Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I really wish both bandai and other companies would stop making awesome expensive things that I want to buy

https://otakurevolution.com/content/bsc-135-sinanju-bust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Those new SD kits look real good and they’re still cheap as hell so I’m probably going to start a new scale collection

Yeah, Im pretty much sold on buying multiples of each for straight builds and kit bashing.

To the backlog!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Monaghan posted:

I really wish both bandai and other companies would stop making awesome expensive things that I want to buy

Yeah, I want that, but there's no loving way i'm paying 200 US dollars for it...

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I can't believe we have all this info on the new SD line but there hasn't been one runner shown for the Deep Striker.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Yawgmoft posted:

I can't believe we have all this info on the new SD line but there hasn't been one runner shown for the Deep Striker.

We've seen a lot of them about 15 years ago. :v:

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Puddin posted:

Yeah, Im pretty much sold on buying multiples of each for straight builds and kit bashing.

To the backlog!

This is how I feel about them too.

Plus the HG Leo. I will be the person with the army of HG Leos.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

TaurusOxford posted:

Yeah, I want that, but there's no loving way i'm paying 200 US dollars for it...

It's pretty massive, to be fair. There's a picture of it next to the mg sinanju and it has a ton of leds and stuff.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Monaghan posted:

It's pretty massive, to be fair. There's a picture of it next to the mg sinanju and it has a ton of leds and stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand why it costs that much. However that thing becomes 260 dollars once you convert into Canadian, and considering the size of the package I would probably get hit with a customs fee as well.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yawgmoft posted:

Bandai Hobby posted some comparisons to the old S Gundam kit

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

TaurusOxford posted:

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand why it costs that much. However that thing becomes 260 dollars once you convert into Canadian, and considering the size of the package I would probably get hit with a customs fee as well.

As a fellow canuck, believe me I sympathise.

^ speaking of ungodly expensive, please don't post pics of that beauty, my wallet can't take it.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Grabbed an RG Astray Gold Frame Amatsu Mina, planning to practice on a pair of HGAC Leos when those come out. Will probably grab a RG Tallgeese depending on local versus online prices.

The Leos and Tallgeese would probably be easy to do, but the Gold Frame looks like hell. How do you guys usually separate parts for top coating? By limbs and further separation for finicky bits?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
so, how intentional was it that the Hilariously Enormous Gundam With Addon That Makes It More Enormous was named the Excess Gundam? Like, was that always the point, was it a happy accident, was it a joke off an original S gundam etc. I have no experience with the series/story it's from.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Neurolimal posted:

so, how intentional was it that the Hilariously Enormous Gundam With Addon That Makes It More Enormous was named the Excess Gundam? Like, was that always the point, was it a happy accident, was it a joke off an original S gundam etc. I have no experience with the series/story it's from.

It's not called Excess. Ex-S stands for Extraordinary Superior.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

It's not called Excess. Ex-S stands for Extraordinary Superior.

I know it's not literally named Excess, but it's kind of...right there. Like an ork warboss named Mag Uruk Thraka.

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe

Monaghan posted:

I have one on the way, so excited :3

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Argas posted:

The Leos and Tallgeese would probably be easy to do, but the Gold Frame looks like hell. How do you guys usually separate parts for top coating? By limbs and further separation for finicky bits?

If your just top coating, by limbs is fine. Give them a spray then once it's dry articulate the parts a bit and hit it again to get the parts that were missed. Go easy on the covering, light coats and build it up.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I am loving this tropical fruit mech so much. :allears:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The most delicious alien invader.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

StrixNebulosa posted:

I am loving this tropical fruit mech so much. :allears:

Oh yah that dude looks sweet

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

The more I look at it, the more I'm convinced the Gundam Vual is irredeemably ugly. The only good parts are the shields and the pink.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

EVGA Longoria posted:

The more I look at it, the more I'm convinced the Gundam Vual is irredeemably ugly. The only good parts are the shields and the pink.

What, you don't like his pink crocs, his naked arms, his hourglass waist, or his ridiculous alien face? :v:

(i'm gonna buy him at some point he's one of the funkier IBO designs and I prefer funky designs)

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

StrixNebulosa posted:

What, you don't like his pink crocs, his naked arms, his hourglass waist, or his ridiculous alien face? :v:

(i'm gonna buy him at some point he's one of the funkier IBO designs and I prefer funky designs)

The waist and arms are basically generic IBO, they're fine. I like the pink, though the actual design of the feet is bad, and the face is so bad.

I just can't figure out how to make it look good. I bought one for the pink and shields, but now that I look at everything else about it, I'm thinking I might just steal them for another kit and let the rest serve as spare parts for IBO suits.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Oh man, I wasn't even gonna touch the GN-X IV Type.GBF because I didn't quite like the looks of it in Bandai's pictures, but somehow the unpainted, unstickered shots on schizophonic9's review actually make it look a lot better.

http://schizophonic9.com/re4/hgbf_gnxIV.html

Between my April and May P-Bandai shipments and the new Build Divers releases it's gonna be a tough few months for the backlog. :smithicide:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Does the GN-X IV have 4 eyes with the bottom 2 obscured or are they just gone?

The kit does look good, but might cheap out and get the Ogre instead.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
is there a list of which suits are going to be in that new SD line?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Kuvo posted:

is there a list of which suits are going to be in that new SD line?

The initial 3 are RX-78-2, Crossbone and Nightingale. Dunno that they've announced any more than that.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

The initial 3 are RX-78-2, Crossbone and Nightingale. Dunno that they've announced any more than that.

Also Zaku II, Zeta, Freedom, and the Efreet have been shown off in grayscale trade show prototypes.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
And a GM head with the CS frame.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What's everyone's opinion on Big Bad Toy Store as far as distributors go? I'm in Canada so I'm curious about shipping costs.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Arcsquad12 posted:

What's everyone's opinion on Big Bad Toy Store as far as distributors go? I'm in Canada so I'm curious about shipping costs.

They're a fine store but I don't know how much it would save you in time and money vs importing from Japan. Do you have experience in how long it takes to import stuff from the US? Is it just a couple of days?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

They're a fine store but I don't know how much it would save you in time and money vs importing from Japan. Do you have experience in how long it takes to import stuff from the US? Is it just a couple of days?

Well, my dollar shave club orders are pretty timely, that's about as far as my USA imports go. BBTS also seems to carry a handful of P-Bandai kits I was eyeing up as well.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I finally built those moonlight butterfly wings for my turn a

I wanted to pose it with its arms raised toward the moon like Loran does in the first episode but it just kinda looks like it's shrugging. Alas.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
The HG turn A has some weird shoulders.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

This is the MG though

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Droyer posted:

This is the MG though

Where's the cow?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Where's the cow?

Probably in the trash where it belongs. :v:

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

This is a crime, you're a criminal now

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TaurusOxford posted:

mods?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Oh, Tomino.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I don't see what's wrong with this?