Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, honestly, my first thought about that ad was "that seems pretty cheap for the location. Dude can't hold onto sublettors, can he? Gee, I wonder why?"

That location is pretty lousy actually because there is no bridge to the other side of that lake, so unless they have a boat, it'll take them at least 60 to 90 minutes to get to downtown Austin depending on traffic.

Autechresaint has a new favorite as of 16:26 on Feb 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My Lovely Horse posted:

I have SO MANY QUESTIONS.

Maybe it just wasn't comfy, they finally decided to do something about it.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Look, the seller's master is a very important Lord of the Night, and he can't get his full night's feasting when his coffin leaves him tossing and turning all day

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Weird Craigslist Ads: For Sale-Coffin, Barely Used

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Johnny Aztec posted:

It's cheap because there is the unsaid expectation that he is gonna be getting strange on the side on top of the rent.

The ad seems like he's looking for a live-in wingman with equally horrible taste, not a girl to live with him. He talks about how he's gonna "hook (his potential roommate) up with so much pussy."

e: also what the merciful gently caress who would buy a used coffin

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Some people prefer to buy used just to avoid that new-coffin smell.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Someone in AI needs to buy it and turn it into a Munsters coffin car

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

sweeperbravo posted:

Some people prefer to buy used just to avoid that new-coffin smell.

And breaking that fucker in is awful, you're stiff by the end of the night.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I think this is a “there are two kinds of people in the world” situation, because my reaction to that ad was to spend five minutes trying to figure out if I had enough space to store a coffin, and fantasizing about all the cool poo poo I could do if I could only get my hands on a high-end coffin at a reasonable price.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Some very cool people slept in coffins. John Donne, Sarah Bernhardt, and John Lennon are three that come to mind.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Still doubt they were ever actually used in the ground, prior to becoming a quirky celeb bed. John Lennon didn't sleep on a pillow that spent a year absorbing a decomposing corpse...

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Funerals and coffins are expensive as gently caress. I can imagine someone just be glad that they don't have to spend hundreds of dollars on grammas coffin because this way they can still afford rent this month.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
This is in the pets section of my local CL...

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/pet/d/turkeys/6497032442.html

bery big en fat

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
I doubt the dead person cares whether it's new or used

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Stop livesplaining

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Dead Lives Mat- wait...

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Man that's a lovely picture through a bush.

...oh. Guess this is the picture version of "runs great, in great shape except engine makes knocking sound."

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Scathach posted:

...oh. Guess this is the picture version of "runs great, in great shape except engine makes knocking sound."

To be fair, the truck doesn't look too bad aside from having been eaten by a vine monster. With thorns. Because of course.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
For $1 you could sell that to a scrap yard for $400

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

To be fair, the truck doesn't look too bad aside from having been eaten by a vine monster. With thorns. Because of course.

Welcome to Washington. Blackberries are all the gently caress over.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Wonder if picking them costs extra.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

That just reminds me of my favorite Craigslist ad of all time:

"test drives at ur own risk i can't go with you too many bees" pops into my mind occasionally. It's a delightful phrase.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Why didn't he just call a beekeeper? Or exterminator?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Mymla posted:

Why didn't he just call a beekeeper? Or exterminator?

These bees are deadly.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

That man is a pussy.

Brian is a moron. They just brought this stupid sauce back permanently.

You suck, Brian.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 00:26 on Mar 2, 2018

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Is it weird? I don't know. But the Worst Apartment that I found when I was looking for a place to move in September has reposted their ad.

In detail:

Half-fridge, hot plate, a bathroom-style sink for your "kitchen." Have fun washing your plates in that.

That's it. That's the whole room. With the "kitchen" on one side.

The toilet with seashell lid! And weird tangle of pipes behind the toilet coming out of a hole in the wall.

