Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.

food court bailiff posted:

I take back everything I said about the plastic. Everything was pretty okay (some mold lines, some bubble pits, nothing too major) until I tried assembling my Khador Decimator - one of the shoulder areas cooled at a slower rate than the rest of the model or something and isn't actually any kind of straight line, so there's a giant gap between the torso and part of the shoulder pad. I've gotten it a little better just by shaving from both the shoulder pad and the torso with a razor, but I think I'm going to have to wait until my Vallejo Plastic Putty gets here to actually glue the bastard in - the seam is right in a place where it'd be a pain trying to work putty in after gluing due to the armor plates. Bah.

e: not to come off as a Robot Pervert but anyone got shots of nicely painted warjacks from behind? Surprisingly hard to find reference photos and it's like....are there three little lines running off the side of that circular hatch, or two and a mold line?

Did you specifically need goon jacks? 'cuz PP's gallery has a rotational image for each jack and most of the models.

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/khador/warjacks/decimator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Zalabar posted:

Did you specifically need goon jacks? 'cuz PP's gallery has a rotational image for each jack and most of the models.

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/khador/warjacks/decimator

Thanks for this. Checking it out it looks like both my Cyg light 'jacks have a big ridiculous sprue peg right in the middle of the left thigh that's not supposed to be there. That's going to be such a pain in the rear end to clean up.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

food court bailiff posted:

Thanks for this. Checking it out it looks like both my Cyg light 'jacks have a big ridiculous sprue peg right in the middle of the left thigh that's not supposed to be there. That's going to be such a pain in the rear end to clean up.

gently caress I hate it when they cast like that, I've never been able to get that tiny irregularity out.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Strakhov2 is actually really good in armored corps now :3:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

e: y'know what nvm

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Feb 26, 2018

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

The new ADRs are going to also restrict theme forces when they change after Lock & Load, they're all up in the CID forums.

Example: Menoth gets Severius2, Reznik2, Kreoss3, and Durst in either Exemplar Interdiction or Creator's Might.

I'm not a fan of this.

Daemonqueller
Aug 16, 2004

mp5 posted:

The new ADRs are going to also restrict theme forces when they change after Lock & Load, they're all up in the CID forums.

Example: Menoth gets OldMan2, HugeBase, Kreoss3, and Potato in either Exemplar Interdiction or Creator's Might.

I'm not a fan of this.

Not a fan either. I always lose on Scenario when playing Creator's Might. Faithful Masses is the only one I can get to consistently work.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

As a not great player who generally gets a game in a week, I'm always confused by these attempts to create these exciting new metas that I also won't ever have the time to figure out. I guess it should reduce the appearance of ADR swaps in SR, which is nice for me. Hope it works out for interested folks though. Also, as a side note, you're never going to lure me into a format by trying to get me to play Morhvana1.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Daemonqueller posted:

Not a fan either. I always lose on Scenario when playing Creator's Might. Faithful Masses is the only one I can get to consistently work.

I saw your quote edits and Reznik2 is way better than you seem to be implying :colbert:

Daemonqueller
Aug 16, 2004

mp5 posted:

Reznik2 :colbert:
Which theme were you thinking about playing him in? EI or CM? I figure Kreoss 3 in EI, but Reznik2 I had always played in FM since that theme was released.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Daemonqueller posted:

Which theme were you thinking about playing him in? EI or CM? I figure Kreoss 3 in EI, but Reznik2 I had always played in FM since that theme was released.

This is an rear end in a top hat list for rear end in a top hat people that I got from Muse On Minis a while back, and it was good enough even without the free models:

War Room Army

Protectorate of Menoth - Classic Don JeMaris

Theme: The Creator's Might
2 / 2 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army

Servath Reznik, Wrath of Ages - WJ: +29
- Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan - PC: 4
- Crusader - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)
- Devout - PC: 9 (Battlegroup Points Used: 9)
- Templar - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)
- Scourge of Heresy - PC: 16

Vassal Mechanik - PC: 1
Wrack - PC: 1
Wrack - PC: 1
Vassal of Menoth - PC: 0
The Covenant of Menoth - PC: 0

Choir of Menoth - Leader & 5 Grunts: 6
Idrian Skirmishers - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
- Idrian Skirmisher Chieftain & Guide - Chieftain & Guide: 5

THEME: The Creator's Might
---

GENERATED : 02/26/2018 16:54:23
BUILD ID : 2061.18-02-21

Daemonqueller
Aug 16, 2004

mp5 posted:

Classic Don JeMaris

This is what I have been thinking:
War Room Army

Protectorate of Menoth - Reznik2

Theme: The Creator's Might
3 / 3 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army

Servath Reznik, Wrath of Ages - WJ: +29
- Scourge of Heresy - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
- Sanctifier - PC: 14 (Battlegroup Points Used: 13)
- Reckoner - PC: 16
- Devout - PC: 9

Initiate Tristan Durant - PC: 0
- Redeemer - PC: 11
- Redeemer - PC: 11
The Covenant of Menoth - PC: 0
Vassal of Menoth - PC: 0

Choir of Menoth - Leader & 5 Grunts: 6
Idrian Skirmishers - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
- Idrian Skirmisher Chieftain & Guide - Chieftain & Guide: 5

THEME: The Creator's Might

Not sure about the 2 redeemers on Tristan though...

