Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Len posted:

He was only crying because he was disappointed he hadn't thought of doing that to the Bacteria Building

Great thing about the Fantastic Four is that "the Bacteria Building" can either be your phone's auto-correct or a totally legit thing that existed in the comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Lobok posted:

Great thing about the Fantastic Four is that "the Bacteria Building" can either be your phone's auto-correct or a totally legit thing that existed in the comics.

Sadly it was auto-correct

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Len posted:

Sadly it was auto-correct

It was supposed to say "Bacteria Bulldog" right?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
BRB heading to the Bacteria Building.

*flies to Atlanta to visit CDC headquarters*

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Baron von Eevl posted:

It was supposed to say "Bacteria Bulldog" right?

“Bacteria Bulldog” sounds like the kind of nickname you can only earn if you live in the film 8MM.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Fart City posted:

“Bacteria Bulldog” sounds like the kind of nickname you can only earn if you live in the film 8MM.

I was thinking MGS villain.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Or Megaman X robot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zLc0WD0Z3c

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

If it's not a 23 Jump Street crossover I'm not interested :colbert:

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Cacator posted:

Nah, Ghostbusters

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Unoriginal Name posted:

Nah, Ghostbusters

Nah, Thor.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cacator posted:

I really don't understand how it didn't get off the ground, that was easily the best idea out of all the leaked Sony emails.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Read a review of the Death Wish remake and it apparently has a message that cops cannot help you (only trust your fists) but also it isn't their fault and instead it is the community's fault because they don't help cops enough.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Chris Hemsworth cinematic universe should cross over with Jump Street.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

muscles like this! posted:

Read a review of the Death Wish remake and it apparently has a message that cops cannot help you (only trust your fists) but also it isn't their fault and instead it is the community's fault because they don't help cops enough.

this makes me unironically want a movie that's basically the equivalent of a 90s arcade beat-em-up

The Raid and Hobo with a Shotgun are both like 75% of the way there, if a movie had The Raid's nonstop rear end-beating and Hobo's aesthetic it'd be on point

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

GrandpaPants posted:

Chris Hemsworth cinematic universe.

THIS SUMMER

CHRIS HELMSWORTH IS

THE GOD OF THUNDER

and

a formula one driver... I think? and..

a dumb... administrative assistant?

and uh

wait his Star Trek character died, didn't he?

Really what would be fun is a Battle Royale remake starring ALL. THE. CHRISES.

In a world where POCs have taken all the leading roles, four white guys all named Chris must duke it out mano-a-mano to win the last role for a middleaged good looking white guy. PINE! HELMSWORTH! EVANS! PRATT! THEY'RE ALL HERE!

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 2, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Thor meets the Men In Black actually makes some sense, even.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I for one welcome the Hemsverse with open arms.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fart City posted:

Post/av combo

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

lelandjs posted:

I really don't understand how it didn't get off the ground, that was easily the best idea out of all the leaked Sony emails.

Probably scheduling, as Tatum and Hill wanted the Jump Street characters to interact with Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones' characters, neither of whom have any interest in doing another MIB movie.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Fart City posted:

Chrises in Infinite Theaters.

Wait, (mostly) wrong franchise.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh yeah, I forgot that Infinity War has 3/4 of the Chrises in it. Too bad Pine sold his soul to DC.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Toxic Seahorse is an extremely rad name

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

muscles like this! posted:

Ah, so it's a Klansmen movie. I see.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

this makes me unironically want a movie that's basically the equivalent of a 90s arcade beat-em-up

The Raid and Hobo with a Shotgun are both like 75% of the way there, if a movie had The Raid's nonstop rear end-beating and Hobo's aesthetic it'd be on point

Hardcore Henry?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That was a 90s Doom WAD / HL mod.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

*throws money at the screen*

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-outlaw-johnny-black-movie-action#/

I wish I had $100k so I could get the poo poo beat out of me by Jai White onscreen... :allears:

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

ONLY TRUST YOUR FISTS

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPzzYhuhOxo

9/11 being treated as the worst tragedy ever enrages me, considering how many worse things happened and continue to happen throughout the world. It's yet more america wanking itself.

I can't find the clip unfortunately, but there's an episode of NCIS where one of the main characters is suffering from amnesia, so when another character explains 9/11 he ends up puking and having a panic attack.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

lelandjs posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot that Infinity War has 3/4 of the Chrises in it. Too bad Pine sold his soul to DC.

Can he still be Captain Kirk?

