Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Chard posted:

i was found, maggot-like, beneath a mossy rock

Are you cold...? Oh, good hunter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Fartbox posted:

Cows that do become steak are domesticated, and have been for centuries, which means they are different breed than wild ones that existed. Thus, you can't find our cow in wild form, because they've never been wild. However, there are creatures similar to cows like yaks or musk oxen.

In Europe, the last species of wild cattle was the aurochs (bos taurus primigenius), which died out in Poland in the 17th century.

So yeah, if we just kind of let them go they'll probably perish to the elements or predators or whatever and for whatever time they'd manage to survive they'd probably cause a bunch of damage to the environment

For whatever reason, cows (Bos taurus) don't seem to go feral like other domesticated species do. Australia has feral goats, pigs, camels, horses, water buffalo, and donkeys, but does not seem to have a feral cattle population despite large numbers of them being free to roam unfenced on many stations.

There is however a population of feral Banteng, an Asian cattle species that exists both domesticated and wild, though the latter is rare. Compared to many other feral animal populations they're relatively benign.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

All I’m taking from this is that genghis khan and Charlemagne had one hell of a sex life

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Data Graham posted:

All I’m taking from this is that genghis khan and Charlemagne had one hell of a sex life

I mean, Genghis definitely did.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DontMockMySmock posted:

So if you're descended from Charlemagne or Genghis Khan, shut the gently caress up about it. You're not special.
Good post. Of course, that was literally my point in posting it. I'm extremely no one special.

Powered Descent posted:

Hey, watch the language, that's The Bloop's great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandmother you're talking about! <:mad:>
Thank you for defending my family honor. No one talks about Gran(gran)40 that way :mad:

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

RagnarokAngel posted:

I mean, Genghis definitely did.

So did Big Chaz. 20-ish known kids by 10-ish known wives and concubines. Not counting whoever else he hosed on the side.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

The Bloop posted:

Thank you for defending my family honor. No one talks about Gran(gran)40 that way :mad:

Was she also a bloop?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Man what I gotta do to make a simple "genghis and chaz totally boned each other a lot" joke

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Reverse loss?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Karate Bastard posted:

Was she also a bloop?

Only by marriage

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Holy poo poo.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:discourse:
Holy poo poo indeed.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lmao

quote:

lmao

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Data Graham posted:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Can someone Photoshop Sandusky's head on that? Tia

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Nuevo posted:

Wiki links the papers used as evidence if you care to look: Whole lotta Genghisids

And that's only male line descendants. Like the Charlemagne thing, once you start counting the female line, probably anyone with any ancestor from Eurasia is related to the great Khan in some way.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I read this in the captain holt voice

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Spanish Manlove posted:

I read this in the captain holt voice

Same. B99 changes a woman.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't get this one, how did the latter win

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Phlegmish posted:

The balance in Civilization games can get weird, okay.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Phlegmish posted:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Phlegmish posted:

Presumably referring to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinland

And these guys: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skr%C3%A6ling

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
It's a grossly misleading interpretation of the Norse history in North America, which I find disappointing after all the highly accurate Roman memes!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Brewmaster posted:

It's a grossly misleading interpretation of the Norse history in North America, which I find disappointing after all the highly accurate Roman memes!

Speaking of highly accurate Roman memes, what is the fortress in the first one?

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Azhais posted:

Speaking of highly accurate Roman memes, what is the fortress in the first one?

That's the Siege of Tyre by Alexander the Great.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

King of False Promises posted:

That's the Siege of Tyre by Alexander the Great.

For those who are uninitiated, yes, he really did that. He showed up at Tyre and demanded their surrender, and they told him to gently caress off, because they were a mighty city, well-fortified on an island.

Alexander literally had his army build a landbridge so they could attack.

And that's why Tyre isn't an island anymore.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I'm learning

through memes!

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

tyre is also where we get tyrant and tyrenian purple

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Who was the one who they sent to talk to the other side to broach a peace, and then decided they didn't like the conditions and exiled him so he went back to the other side, joined them, and took over?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

Who was the one who they sent to talk to the other side to broach a peace, and then decided they didn't like the conditions and exiled him so he went back to the other side, joined them, and took over?

Sounds a bit like Alcibiades.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

King of False Promises posted:

Sounds a bit like Alcibiades.

Seems like it, yeah. High school was a long time ago.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011