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Redeemers on tristan seems a bit wasteful of his amazing armor spell. I wouldn't run him without a light or heavy that carries a shield (indictor is my first pick)

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Madelyn is an auto-include with him TBH, and yeah the Redeemer package is okay but it's not as good outside of a knockdown caster.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Finally got a game in with Orion. List wasn't what I wanted exactly because I need to put another Monitor together, but drat, he's got some really cool poo poo going on. The order of activations was weirding me out one or two turns because of the MAT/RAT thing, but it's very strong.

Also I spent 4 focus and killed 13 Idrians and that felt very good.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Have any of you dudes or dudettes played any games with Jalaam?

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

waah posted:

Have any of you dudes or dudettes played any games with Jalaam?

I have, and tbh he's the only caster I could see playing out of tier in warmachine in TYOOL 2018.

He wants good deadeye targets, like incindiarii and arcuarii, they are worlds better than reavers. But he also desperately wants a raider which isn't in masters of war. A brute for steady is a must-have.

This is my go-to list for him right now:

War Room Army

Skorne - Jam

Theme: Masters of War

Primus Jalaam - WB: +28
- Cyclops Savage - PC: 7 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)
- Agonizer - PC: 6 (Battlegroup Points Used: 6)
- Basilisk Krea - PC: 7 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)
- Archidon - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Cyclops Brute - PC: 8

Tyrant Rhadeim - PC: 9
- Tyrant Rhadeim (Continued)
Mortitheurge Willbreaker - PC: 4

Cataphract Incindiarii - Leader & 5 Grunts: 17
Cataphract Arcuarii - Leader & 5 Grunts: 17
Paingiver Beast Handlers - Leader & 3 Grunts: 5
Tyrant Commander & Standard Bearer - Tyrant & Bearer: 0
Praetorian Swordsmen - Leader & 9 Grunts: 13
- Praetorian Swordsman Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 0

THEME: Masters of War

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Alpha Phoenix posted:

I have, and tbh he's the only caster I could see playing out of tier in warmachine in TYOOL 2018.

He wants good deadeye targets, like incindiarii and arcuarii, they are worlds better than reavers. But he also desperately wants a raider which isn't in masters of war. A brute for steady is a must-have.

This is my go-to list for him right now:

War Room Army

Skorne - Jam

Theme: Masters of War

Primus Jalaam - WB: +28
- Cyclops Savage - PC: 7 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)
- Agonizer - PC: 6 (Battlegroup Points Used: 6)
- Basilisk Krea - PC: 7 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)
- Archidon - PC: 10 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Cyclops Brute - PC: 8

Tyrant Rhadeim - PC: 9
- Tyrant Rhadeim (Continued)
Mortitheurge Willbreaker - PC: 4

Cataphract Incindiarii - Leader & 5 Grunts: 17
Cataphract Arcuarii - Leader & 5 Grunts: 17
Paingiver Beast Handlers - Leader & 3 Grunts: 5
Tyrant Commander & Standard Bearer - Tyrant & Bearer: 0
Praetorian Swordsmen - Leader & 9 Grunts: 13
- Praetorian Swordsman Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 0

THEME: Masters of War

Looks good. Who do you drop it into or what is your desired matchup for him?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Have they stopped producing content for the RPG? I remember them releasing Unleashed, then the Skorne book then ???.
Also kind of related, a friend of mine who only ever plays Orcs never actually gave Iron Kingdoms a try because there are no orcs there. :v:

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

waah posted:

Looks good. Who do you drop it into or what is your desired matchup for him?

I built it to complement my eXerxis list which has more beef in it than [REDACTED] and doesn't like to face swarms of high def or weaponmaster infantry. MAT 7 takedown sidestep swordsmen work wonders, even against fennblades if you can stagger them correctly to deal with their charge threat. Deadeye'd Incindarii can light up groups of infantry that use an ARM minifeat, and Arcuarii are the armour breakers. I made it fairly rounded so I wouldn't fear being list locked into it as much. Even the cataphracts become 4+ to hit under your feat.

I use Rhadeim as a border collie, rounding up the enemy's back flank and making them worry about their positioning. Against some opponents, you can tie up 18 points worth of warjack with the catman as they turn around and run to engage him. Plus it helps push their warcaster forward into Jalaam's threat.

Don't forget you can use Artifice offensively as a patch of rough terrain in front of your opponent instead of cover, if the situation calls for it.

