Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

You can see something and say something, but Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel isn’t listening.

But he is talking.

He will tell you he provides “amazing leadership.” And that “lions don’t care about the opinions of sheep.”

Apple Pie Hubbub fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Mar 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
That Prickly City arc is seriously going to end with "maybe the Trump administration isn't so bad after all. I mean our toilets and showers still work!"

Christ.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Hmmm yes this is appropriate to be in the funny pages.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Prickly City is literally this

but unironically

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Here's some strips from C&H in no particular order from a couple arcs where they did this.

Look at those backgrounds, and foregrounds, and different angles, and actual stuff happening. They travel through space in an exciting way, in one strip instead of three weeks of single space panels with the same jokes.

Get hosed Stallie.

e: one more pic to show the time travel more completely.
e2: wrt fister's post, I will say looking back over their previous comics, it's not as bad as talking heads in a void, but it's not good by any means. I mean we did get a greek person, some victorian people, the colored water fountains...

itskage fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Mar 2, 2018

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Man, when do we get to the part where Zelda's dad is an rear end in a top hat? Because so far he's been a saint for putting up with all of Zelda's shenanigans.

Also, that's a sweet Bjork T-shirt.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Are they supposed to be any people or classes of people in particular?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Zivilyn Bane posted:

That Prickly City arc is seriously going to end with "maybe the Trump administration isn't so bad after all. I mean our toilets and showers still work!"

Christ.

No no, it's going to end with them saying,"Love it or hate it, I think we can all agree we love America :patriot:" with the underlying message being,"Stop complaining."

Then the next 6 weeks of strips will be them complaining about the lack of decorum in the White House. Then the Hillary Bunny will show up and rant about getting back into power and the characters will all roll their eyes about how crazy she is.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

No no, it's going to end with them saying,"Love it or hate it, I think we can all agree we love America :patriot:" with the underlying message being,"Stop complaining."

Then the next 6 weeks of strips will be them complaining about the lack of decorum in the White House. Then the Hillary Bunny will show up and rant about getting back into power and the characters will all roll their eyes about how crazy she is.

Wow, are you a wizard from the future?

Clunk Tap It
May 1, 2014

Samurai Sanders posted:

Are they supposed to be any people or classes of people in particular?

I think the guy's a generic Hollywood producer-type. It's a "the liberal media are the REAL sexists for objectifying women" cartoon.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Clunk Tap It posted:

I think the guy's a generic Hollywood producer-type. It's a "the liberal media are the REAL sexists for objectifying women" cartoon.
If that's true I really can't tell the difference between him visually and some completely generic everyman guy he uses to say unremarkable opinions usually.

edit: the woman's haircut and glasses look vaguely Hollywood stereotypish, I guess.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Then the Hillary Bunny will show up and rant about getting back into power and the characters will all roll their eyes about how crazy she is.

Are you READY for some minionz? :shepface:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Gentleman Baller posted:

Someone help me out here.

If you raise the rear of the train, taxes, the front of the train, the economy, will fall. It's not particularly accurate or clever but that's par for the course. Why did everyone freak out over it the first time?

The closest I can think of, is people are somehow misconstruing the coal being labelled 'taxes' and the Donkey saying "I want more of this" or something but that was nothing like the AGCs the thread had before it, which didn't require changing the comic. What am I missing?

I mean, it's pretty clear what Ramirez was going for, but if you stop and think for even a moment, the metaphor falls flat.

-Raising taxes means increasing taxes. Adding to the weight of the caboose, which would fix the situation.
-He labeled the locomotive "economy" and the fuel compartment "taxes," implying that taxes fuel the economy.
-The alternative reading of the metaphor is also the accurate one. The Bush cuts hosed up the economy, and the Trump cuts will gently caress it up even more. US taxation is a lopsided mess.

Yeah, sure, if the cartoon had been completely divorced from context and visuals and the ambiguity of the term "raise," Ramirez could have made a coherent point. That's not the cartoon he produced.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Trazz posted:

Wow, are you a wizard from the future?

I confidently predicted Hillary would win in 2016, so... no :smith:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

We get it. People didn't bathe often hundreds of years ago.

You didn't need a full week of comics to get that joke through.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Who pays for this? Who receives this and then proceeds to write a check? As opposed to "Didn't you give me this last week?"

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Katt posted:

Who pays for this? Who receives this and then proceeds to write a check? As opposed to "Didn't you give me this last week?"

Print news is a dying medium.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
stantis must have some serious poo poo on soemone to be able to keep publishing this loving drivel

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Neodoomium posted:

We get it. People didn't bathe often hundreds of years ago.
It's not even true in any sort of comprehensive sense.

(Though that IS exactly the level of "understanding the nuances of history" one might expect from a conservative cartoonist)

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
If you print Doonesbury, you have to print something with the opposite point of view on the same page, or you will get boycot by crotchety old white men, which is like 95% of your readership. It doesn’t have to be composed, well-drawn or funny, it just has to be there. Same thing that keeps Bruce Tinseltown in business.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/status/969377687113314304
I like how the cropped image makes it look like Trump wears too small pants.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

duz posted:

No, it's more like early 2000s Adult Swim, weird just to be weird.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zck5swO5Xlg
Is that actually Japanese they're singing. Sounds more like one of those "this is what English sounds like to foreigners" takes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt4Dfa4fOEY

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
For thread purposes, here's a clearer one I shamelessly stole from Collins' twitter

Stephen Collins is a god damned treasure.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
we're three months away from garrison selling decals that you can stick onto glory-hole walls

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Cable Guy posted:

Is that actually Japanese they're singing. Sounds more like one of those "this is what English sounds like to foreigners" takes.
I'd like to tell you but that clip is blocked in Japan. With PTE it wouldn't surprise me if you were right though.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
Drive your family and friends crazy with our new Trump shaped fleshlight!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'd like to tell you but that clip is blocked in Japan. With PTE it wouldn't surprise me if you were right though.

it's the B-side of "Let's Pop Together" from episode 4

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
it doesn't even look like trump lol

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Avirosb posted:

https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/status/969377687113314304
I like how the cropped image makes it look like Trump wears too small pants.

So ben has admitted he's gay for Trump?

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
K offee
K iss
K up

:what:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

loquacius posted:

Is Mr Fish making New Yorker cartoons now or what

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Doctor: "Kindly pee into this cup."

Me: "Sorry doc, I brought my own for occasions like this :smug:"

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Buying a weird mug and talking loudly about how much you want to kiss Donald Trump to own the libs

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Cable Guy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt4Dfa4fOEY

There's some English inserted, and I can pick up some bits and phrases. However words are accented strangely even before you add the deliberate voice distortion.

After watching your video, I'm not sure if that means the answer is "yes" or "no".

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
"All I'm saying is I'm tired of people calling me a nazi just because I don't like gay people. *hugs Trump husbando pillow tighter* And... post. *double clicks mouse on Trump-titty mouse pad*"

TasogareNoKagi posted:

There's some English inserted, and I can pick up some bits and phrases. However words are accented strangely even before you add the deliberate voice distortion.

After watching your video, I'm not sure if that means the answer is "yes" or "no".

Turn on closed captioning.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
"Our poo poo doesn't stink!"

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
There's a very high probability that cardboard box smells terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Zetsubou-san posted:

it's the B-side of "Let's Pop Together" from episode 4
I watched the first two episodes but stopped. Given that I’ve read all the mangas it’s based on, I’d have to be way more into voice acting gags than I am to appreciate the anime.