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I can't find the clip unfortunately, but there's an episode of NCIS where one of the main characters is suffering from amnesia, so when another character explains 9/11 he ends up puking and having a panic attack.

I thought, for NCIS anyway, that was actually handled rather well, especially since it's Gibbs' mentor who saw 9/11 as a personal failure of his own (long story, I think he had a shot at Bin Laden before and didn't take it) and left his job, and it's being specifically compared to the more recent naval disaster that had Gibbs considering the same course of action. (before the amnesia. Again, long story)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Vegetable posted:

Toxic Seahorse is an extremely rad name

His original name in the jp version is Acid Seaforce.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Highlander remake is on, again: http://deadline.com/2018/03/highlander-reboot-gets-moving-after-colony-writer-ryan-condal-hands-in-script-1202307522/

Lionsgate head gave his approval after the most important aspect of the movie had been cracked:

quote:

We’ve finally got a screenplay we’re happy with. We have set up the story so it has sequel potential.

Have to make sure you work in sequel hooks first and foremost!

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

You know, if it was any other property I’d give them poo poo. But have you seen the Highlander sequels? I can’t blame them for being like, “okay, let’s get this poo poo locked down before we end up on an alien planet again.”

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Edit: poo poo, wrong thread. Sorry.

Phanatic fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 2, 2018

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I'll never understand why Boomer Kuwanger wasn't called Boomer Beetle.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Or you design it so that Highlander in Space becomes a thing. Alien heads being lopped off sounds like my kind of dumb fun.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

What would be the point of going through the effort to reboot the Highlander franchise if you didn't have plans to make sequels?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I hope the sequel hook is all the idiotic sequels rolled into a single credits sting. Just a spaceship crashing into a mountain to reveal Mario van Peebles becoming Satan.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Get hyped for the upcoming Disney slate! Untitled Cinematic Universe coming at ya!

Mulan which was previously dated on 11/2/18 moves to 3/27/20.
Untitled Live-Action set for 10/4/19.
Untitled Live-Action dated for 11/8/19.
Untitled Live-Action dated for 2/14/20.
Untitled Pixar Animation which was previously scheduled for 3/13/20 moves to 3/6/20.
Untitled Live-Action which was previously set for on 4/3/20 moves to 5/29/20.
Untitled Marvel which was previously set for 8/7/20 moves to 7/31/20.
Untitled Live-Action now dated 10/9/20.
Untitled Live-Action dated for12/23/20.
Untitled Live-Action scheduled for 2/12/21.
Untitled Marvel set for on 5/7/21.
Untitled Live-Action scheduled on 5/28/21.
Untitled Live-Action set for 7/9/21.
Untitled Marvel dated for 7/30/21.
Untitled Live-Action now set for 10/8/21.
Untitled Marvel now scheduled on 11/5/21.
Untitled Live-Action now set for 12/22/21.
Untitled Marvel dated for 2/18/22.
Untitled Pixar scheduled for on 3/18/22.
Untitled Marvel dated for 5/6/22.
Untitled Live-Action now set on 5/27/22.
Untitled Pixar scheduled for 6/17/22.
Untitled Live-Action schedule on 7/8/22.
Untitled Marvel now dated on 7/29/22.
Untitled Live-Action scheduled for 10/7/22.
Untitled Live-Action set for on 11/4/22.
Untitled Animation set for 11/23/22.
Untitled Live-Action set for on 12/16/22.
Untitled Live-Action set for 2/17/23.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

So what is Disney going to do about Mulan in China now that their company name is a censored word?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Inescapable Duck posted:

I thought, for NCIS anyway, that was actually handled rather well, especially since it's Gibbs' mentor who saw 9/11 as a personal failure of his own (long story, I think he had a shot at Bin Laden before and didn't take it) and left his job, and it's being specifically compared to the more recent naval disaster that had Gibbs considering the same course of action. (before the amnesia. Again, long story)

I don't follow NCIS because I'm not a fan of soap operas, but if the guy had amnesia, why would any of that matter to him? Unless it was conveniently selective amnesia, where Gibbs remembered everything except 9/11 so the writers could clumsily shoehorn in a reference to 9/11 and harvest some cheap catharsis.

Like if I had amnesia and you told me--face-to-face, without videos or photos or actually being there-- a terrorist attack destroyed the WTC and killed thousands of people, I'd certainly be shaken but I don't know if I would lose my mind/lunch as if it just happened in front of my own two eyes like Real American Mr. Gibbs did