Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Pvt.Scott posted:

Depends on who you ask.

The people who issue certificates of birth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

ChesterJT posted:

No poo poo. My point is most people would be happier (ie less depressed) if the number was 5 rather than 18. Neither is good but one is certainly better.

My constantly depressed facebook acquaintance has been on a roll

and then a day later posts this.

I see stuff like this, posted most often by slovenly, shut-in, play WoW like a second job types that desperately pretend/wish they were Stevie Nicks.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

5er posted:

I see stuff like this, posted most often by slovenly, shut-in, play WoW like a second job types that desperately pretend/wish they were Stevie Nicks.

This is a slender mostly normal girl with a decent job who has medical issues and hasn't had much luck with relationships. She is a juggalo though.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

I resemble that remark!

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Over a period of time you'll actually react by letting everyone know this quote from Yogi Bhajan every day.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
a lot of those Yogi Berra quotes are apocryphal

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Radirot posted:

Over a period of time you'll actually react by letting everyone know this quote from Yogi Bhajan every day.

That’s a lot of words to say, “Chill. That rude person was likely just having a lovely day.”

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Radirot posted:

This is the most pretentious version of "No u are" I've ever seen.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Accessible toilets all over the UK have had to put variations of this sort of thing up because some people lose their poo poo over someone using an accessible toilet who isn’t missing a leg or something.

People are so goddamn petty it’s amazing.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Yeah, this isn't weird, there's a lot of disabilities that don't need wheelchairs or movement aids, and there have been a lot of reported instances of people with the UK's blue badges, allowing them to park in disabled spaces, being abused because they're not visibly disabled. There's so many disabilities that aren't immediately visible.

Lena Dunham
Sep 19, 2017

eating only apples posted:

Yeah, this isn't weird, there's a lot of disabilities that don't need wheelchairs or movement aids, and there have been a lot of reported instances of people with the UK's blue badges, allowing them to park in disabled spaces, being abused because they're not visibly disabled. There's so many disabilities that aren't immediately visible.

On the other hand, obesity, fibromyalgia, or myopia shouldn't qualify an individual for a handicapped parking space. Maybe let's reserve those for people who are actually physically handicapped

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
can I use the bigger bathroom stall and the good parking spots if my disability is depression

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
No.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
why don't they have cops patrolling bathrooms to give able-bodied people tickets for using the disability toilet stall. like with the parking spots

5er
Jun 1, 2000

ChesterJT posted:

This is a slender mostly normal girl with a decent job who has medical issues and hasn't had much luck with relationships. She is a juggalo though.

Fair, but I'm also going to say that exceptions don't govern rules.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

why don't they have cops patrolling bathrooms to give able-bodied people tickets for using the disability toilet stall. like with the parking spots

Probably because no one would pay those fines, either.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Ein cooler Typ posted:

can I use the bigger bathroom stall and the good parking spots if my disability is depression

Yes but just tell them your knee is busted or something.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

My dad used to park in the handicapped space and get me to act retarded so he could get into the hardware store quicker

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Sid Vicious posted:

My dad used to park in the handicapped space and get me to act retarded so he could get into the hardware store quicker

That's not how handicap spaces work

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

Sid Vicious posted:

Technically he only told you to act naturally.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Sid Vicious posted:

He could have just told them you were kicked in the head by a horse and he wouldn't even be lying.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yeah you know there’s a lot of piece of poo poo cops out in California who go to the dmv and get a placard because they slouch over and move a hand in and out erratically as they lurch forward, and the way the law is if you look physically disabled they give you a placard without a doctors visit. Most disabled people who don’t have a wheelchair or walking aid don’t immediately present as disabled, but you got these guys that really ham it up. Like there’s some physical disabilities like multiple sclerosis that make you talk weird, but these people are so loving stupid that they equate being retarded with a physical handicap in the general sense. They slur their speech, lurch at people like some kind of loving zombie out of Michael Jackson’s thriller, seem to have little to no cognition or their immediate environment, and they pull this bullshit act that all disabled people are some sort of shifty feculant ugly scumbag with horrible clothes and zero social graces. Basically a loving animal that grunts and snarls and is a horrible and cumbersome burden to everyone and everything around them. And the thing is that most people get along without people noticing a physical disability. My mom has cp and has like p much no practical usage of her left hand and her leg is p lovely too, but she doesn’t use any devices and people don’t know she’s disabled unless you tell them. Because disabled people don’t make a big loving thing about being disabled. It’s not the most prominent or presented thing about them. But you see these lovely undercover cops or intelligence assholes who are just the most hateful, prejudiced people in the world, literally faking a handicap and making it the most prominent thing about them, in fact the only thing they present to society. They literally steal handicapped spots from people, like strategically. They park like they can’t get a loving car between two lines, and then drive 10 miles an hour under the goddamn speed limit like their car is somehow handicapped too. And they deliberately associate having mental illness and stupidity and carelessness with having a physical disability. It’s like blackface. And it’s drawing the conclusion that if you got something wrong with your body that you are just a general piece of poo poo in all aspects of life. Anyways these people would just probably throw all the crippleds in an oven if they didn’t have poo poo like society and 99 % of the people in the world getting in their way.

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Mar 2, 2018

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Bombadilillo posted:

That's not how handicap spaces work

Your not how handicapped spaces work

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

humpthewind posted:

I resemble that remark!

You got a big round rear end? :thunk:

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

Yeah I have a couple family members who need the disability parking spaces and I have gotten all sorts of nasty looks people see me and not the rest of my family. Not looking forward to getting keyed eventually.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

No you just need a swat team guarding every toilet 24/7. If they catch someone trying to sneak into the stall they can rough them up and give them a swirlie.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

God those ultra-specific shirts bug the gently caress outta me

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
and the apartment's still trashed from last night!!

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I love the Month equals X shirts. I see them on FB and they are all posted by people who are religious and looking for the zodiac loophole.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

they could at least try to make the image look like it's printed on the shirt, jesus

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Scathach posted:

A friend born in Japan gets weird results on their's: "Queens are born in January and in Hosogawatoma prefecture" :downs:

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
What's the deal with Chiba prefecture?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Scathach posted:

It's the lovely photoshops of celebrities holding or wearing the shirts that drive me crazy.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

These have to be trolls just laughing every time someone buys one off them

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Scathach posted:

Same, but the recent trend of the "design" photoshopped onto the shirt bugs me waaaaaay more.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I’ve never seen anyone wear those shirts, I’ve seen a few at mall kiosks though.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I have to imagine that the only people that purchase them, if anybody at are, are people who need a gift for somebody they know only 2 or 3 specific things about.

I'm a badass [PHARMACIST] who was born in [SEPTEMBER] and loves [HEAVY METAL MUSIC], so don't mess with me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Candlelight Virgil posted:

These have to be trolls just laughing every time someone buys one off them

They've got to be dynamically generated and printed on demand, unless these guys can afford heaps of shirts that will never sell.

• Locked thread