The eX list is free (2x agonizer, krea), drake, 2x brute, brozneback, gladiator, tiberion, rhinodon, willbreaker, painbros,

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

Azran posted:

Have they stopped producing content for the RPG? I remember them releasing Unleashed, then the Skorne book then ???.
Also kind of related, a friend of mine who only ever plays Orcs never actually gave Iron Kingdoms a try because there are no orcs there. :v:

There's stuff coming out yet in No Quarter Prime.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Anyone got any idea when we'll start hearing about the Crucible guard stuff? I'm keen to hear about the Merc jacks that come with.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Alpha Phoenix posted:

I built it to complement my eXerxis list which has more beef in it than [REDACTED] and doesn't like to face swarms of high def or weaponmaster infantry. MAT 7 takedown sidestep swordsmen work wonders, even against fennblades if you can stagger them correctly to deal with their charge threat. Deadeye'd Incindarii can light up groups of infantry that use an ARM minifeat, and Arcuarii are the armour breakers. I made it fairly rounded so I wouldn't fear being list locked into it as much. Even the cataphracts become 4+ to hit under your feat.

I use Rhadeim as a border collie, rounding up the enemy's back flank and making them worry about their positioning. Against some opponents, you can tie up 18 points worth of warjack with the catman as they turn around and run to engage him. Plus it helps push their warcaster forward into Jalaam's threat.

Don't forget you can use Artifice offensively as a patch of rough terrain in front of your opponent instead of cover, if the situation calls for it.

Thanks man. Sounds good. Hopefully I get to try it soon.

quote:

The eX list is free (2x agonizer, krea), drake, 2x brute, brozneback, gladiator, tiberion, rhinodon, willbreaker, painbros,

You build lists that speak to my heart.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

!Klams posted:

Anyone got any idea when we'll start hearing about the Crucible guard stuff? I'm keen to hear about the Merc jacks that come with.

They've dropped various spoilers on podcasts, and there's some Insider posts about them, but not much about their jacks yet. We should know a lot more soon. Crucible Guard is next in the CID cycle after the SR2018 cycle wraps up this week.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Fyrbrand posted:

They've dropped various spoilers on podcasts, and there's some Insider posts about them, but not much about their jacks yet. We should know a lot more soon. Crucible Guard is next in the CID cycle after the SR2018 cycle wraps up this week.

To be specific, CID will have the full rules for everyone on Wed the 7th of March

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Funagain.com is shutting down and having a huge sale.

Example: https://www.funagain.com/control/product?product_id=035808

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Veteran Leader: Warjack seems dumb.

Also the Vulcan is waay too good.

I hope the CiD cuts them down a bit.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

rydiafan posted:

Funagain.com is shutting down and having a huge sale.

Example: https://www.funagain.com/control/product?product_id=035808

all I see is that box and a couple of things of High Command

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

mp5 posted:

all I see is that box and a couple of things of High Command

And a shitload of boardgames. :colbert:

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
If you're willing to wade through a webstore programmed with a dubious interpretation of what even '10 per page' is and blows up with process errors every 5th page.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

So the OTC happened this weekend. Does anyone know more about the dude who lost bottom of turn 1 when Gaspy1 got bouldered in the face by an angry Glacier King?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

waah posted:

So the OTC happened this weekend. Does anyone know more about the dude who lost bottom of turn 1 when Gaspy1 got bouldered in the face by an angry Glacier King?

no but i like the sound of this

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

waah posted:

I do not, but I have a sudden and intense desire to learn more.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I ventured into the depths of the Trollblood FB group, and come back bearing poorly-written tidings:

quote:

Round 4 Toronto pandas 5-0
Apsy3 vs gunny
0-0 cp Bot1 caster kill
Belt
Well finally my gunny drop. He had Ghost fleet and Gaspy3 w some slayers. I'll play gunny here see what happens. Okay guys I am sorry game lasted 7 min on clock and I only activated 4 models. Gunny, stone, mistspeaker, GK.
I'll let you think about what happen.
Yep bot 1 killed his caster camping 2 with my GK. Nothing much to say but gk killls casters.

Edit: It's a weird list that I think tilts too hard to supporting the GK, but when it works, it works. All the GK shots are boosted by Guided Fire, he can be sped up or given +2 cold damage by the Northkin Elder, and there's a Mist Speaker to give eyeless sight. Oh, and Gunny has Snipe. If the caster is within ~21" of the GK, that caster's potentially in danger.

Fyrbrand fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 5, 2018

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Well you can't argue with either results or big rocks to the face.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
That sounds spectacular. I wish I could have seen the Cryx players face. Gunbjorn an GK fast kill.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Gaspy3 slayer spam is fuckin cancer so good riddance

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

Gaspy3 slayer spam is fuckin cancer so good riddance

Lol if your slayer spam isn't with venny.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Saalkin posted:

Lol if slayer spam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Got to love when any spam list is demolished.