Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

SuperKlaus posted:

How intense is friendly fire in this new one? In VT1 it was like 2 points of damage out of a (Nightmare mode) health bar of 150 so it barely mattered.

This is from beta but imo it's still bombs you really have to watch out for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
I've been informed that you still can't have more than one person as the same character, despite the characters having classes that would distinguish them from one another.

:negative:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Sdoots posted:

I've been informed that you still can't have more than one person as the same character, despite the characters having classes that would distinguish them from one another.

There's always that opportunity come heroic deeds which seem like they are going to serve like Left 4 Dead 2 mutators. I bet they get weird with that poo poo "Beat this mission with 4 bright wizards" sounds like it could lead to some fun antics.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

cliffdiver posted:

3 Easy Steps to playing Elf:

1. Run ahead alone
2. Die
3. Yell at team

Digirat posted:

soon we will finally get to experience a brand new, untainted generation of players who silently run off on their own and blame everyone else when they die

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Man, I'm loving the halberd. It's got some serious range, as it drat well should. Still have to get a hang of block-cancelling and timing heavy cleaves for when you're balls deep in a mob though.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

toasterwarrior posted:

Man, I'm loving the halberd. It's got some serious range, as it drat well should. Still have to get a hang of block-cancelling and timing heavy cleaves for when you're balls deep in a mob though.

I had a really great halberd and mace/shield combo for Kruber in the last beta and I miss them :smith:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

:getin:

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Sdoots posted:

that’d ruin the banter so I’m honestly fine with the way things are; as funny as it’d be from a gameplay perspective

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Hopefully mods can just put every weapon in every pool so you can finally experience quad grudgerakers

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I feel like Kruber's shotgun is way better off than it was in 1, given that even the baby starting shotgun was blowing apart whole lines of men.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Sdoots posted:

The thought of more than one elf player on my team is downright terrifying, they made the right choice.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I wish ij could figure out much weapon power I would need to 1 shot mobs as kruber

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I think I prefer 1s gear system

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Good gravy.

Also, does it seem like scrapping stuff gives less components now? I know I'm still a lil baby at 7, but I'd like to craft stuff still

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
How do you avoid taking damage from a boss when it's up in your face? perfectly timed dodges and blocks?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Stack crit on your other trinkets and weapons. When you get to the right level (20?) get the talent that clears all heat when you use your active skill. Heat management is now barely a thing.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

How do you avoid taking damage from a boss when it's up in your face? perfectly timed dodges and blocks?

If it's Roger, whenever you see both hands go up, dodge back. Not just walking, the actual dodge.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Night10194 posted:

I feel like Kruber's shotgun is way better off than it was in 1, given that even the baby starting shotgun was blowing apart whole lines of men.

Definitely. I actually quite like it now, where in VT1 it was just a gimmick I tried to make work. I mostly use it to dunk unarmored specials, but I can do it a comfortable range unlike in VT1 where I had to place the gun into the mouth of the target.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Rayjenkins posted:

Definitely. I actually quite like it now, where in VT1 it was just a gimmick I tried to make work. I mostly use it to dunk unarmored specials, but I can do it a comfortable range unlike in VT1 where I had to place the gun into the mouth of the target.

The marksman having no range damage fall off is what really makes it work. You dunk elites halfway across the map with it and it's awesome.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Frustrated posted:

The marksman having no range damage fall off is what really makes it work. You dunk elites halfway across the map with it and it's awesome.

gently caress, I never even thought about this. If I can get a decent blunderbuss, I'll have to try it out.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

And then there’s a talent which you’ll already have available by the time you unlock the lumberjack to reduce spread by 25%...

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
in case yall were wondering the lumberjack is way better than foot knight

i doubt this is a surprise to anyone but i wanted to make sure we were clear on this

the main thing the foot knight has over the lumberjack is that when you use your active kruber will sometimes yell 'SIR KRUBER! HAHAHAHAHAHA!'

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Are the fire fx still bad

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I mean isn't Bardin kind of the only one where his Ranged career *isn't* his most powerful by a country mile, and even then it's still pretty goddamn good?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Grondoth posted:

Are the fire fx still bad

Improved since the last beta, still not great.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
is there some retarded word filter where people use lumberjack instead of its actual name or is this some dumb persons pet name thing still

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Coolguye posted:

in case yall were wondering the lumberjack is way better than foot knight

i doubt this is a surprise to anyone but i wanted to make sure we were clear on this

the main thing the foot knight has over the lumberjack is that when you use your active kruber will sometimes yell 'SIR KRUBER! HAHAHAHAHAHA!'

I mean, It's still fun to stack cooldown reduction and charge around the place constantly shouting SIR KRUBER like he would forget if he didn't remind himself.

I played with a knight kruber the other day that did just that and it was hillarious. He was literally charging every 5 seconds or so. It was the best thing.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Knight Kruber is still my goal wholly for how confused Kruber seems to be about being knighted.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
The elf 2H-sword is real fun to use. Wide sweeping strikes and a thrust charge attack that can headshot. It's noticeably slower than the glaive, but with some attackspeed it cuts up hordes real good.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

is there some retarded word filter where people use lumberjack instead of its actual name or is this some dumb persons pet name thing still

ur dum

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Do people have something against the Bright Witch for some reason? She is the odd one out in 90% of the "class is picked, pick another".

Elf is always a pick and dwarf (my favorite) is a good chance, but BW is always free.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

DeathSandwich posted:

Stack crit on your other trinkets and weapons. When you get to the right level (20?) get the talent that clears all heat when you use your active skill. Heat management is now barely a thing.

Yeah, that's what I'm aiming for. Combined with the Pyromancer passive that increases crit based on overheat level, this thing charges ability fast.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 2, 2018

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

This couldn’t be any more passive aggressive if it tried lol

lumbahfat

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Digirat posted:

just stupid elf things

it's amazing just how universal this experience is. it happens every other game.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Digirat posted:

This couldn’t be any more passive aggressive if it tried lol

lumbahfat

So is there

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

cliffdiver posted:

3 Easy Steps to playing Elf:

1. Run ahead alone
2. Die
3. Yell at team

Vermintide: Check Your Elf Before You Wreck Yourself

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
How's the halberd? Is it mercenary Kruber only? :ohdear:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Safety Factor posted:

halberd's doubleplusgood and any kruber can use it

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Safety Factor posted:

All Krubers can use it and while I'm away from my computer and cannot currently bash rats, it was awesome in the previous beta. Long reach, lotta killin' power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
:pcgaming: Halberd :pcgaming:

I can't wait until I have reliable internet again. I want to bash rats.

• Locked thread