that is like punching myself in the dick if I don't sperg the gently caress out on it.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

ded posted:

I prefer my games to be games not something that is like punching myself in the dick if I don't sperg the gently caress out on it.

:same:

If I want a real challenge I'll go do adult things. I play games to get away from stress not add to it.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I play games to put off killing myself a few more hours tbh

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

mods change my name posted:

I play games to put off killing myself a few more hours tbh

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I don't play crossout much anymore but I love these videos of people combining their vehicles

https://youtu.be/w6cV4liudEw

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Don’t kill yourselves goons

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Games on easy mode own

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Don’t kill yourselves goons

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

ded posted:

Sure wish I could get into Bloodborne, at least far enough I can level up and become somewhat big and strong instead of just dying on the loving werewolf bridge as one of them smashes me against the wall and the second careens from off camera and finishes me off :argh:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Would anyone be interested in playing some BF4 sometime? I assume there’s still a somewhat active community and I’ve been feeling the itch to get back into it. BF1 was cool, but it just didn’t do it for me.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Capn Beeb posted:

Sure wish I could get into Bloodborne, at least far enough I can level up and become somewhat big and strong instead of just dying on the loving werewolf bridge as one of them smashes me against the wall and the second careens from off camera and finishes me off :argh:

Half of the Dark Souls and Bloodborne games is knowing when to run away. Those werewolves can be avoided pretty easily if you just run past them.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

holocaust bloopers posted:

Games on easy mode own

https://kotaku.com/it-might-be-time-to-rethink-difficulty-menus-1820961183

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

boop the snoot posted:

I beat the game on hardest difficulty, and it was fun in it's own way, but it really breaks things.

Oh, Geralt the superhuman eater of monsters can be knocked out in a pub brawl in 3 punches? Aard now never knocks over anyone? An Igni stream doesn't slow anyone down at all? Something a few levels higher can one hit you?

I dig that Geralt isn't some binge eating murder gently caress machine, but then you are hacking away at people for 15 goddamn minutes, and it just doesn't make sense.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
Subnautica is extremely my poo poo. I decided to take Duzzy’s lead and never check a wiki or guide, and it’s making my playthrough very enjoyable.

Sure, it’s an alien ocean full of horrifying monsters, but puttering around trying to figure things out is oddly relaxing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I checked the wiki because I couldn't figure out how to turn on the cyclops' engine, checked whether I'd need blood oil for anything other than one product and used F1 to look up biome names.

Filthy cheaters :smuggo: