Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

EngineerJoe posted:

He's a better painter than a photographer/photoshop artist.

Howard is terrible at photography, so his painting being better is a pretty low bar to clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

an adult beverage posted:

Howard is terrible at photography, so his painting being better is a pretty low bar to clear.

Exactly

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Why are we focusing on the number of legs on the dog and not the fact that it has hooves

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

kylej posted:

The photoshopping is awful but isn't that a tail

Smeep posted:

Why are we focusing on the number of legs on the dog and not the fact that it has hooves

That's just Beth.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Geekslinger posted:

That's just Beth.

That's a horrible thing to say

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

kylej posted:

Received this email this morning from a local dollar saver publication.

Since posting this Gilbert has sold an additional two tickets, bringing the total sold to four.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

kylej posted:

Since posting this Gilbert has sold an additional two tickets, bringing the total sold to four.

Are you sure it wasn't zero point zero tickets that were sold?

an adult beverage fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 1, 2018

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

That loving pains me to see that... I love Gilbert. :smith:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm telling you guys... Bob Levy :negative:

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I saw Gilbert at Sidesplitters in Tampa. He mocked his opening act and did impressions for the last 10 minutes. It was great.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Did he do Charlie Chaplin? That is my favorite impression where I have never actually heard the original person...

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Lifespan posted:

Did he do Charlie Chaplin? That is my favorite impression where I have never actually heard the original person...

Old Groucho is still the greatest.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Two Kings posted:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
His George Jessel is pretty good.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Just saw some sort of camera crew doing something. Baba Booey'd them.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

wesleywillis posted:

Just saw some sort of camera crew doing something. Baba Booey'd them.

I long for the day that I can Baba Booey someone on TV.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Got a new Sirius trial and been listening to Booey 100.

Just hours and hours of baba booey songs. Amazing.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
Tiny bit of trivia I just heard about Stuttering John (he posted it on Dawg Shed): he made $85,000 on Stern and $400,000 on Leno

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Zoben posted:

Tiny bit of trivia I just heard about Stuttering John (he posted it on Dawg Shed): he made $85,000 on Stern and $400,000 on Leno

I'm surprised he got that much from Stern.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

prefect posted:

I'm surprised he got that much from Stern.

True. He was on the show for 15 years though, and became much more than an intern. I'm a midwest yokel and 85K would be a quite comfortable upper-middle-class living here but in NYC that's pretty base-level, right?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I doubt he was anywhere close to 85K on Stern, it was probably 50K for the show and 35K for the radio show he did and before he got fired from that he was making around that much (plus appearances, stock market, etc). He was extremely upset when he got fired on the air and insinuated that it was a substantial amount of money he was losing.

Also we're talking 85K 20-25 years ago, even adjusting for NYC that's a shitload of cash for answering phones and asking stupid questions, of which he did little by the end of his time there.

And money stretches harder in NYC but it also depends on how you choose to live. You can squeeze into a tiny Manhattan apartment and be apartment-poor or you can live further away and save more money. It's not some crazy "here's your black coffee that'll be $28" alien world. I feel like the parts of NYC that are crazy expensive should be an automatic deterrent for thinking of living there.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Wasn't John doing a lot of appearances too? That would have been a nice supplement to his income. But, he would have been retarded to not take that Leno deal at the time. Also remember that John thought he was going to be a bigger part of The Tonight Show - writing bits, doing sketches, being Jay's sidekick, etc. I think John dropped the ball though - being featured every night on the Tonight Show is great exposure and he should have been capitalizing and doing tons of gigs during his stint there.

I do wonder if he stayed and made it to Sirius if he would have gotten more money and maybe his own show again on 101 or whatever? Also Stern never fires anyone so he would likely still be on the show and not doing whatever pathetic poo poo he's up to now. In hindsight I think he should have stayed, but at the time you can't pass up being featured every night on the Tonight Show. Also in hindsight Richard + Sal > Stuttering John.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Two Kings posted:

Meant old Groucho...

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Zoben posted:

85k to 400k to now minimum wage

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Zoben posted:

True. He was on the show for 15 years though, and became much more than an intern. I'm a midwest yokel and 85K would be a quite comfortable upper-middle-class living here but in NYC that's pretty base-level, right?

Eh, no. I make less than that now and I live in a large apartment by myself (it's in the Bronx, but still).

When I was growing up (i.e., when Stuttering John was still on the show), my mom made significantly less than that, and we lived in Jackson Heights comfortably.

Crotch Bat posted:

Also we're talking 85K 20-25 years ago, even adjusting for NYC that's a shitload of cash for answering phones and asking stupid questions, of which he did little by the end of his time there.

And money stretches harder in NYC but it also depends on how you choose to live. You can squeeze into a tiny Manhattan apartment and be apartment-poor or you can live further away and save more money. It's not some crazy "here's your black coffee that'll be $28" alien world. I feel like the parts of NYC that are crazy expensive should be an automatic deterrent for thinking of living there.

I bet if you tried really hard, you could find black coffee for $28 in NYC. This is still a good post.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
How much did he get for his recording contact?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbaC6yBpRXI

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

YeahTubaMike posted:

Eh, no. I make less than that now and I live in a large apartment by myself (it's in the Bronx, but still).

When I was growing up (i.e., when Stuttering John was still on the show), my mom made significantly less than that, and we lived in Jackson Heights comfortably.

I bet if you tried really hard, you could find black coffee for $28 in NYC. This is still a good post.

See, that's why I ask, I don't really know. I live in Madison, WI and haven't ever been to NYC, much less lived there. I know that black coffee doesn't cost a hundred bucks. I'm mainly talking about rent, utilities, overall cost of living.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I think John got more money from the E! show than he ever did from the radio show. I'd say he deffo earned it there, considering all the times he got punched in the line of duty.

Hell, he probs made a lot of money from Sharon Stone after she punched him in the face.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

John lived in NJ after he moved out of his manhatten apt. Iirc.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

euphronius posted:

John lived in NJ after he moved out of his manhatten apt. Iirc.

He also had a second home somewhere either upstate or on Long Island.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

prefect posted:

Was it a rental ? Probably

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

The Jackie Martling school of real estate investment.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

prefect posted:

Is that the one Gange and Grillo refused to vacate when he tried to kick them out?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sand Monster posted:

Is that the one Gange and Grillo refused to vacate when he tried to kick them out?

That was the manhatten apt iirc

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joyWif6-cOE&t=7s

From Toothy Dancing

Turkina_Prime fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 3, 2018

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Moniker posted:

I long for the day that I can Baba Booey someone on TV.

I'm with you. I've had so many opportunities to do it, but it's always been at our state fair, and getting kicked out with my two kids... That would be a bad look.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The only funny thing JD ever did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99wPY-lnd0Y

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Counterpoint: JD canceling Ronnie's car show was loving hilarious

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Looking forward to Tuesday for the Brett vs Mehmet IQ test. There are not enough staff fights since Artie left and Turk took over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Jimble Kimble got in a "Hit 'em with the Hein" at the end of the Oscars.