$500/month is cheap in this area, but not that cheap. Generally the bottom for small apartments or basement suites around here is $650.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

It's like a jail cell trying to be an apartment

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Yeah I kinda get the "you get locked in from 7pm to 7am" feel from that

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

It seems like the kind of place that might work for you if you're really into a "just come home to sleep" lifestyle, but even then, God forbid you ever try to do anything but sleep in that box. Is there even a shower in that bathroom?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

God I hope there's a shower. I hate that toilet enough I'd never want to pee in it. Might eat me.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Oh, don't worry, there's a shower.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I wish I had pictures of the place my buddy lived for like six months in 2009 as his life was falling apart. It was like a large, poorly built shed finished into a house with the maniacal thrift and expediency of a third world refugee. The ground floor was lumpy and curiously solid, like they'd laid plywood and carpet directly on the dirt. The second floor creaked and sagged so much that I decided my first visit was my last.

My favorite part was the bathroom, which was a lean-to off the ground floor. A curtain in the kitchen led directly into the shower, and then you had to step through the shower and open another curtain to get to the toilet area. All bathroom plumbing was done with garden hoses and a baffling excess of hose clamps.

The owners sold the main house a few months later and had to tear the shitshack down, presumably because the inspection report was just "Are you loving kidding me?"

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

RoboRodent posted:

Oh, don't worry, there's a shower.

That's not a shower that's a closet with nipples

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I recently went to Ikea, for the first time in my life. They had several complete apartments set up and furnished, from ~600 square feet, all the way down to about 290 or so square feet. It’s both brilliant marketing, and proof that you actually can live nicely in a small amount of space, if it’s well-designed. The apartment in those pictures is not well-designed.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Oh sure. I'm living in a one room apartment now. I find it very cosy and comfortable. However, I also have a real kitchen and a bathtub.

I was poking around on Craigslist and found another listing which has the same contact number. Pretty sure this is a one bedroom in the same apartment, which makes me suspect that the "bachelor" is a bigger apartment divided into smaller units.

I've never seen a kitchen in a closet before.

And how about this bathroom set up?

This one goes for $700/month.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I recently went to Ikea, for the first time in my life. They had several complete apartments set up and furnished, from ~600 square feet, all the way down to about 290 or so square feet. It’s both brilliant marketing, and proof that you actually can live nicely in a small amount of space, if it’s well-designed. The apartment in those pictures is not well-designed.

Those are some of my favorite parts of Ikea. Of course I've never lived anywhere that it's common to have an apartment that consists of a bathroom and a little empty room.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

They always strike me as lacking storage space. I keep thinking, where do you keep your books and DVDs and stuff, although I guess they're going after the Kindle and Netflix market segment these days. Still, that kinda makes them seem like impersonal habitation pods.

And they're always cluttered with little details and knickknacks that are available at IKEA and will run you as much combined as all the other furniture. I saw a bed there once that had a bunch of straps woven around the head frame to hang stuff off of, and all those straps would have been almost the price of the bed, plus it looked like a budget BDSM setup.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

RoboRodent posted:

I've never seen a kitchen in a closet before.

And how about this bathroom set up?
The Grover is strong with this one.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I live in 240sf and it's not bad at all. Everything just has to have two uses and storage is all the gently caress over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

My Lovely Horse posted:

They always strike me as lacking storage space. I keep thinking, where do you keep your books and DVDs and stuff, although I guess they're going after the Kindle and Netflix market segment these days. Still, that kinda makes them seem like impersonal habitation pods.

And they're always cluttered with little details and knickknacks that are available at IKEA and will run you as much combined as all the other furniture. I saw a bed there once that had a bunch of straps woven around the head frame to hang stuff off of, and all those straps would have been almost the price of the bed, plus it looked like a budget BDSM setup.

Yeah, if you’re living in 290 square feet, you’re just going to have to have less stuff. I find something about those well-appointed small spaces to be compelling, though.

Edit:

Scathach posted:

I live in 240sf and it's not bad at all. Everything just has to have two uses and storage is all the gently caress over.

Wow, that’s tight. Do you live in a group home, or some sort of communal living apace, or do you just have a tiny apartment?