Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

Dr. Fetus posted:

Special cost got lowered from 230 to 210.

Also the next game breaking bug has been found.

https://twitter.com/chirashisushi/status/968746265264754688

Do not play Dapple Dualies when Arowana Mall is in the rotation! Dodge rolling on certain parts of the map will automatically kill you.

This should be implemented on all maps, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
they took the bit of dialogue where pearl says "do you ever accidentally splat yourself when rolling with the dualies" and made it a feature

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Dr. Fetus posted:

Do not play ... when Arowana Mall is in the rotation!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Arowana Mall is good tho.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• JP Watching Cherry Blossoms vs. Eating Hanami Dango @ March 3rd 15:00 JT

All Splatfests last for 24 hours.

Can't get any Japanese than that.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 28, 2018

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Lol if you play mall instead of doing anything else with your time. A fun idea of a map that simply doesn't work well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rexroom posted:

:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

• JP Watching Cherry Blossoms vs. Eating Hanami Dango @ March 3rd 15:00 JT

All Splatfests last for 24 hours.

Can't get any Japanese than that.

That's the best splatfest art they've done yet

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
pearl has her eyes closed shes not even watching the cherry blossoms. marina is the clear winner yet again

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

AfroGunsou posted:

pearl has her eyes closed shes not even watching the cherry blossoms. marina is the clear winner yet again

Marina is just rubbing the hanami dango on her face and not eating it. Neither of them are good at this holiday, the only possible winner is Mr. Grizz

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/969054686488612865

Goby Arena is coming tomorrow.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
My yeetee Splatoon shirt came in today.

Totally forgot I even ordered it.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

Special cost got lowered from 230 to 210.

Also the next game breaking bug has been found.

https://twitter.com/chirashisushi/status/968746265264754688

Do not play Dapple Dualies when Arowana Mall is in the rotation! Dodge rolling on certain parts of the map will automatically kill you.

I mean they're technically entering squid form on a grate, not really something I'd do anyway

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

They so increased the swim speed salmon run. Did I miss that?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

The Dark Tetra Dualies also appear tomorrow. Autobombs and Splashdown are the accompanying tools.

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:

LethalGeek posted:

They so increased the swim speed salmon run. Did I miss that?

It varies depending on your weapon.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Can't wait to play 8 man Dark tetras on the new map

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Pearl looks like she just rolled out of bed.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Is it just me or are Grillers way faster now?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/splatoonnews/status/969336585782251520?s=21

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Geez, starting out at 400 also makes chunk grinding much faster. SR is without a doubt the best way to do that now. Of course this means that you are tossed into higher difficulties much more often. For some people, this is where the fun part of Salmon Run begins. :getin:

A couple of tips to deal with Flyfish at higher difficulties. Sometimes it's just best to take out 1 basket, and then leave them alone. Only 3 Flyfish can be on the map at a time, and crippling them makes it so that they can only lock onto 1 person, and make it so that the missiles come out slower, which essentially makes them a non-threat. Doing this instead of killing them lowers the risk of another Flyfish immediately coming in to replace the one you just killed. At lower quotas, this is annoying, but not really a big deal. But at higher difficulties, especially Hazard Level MAX (quota is at 21/23/25), you really don't want to be dealing with more Flyfish than necessary when the bosses spawn in sets of 3 or 4 at a time.

Do not do this with Stingers. There is no reason to ever keep them alive if you have the opportunity to kill them.

Also if you're trying to solo kill a Flyfish, it's best to toss in the bomb on its left basket (our right) first. This is because that particular basket tries to target anyone in the Flyfish's line of sight (which is likely going to be you) while the other basket locks onto a random person. So this lets you take out the other basket alone without too much hassle since you won't be targeted by the Flyfish's missiles if you're quick enough.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 2, 2018

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/969363414169501696

2.3.1 is coming out tonight. It just fixes a bug for Clam Blitz. They missed the Arowana bug, and will have a patch for that out by March 16th. Until then, that map won't be showing up in any of the rotations.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 2, 2018

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Fetus posted:

Geez, starting out at 400 also makes chunk grinding much faster. SR is without a doubt the best way to do that now. Of course this means that you are tossed into higher difficulties much more often. For some people, this is where the fun part of Salmon Run begins. :getin:

