Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

https://twitter.com/ComicBook/status/969225997626195968

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well poo poo.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hahaha oh boy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think of all the possibilities of a Nick Spencer book that Spider-Man is the book that plays to his actual strengths the most.

Also Ottley is a perfect choice to draw Spider-Man.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".
Maybe we’ll luck out and get Morning Glories Nick Spencer and now Secret Empi- okay, couldn’t make it thru the sentence.

At least we still have Spectacular...

Edit: I will agree that Ottley is a great artist choice, though.

good day for a bris fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 1, 2018

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I'm holding out hope solely based on superior foes.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Nevvy Z posted:

I'm holding out hope solely based on superior foes.

Seconded. And I'm stoked for Ottley.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cool, I get to continue not buying Amazing Spider-Man. Works for me!

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
man talk about falling upwards

dude writes the worst Marvel event of this century, and here he is, on Amazing goddamn Spider-Man

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Book will probably be good, but we'll still hear about how bad it is from people who don't read it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Endless Mike posted:

Cool, I get to continue not buying Amazing Spider-Man. Works for me!

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Can someone give me background on female Electro and what I assume is a new Scorpion?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jordan7hm posted:

What the gently caress Bobby, you’re better than this.

He's really not.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Can someone give me background on female Electro and what I assume is a new Scorpion?

I think new Electro is the original's dead wife who got cloned and has the powers or something?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Sinners Sandwich posted:

She was a villain groupie named Francine who Electro killed accidentally when she tried to kiss him. During that whole "Clone Conspiracy" thing in ASM, Electro had her brought back via cloning, but the sample used to create her new body was via a cheek swab post-electrocution, which mixed up her DNA with Electro's somehow and she ended up with his powers.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I'd be happier if Hickman was writing Eternals or some other corner of the Marvel Universe where he can run wild and just do whatever he likes without worrying as to whether or not Iron Man or Captain America are supposed to be evil or dead or old from month to month.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I did rather enjoy Hickman's evil Spider-Man, but yeah, it's a bit incongruous.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Dan Slott

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Roth posted:

Dan Slott

He could, but he doesn't post here that I'm aware of.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I guess this means Hickman's not doing Spider-Man huh

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

I guess this means Hickman's not doing Spider-Man huh

Shocking right.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Welp, guess i'll stick to Renew Your Vows and Peter Parker: The Spectacular. There's still Miles Morales' book, hopefully.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

Shocking right.

Tbh I'm surprised both the tnc on cap and Spencer on Spidey rumors turned out to be true, whoever dropped those knew what they were talking about. Iirc they both came out way back last fall or something, someone should go back and see what other rumors came out around the same time

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I have come from the future. Hickman is actually just going to write a companion series to his FF/F4/Avengers runs but from the perspective of Doop, the secret architect of everything that occurred throughout those years.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Open Marriage Night posted:

Book will probably be good, but we'll still hear about how bad it is from people who don't read it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Roth posted:

Dan Slott

Dan Slott, the new Scorpion. Constantly trying to destroy Spider-Man. He's incorrigible!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

Tbh I'm surprised both the tnc on cap and Spencer on Spidey rumors turned out to be true, whoever dropped those knew what they were talking about. Iirc they both came out way back last fall or something, someone should go back and see what other rumors came out around the same time

We poo poo on them when due, but Bleeding Cool was the site that broke both of those in like July or August last year I think.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Female Electro was created back during Clone Saga 2: Clone Harder. She's a clone of Electro's girlfriend I think and due to accidental shenanigans involving her DNA she absorbed Electro's powers and then accidentally killed him by givin him a smooch.

Scorpion I've got no idea. Maybe it's just Gargan in a new suit?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
FB dude claims Ottley has 3 issues in the can already, have they said how frequently the book is shipping?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I mean, I've disliked the books people say he's good for (Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Astonishing Ant-Man), so I'm not really sure what's supposed to be so good about him being on ASM, and grrrr curse those guys on the internet for not liking Nick Spencer.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Roth posted:

I mean, I've disliked the books people say he's good for (Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Astonishing Ant-Man), so I'm not really sure what's supposed to be so good about him being on ASM,

This is where I'm at right now as well. I didn't like what I read of his Captain America runs either, so I'm a little bummed out about Nick Spencer being put on Spider-Man. Can't win 'em all, I suppose.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Should have put Kelly Thompson on it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I can't wait to continue not buying Amazing Spider-man.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Lurdiak posted:

I can't wait to continue not buying Amazing Spider-man.

Congrats on being the 4th person to make that comment/joke.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

pubic works project posted:

Congrats on being the 4th person to make that comment/joke.

The important thing is that nick spencer doesn't get my money.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

good day for a bris posted:

Maybe we’ll luck out and get Morning Glories Nick Spencer and now Secret Empi- okay, couldn’t make it thru the sentence.
People still like Morning Glories???? If anything Modern Nick Spencer has the advantage of only taking a few issues rather than twenty to get to his dumbass JJ Abrams With a Concussion twists/reveals.

What books exactly do you think people are making GBS threads on without reading?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

The important thing is that nick spencer doesn't get my money.

I don't think Marvel works on commision.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Edge & Christian posted:

What books exactly do you think people are making GBS threads on without reading?

Every book. Nobody reads comics.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I don't think Marvel works on commision.
Creators generally get royalties for collections and such. I believe Marvel also gives bonuses for particularly good-selling books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

another finger on the monkey's paw curls

• Locked thread