Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Captain Invictus posted:

talk about massive overgeneralization lol

everyone dunked on those theories super hard and rightfully so, you're still just as dumb and bad as you were back then it seems tbp

no it was only me, the hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
zorak threatening to probate people who disagreed with him abnout haki then being completely wrong owned

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Does anyone have that picture of the two types of female faces in OP handy. Thanks

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jose posted:

zorak threatening to probate people who disagreed with him abnout haki then being completely wrong owned

loo

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Jose posted:

fuuuuck I forgot about that :lol:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Enough already! Haki = Art!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

schlocky

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Countblanc posted:

Enough already! Haki = Art!

Considering what we're seeing haki do post-timeskip, I'm not sure why people still think it's "ambition". It's just the usual shounen power with a different name. Oda wasn't obviously gonna call it chakra or chi or reiatsu...

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

alkanphel posted:

Considering what we're seeing haki do post-timeskip, I'm not sure why people still think it's "ambition". It's just the usual shounen power with a different name. Oda wasn't obviously gonna call it chakra or chi or reiatsu...

It is ambition, and chi. It's "ambition" written with the character for "chi."

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
It's still the physical manifestation of someone's ambition/will, it's just that it works an awful lot like plain old chi at this point. Still no energy blasts at least!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Dr Subterfuge posted:

It's still the physical manifestation of someone's ambition/will, it's just that it works an awful lot like plain old chi at this point. Still no energy blasts at least!

Conqueror Haki is straight up energy blasting the room

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Nah, it's just the ol' laaaazy eye

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Hahaha wasn't it funny back when we were arguing about what haki was

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Pureauthor posted:

Conqueror Haki is straight up energy blasting the room

Not really. It's a step in that direction, but there's still a long way between that and a spirit bomb or rasagen or getsuga tenshou.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Not really. It's a step in that direction, but there's still a long way between that and a spirit bomb or rasagen or getsuga tenshou.

its not visible but it physically interacts with stuff like when Shanks cracked whitebeard's ship.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Until people start shooting haki at each other, I will continue to be glad that people aren't shooting haki at each other. :shrug:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
At least people aren't shaping their haki into semi-corporeal forms to fight.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

That would still be better than energy blasts. Chakra Bombs killed the fights at the end of Naruto.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Until people start shooting haki at each other, I will continue to be glad that people aren't shooting haki at each other. :shrug:

they're not shooting it but its clearly a sphere that clashes with other spheres

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I was wondering why the chapter wasn't out yet... but it turns out It is!

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Eiba posted:

I was wondering why the chapter wasn't out yet... but it turns out It is!

You know I always wondered how crying works with a third eye

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

That was a neat end to the fight, in my view. I'm sure not everyone will be satisfied, but it feels like they fought to a draw, but Luffy had something he had to get up for and that one last bit of driving energy was all that made the difference. It wasn't a flashy triumphal end, because it's not the end of the arc by a longshot, but it was a pretty satisfying end to a grueling fight.

From here on out it's all got to be stuff happening.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chapter's out.

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/one-piece-2/en/0/896/page/1

Luffy going back to place his hat over Katakuri's face was some powerful poo poo.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Hate-Senpai posted:

Chapter's out.

]

Luffy going back to place his hat over Katakuri's face was some powerful poo poo.

That is some serious level respect poo poo

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also cool is that Katakuri initially falls forward after the clash, but once he and Luffy get back up to exchange their final words he allows himself to fall on his back for the first time in his life.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Oh man.

Pudding's 'last request' + her memory wiping powers probably isn't a good combination.

:ohdear:

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Curious about this Nazoms guy. He seems like he could be a friend of Gangster Gastino.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

That was actually a great ending to DogtoothKatakuri. I hope him and Luffy join Franky and Senor Pink for that drink in the future. Also glad Pudding got her kiss after. Next chapter better be Sanji kicking some rear end. He's been due for a good fight for the last 10 years.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
:bignews:

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Morgans is my favorite new character from this arc, you guys.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The end to the KataLuffy fight was great. Shame the leadup to it stumbled a fair bit, but whaddya gonna do.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Same. My regards to whoever bought the Big News emoji.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

That final scene with Katakuri is so wonderful. This entire arc is a phenomenal handling of multiple characters.

I'm almost having a hard time remembering if all of One Piece is as good as this saga or if it's just always been exceptionally great. What's a good way to recommend something that's almost 900 chapters long to people?

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Mar 2, 2018

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Let me know when you figure that out.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

"It's good you should read it"

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

A dude made of rubber and a dude made of mochi beat the poo poo out of each other. At one point, mochi dude pauses to stan himself.

It is one of the best fights in the manga.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

good chapter. mad respect from my boy to my other boy. sanji got a quick bang in but then it was erased and just a kiss was left.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Incredible chapter. Oda has really been on fire lately.

I'm so glad :bignews: is shaping up to be important going forward, and didn't end up being a forgotten background character.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

The World Inferno posted:

That final scene with Katakuri is so wonderful. This entire arc is a phenomenal handling of multiple characters.

I'm almost having a hard time remembering if all of One Piece is as good as this saga or if it's just always been exceptionally great. What's a good way to recommend something that's almost 900 chapters long to people?

Say only the first 100 chapters are canon, the rest are spinoff stories. If they read up to Arlong Park and like it all you have to say the next 800 are more and better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Hate-Senpai posted:

Chapter's out.

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/one-piece-2/en/0/896/page/1

I want a future title page to show Katakuri wearing that hat.

Pureauthor posted:

Oh man.

Pudding's 'last request' + her memory wiping powers probably isn't a good combination.

:ohdear:

Aw, man, I didn't even think of that. poo poo...