Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
....gently caress you n8r

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

squarespace.com/secret/clemdog/maze/labrynth/minotaur/riddle/secret/hint/clemdog/sean/squarespace.com/evenbetterone/minenottheirs/tryhackingthissquarespace/youwonthaveawholelotofluck/becauseifreakingdidacodeonit/clemdog/hint/minotaur

offer code: clemdogminotaur

code Hollywood18, because 18 is the age of consent

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Tarranon posted:

I’m loving Sean’s new character

no you don't

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Devonaut posted:

no you don't

oh poo poo this is just too much

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I don't listen to Who Charted regularly but it was a nice last episode for Kulap. She said that she just got tired of the format and there were things she wants to talk about that would change what WC is and she didn't want that for Howard. I enjoy listening to her so I hope she pops up with a new show at some point.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

I haven't listened to the show but I'm just going to assume that "the how" is Howard's nickname.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I don't wanna start an argument over whether or not REM are a good band, but on the new ep there was something like...
*jangly clean guitar* Scott:"Ooh. It's a rocker!" *continued jangly clean guitar*
... which struck me as the silliest sincere exclamation they've had on a U Talkin' yet.

and this is the worst.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frJi7OZXxpA

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I have had several conversations like Scott on why I still have an old iPod Classic I use for music.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I’ve never liked REM (mainly because their 90s output never made me want to visit their 80s stuff). But now listening to their first EP and album, I finally get why they were THE alternative band: they’re basically the American Smiths. Jangly guitar, driving bass, and a sensitive, weird but alluring singer with an odd voice.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
UTU2tM finally turned me around on U2, from despising them on principle to the point where I can say "This band had some OK songs."

Thus far RUTR.E.M.Re:M is accomplishing almost the exact opposite, because I have gone from "I have no opinions on REM" to "I can't stand this band" every time they play a clip.

This was so bad I thought it was a bit at first.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
REM is great you god damned hipsters

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Riptor posted:

Agreed.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Riptor posted:

This.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
As a goddamn hipster, I disagree.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
:siren: ADPPP Season 2 teaser ep (which itself is 45 minutes long) is out! :siren:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
God damnit i might have to subscribe to Stitcher Premium
https://twitter.com/Stitcher/status/969283960089006080

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
gently caress this premium poo poo.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

I wish stitcher premium was a premium version of their app, instead of the same lovely app but now you pay for it.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
It's so weird to hear Scott and Scott just gush about such lame and boring music. It honestly feels like they're doing a bit.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I'm still using the Howl app, is there any word on whether ADPPP season 2 will show up on there? Will those services split at some point? Does anyone even know?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Being a Stitcher Premium subscriber, I immediately went to their app to listen to the new ADPPP episode. It wasn't promoted on the homescreen anywhere, but that wasn't unusual because no exclusive content that I'm ever interested in that releases a new episode seems to ever be featured there. Not a surprise that they once again hosed up the promotion of a new release that is exciting for their primary userbase. So instead I search for ADPPP and go to the page itself.

...and of course, it isn't there. It isn't listed anywhere. There's no season 2 tab, even. I had to go to my primary podcast app and download it from there.

Great job once again, Stitcher Premium!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

personally I'm still using Wolfpop

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The Ape of Naples posted:

gently caress this premium poo poo.

For the content you get, $35 for a year of Stitcher Premium is a bargain. It's just a shame about...the actual service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nENLG2u_hmc

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
night swimming, deserves a quite night

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I like R.E.M. just fine but lol at the suggestion that The Velvet Underground was "long forgotten" and R.E.M. single-handedly revived interest in them. Pure fanboy fantasy nonsense. David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Suicide, Mott the Hoople, Joy Division, The Yardbirds, Bryan Ferry, The Runaways and Patti Smith had all recorded VU covers before R.E.M. came along.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Gargamel Gibson posted:

It's so weird to hear Scott and Scott just gush about such lame and boring music. It honestly feels like they're doing a bit.

If you want to hear Scott gush over lame and boring music, you should check out his other podcast Comedy Bang! Bang!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

FitFortDanga posted:

I like R.E.M. just fine but lol at the suggestion that The Velvet Underground was "long forgotten" and R.E.M. single-handedly revived interest in them. Pure fanboy fantasy nonsense. David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Suicide, Mott the Hoople, Joy Division, The Yardbirds, Bryan Ferry, The Runaways and Patti Smith had all recorded VU covers before R.E.M. came along.

[insert the famous Brian Eno quote here]

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I think Scott doesn’t have good or bad taste in music, he just has a lot of taste

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Gargamel Gibson posted:

They were high school/college hipsters right when REM reached peak indie cred before going mainstream. It makes perfect sense.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Laterite posted:

They were high school/college hipsters right when REM reached peak indie cred before going mainstream. It makes perfect sense.

This doesn’t explain their (and basically every white dude comedian) love of Billy Joel.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

[insert the famous Brian Eno quote here]

I think they actually attribute the Ol' Sourpuss' quote to REM.

Also the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project will go free in September, so you don't even need to subscribe to Stitcher for it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think it was announced a few days ago but Queery (Cameron Esposito's podcast) is coming to Earwolf and also something called Kondabolu Brothers

http://www.earwolf.com/show/kondabolu-brothers/

also speaking of gay podcasts I don't know if anyone but me listens to it but todd glass was on homophilia today

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I really like Homophilia. Todd kind of turned this week’s episode into the first half of his podcast with no promise of silliness to come. I like the guy, but it was too preachy.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Hari Kondabolu is a great comedian and his brother was a decent hype man for Das Racists, I'll give it a listen.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The Kondabalu bros already have a podcast (this looks like a reboot) but they haven't updated it regularly in years. It's worth checking out.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Anyone else going to watch the Pardcast stream? Starts in 10.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

Anyone else going to watch the Pardcast stream? Starts in 10.

Yup first year I'll bet able to watch the whole thing, I've been listening since season 4 or 5.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

So far I’m a big fan of how the audience is better mic’d than Jimmy.

I’ve only caught bits of the pardathon before so looking forward to watching a good chunk today.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Link for the lazy.

e: why on Earth is this audio so bad?

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Mar 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
God I love Conan.