A couple of tips to deal with Flyfish at higher difficulties. Sometimes it's just best to take out 1 basket, and then leave them alone. Only 3 Flyfish can be on the map at a time, and crippling them makes it so that they can only lock onto 1 person, and make it so that the missiles come out slower, which essentially making them a non-threat. Doing this instead of killing them lowers the risk of another Flyfish immediately coming in to replace the one you just killed. At lower quotas, this is annoying, but not really a big deal. But at higher difficulties, especially Hazard Level MAX (quota is at 21/23/25), you really don't want to be dealing with more Flyfish than necessary when the bosses spawn in sets of 3 or 4 at a time.

Do not do this with Stingers. There is no reason to ever keep them alive if you have the opportunity to kill them.

Also if you're trying to solo kill a Flyfish, it's best to toss in the bomb on its left basket (our right) first. This is because that particular basket tries to target anyone in the Flyfish's line of sight (which is likely going to be you) while the other basket locks onto a random person. So this lets you take out the other basket alone without too much hassle since you won't be targeted by the Flyfish's missiles if you're quick enough.

Great post, thanks.

:woomy:

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Geez, starting out at 400 also makes chunk grinding much faster. SR is without a doubt the best way to do that now.

How are people starting at 400? Do new shifts now carry over your bonus bar?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

jetpackhewy posted:

How are people starting at 400? Do new shifts now carry over your bonus bar?

Yep, they changed Profreshional in that if your rank crosses a certain threshold, it'll start back at that threshold when the next shift rolls around.

0-99: 40
100-199: 100
200-299: 200
300-399: 300
400-999: 400

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr. Fetus posted:

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/969363414169501696

2.3.1 is coming out tonight. It just fixes a bug for the upcoming Gobi Arena. They missed the Arowana bug, and will have a patch for that out by March 16th. Until then, that map won't be showing up in any of the rotations.

I’m impressed how on top they keep being with these updates.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

This game is driving Switch sales in Japan on the level of Mario and Zelda. I'm not surprised at all.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Dark Dualies are amazing. I love the sliding animation

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yep, they changed Profreshional in that if your rank crosses a certain threshold, it'll start back at that threshold when the next shift rolls around.

0-99: 40
100-199: 100
200-299: 200
300-399: 300
400-999: 400

That's awesome! I normally don't play beyond second super bonus, so I stop in the mid 100s often. Now that there's a better chance to go beyond that, I think I'll play more Salmon Run now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also this new map is probably the narrowest in the game? It feels claustrophobic

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Hey a new month I wonder what...

a yellow T shirt

:effort:

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.

The Bloop posted:

a yellow T shirt

When I saw XXL in its name I was expecting a really baggy t-shirt, and thought it was a very funny that Mr. Grizz would give you a shirt that doesn't fit. But it really isn't that baggy at all :(.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Had a handful of matches on the new map, turf and splat zones. It seems...fine. It might actually be more fun in Turf, it's such a narrow map that splat zones doesn't allow many attack lanes or tricky plays. It's decidedly OK, but not one I'll be looking for in future rotations.

If the pattern holds of adding a new map and then a revamped Splatoon 1 map, fingers crossed Saltspray is up next. Or Museum d'Alfonsino

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I found it good in Zones because there was a ton of movement all around the zone up the hoops and whatnot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Bloop posted:

I found it good in Zones because there was a ton of movement all around the zone up the hoops and whatnot

Yeah it's not bad but like...its no BBS or Reef.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

The Bloop posted:

a yellow T shirt

It's not just any yellow T-shirt, it's a Crusty Sean merch T-shirt

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/969495808906153985

This Shifty Station's new gimmick, at a certain point in the match, an impenetrable dome will fall down in the middle of the map, trapping everyone inside, and keeping everyone else out!

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

oh my god marina they're just children

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
It's not post-apocalyptic until there's a Thunderdome :unsmigghh:.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
"Are you ready to see which loving Japanese spring tradition is good?"

*racuous cheers and applause*

"Are you loving READY????”

*orgasmic screaming from the audience*

*dome drops from a crane trapping three teenagers inside while instantly splatting a fourth unlucky enough to be right under the rim*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I wonder what happens when you try to superjump into or out of the dome