Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Avirosb posted:

https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/status/969377687113314304
I like how the cropped image makes it look like Trump wears too small pants.

Haha look you libs all driven crazy because every time I drink my coffee I pretend to make out with Trump. Man you guys keep giving me weird looks when I do it. Triggered much, snowflakes? Haha look how upset HR libs get when I mention it’s a KKK mug loudly to everyone who walks by-wait why is security and my boss coming to my desk with a box? MY FREE SPEECH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Somehow missed the fact that Garrison named his dumb mug "KKK" until a cspammer pointed it out lol

Haha gonna own those libs so hard by pricing it at $14.88 plus shipping

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Dr Cheeto posted:

Somehow missed the fact that Garrison named his dumb mug "KKK" until a cspammer pointed it out lol

Haha gonna own those libs so hard by pricing it at $14.88 plus shipping

Did he actually? It shows me the price in Canadian dollars, but given it shows as $19.45 CAD I'd absolutely believe it was $14.88 before it converted.

Prism fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 2, 2018

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Prism posted:

Did he actually? It shows me the price in Canadian dollars, but it's in the range that I'd absolutely believe it was $14.88 before it converted.

$14.99 unfortunately

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Sorry I was just making a joke but Poe's Law is an absolute motherfucker

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

loquacius posted:

$14.99 unfortunately

Ah, well.

It shows as $19.45 CAD, and $14.88 USD would be $19.15 CAD today, so it was totally believable.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Sorry I was just making a joke but Poe's Law is an absolute motherfucker

Yeah... yeah.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Fister Roboto posted:

Prickly City is literally this

but unironically
What's great is that you can tell Watterson drew each panel individually, even when the joke is that they're identical and he could have just copied them. :allears:

e: Ugh, Prickly City is bad enough, but those Calvin & Hobbes strips posted are making me genuinely mad at how hard PC fails at trying to be it.

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Mar 2, 2018

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

Avirosb posted:

Someone needs to capitalize on this and print a mug with Trump's rear end on it.

Peever
Nov 14, 2004

This shit's chess, it ain't checkers! Shit. They build jails 'cause of me.
Does Trump even have a neck? Also why is he ripping his shirt off?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

He got too fat for it.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

despite the rhetoric, Obama didn't take away nearly as many guns as he should have. AGC

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Panty Saluter posted:

despite the rhetoric, Obama didn't take away nearly as many guns as he should have. AGC

I think that is :thejoke:

Poe's Law, etc.

Though I don't expect the NRA to even acknowledge Trump's call to take the guns irl.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

loquacius posted:

$14.99 unfortunately

I've got 99 problems but 14 words ain't one

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Polygynous posted:

I think that is :thejoke:

Poe's Law, etc.

Though I don't expect the NRA to even acknowledge Trump's call to take the guns irl.

you know, on re-read I'm not sure either.

Looking back, I'm not sure Gen X bringing ironic/sarcastic humor to the forefront in the 90s was a good thing

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

*looks around thread*
.......ok, if none of you are going to grab the low hanging fruit I'll go ahead and do it:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The best part about that mug is in order for anyone to know it’s Trump you have to actively point it out to people it’s a kissing Trump mug because Garrison’s hard on for daddy Trump caricature looks nothing like the real person

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Avirosb posted:

I have to say, as a delicate snowflake liberal, I am incredibly triggered by this. Please stop making things like this Ben Garrison!!!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I love all the backstory in the sentence "drive your friends and family crazy", because he knows his audience is petty loving assholes that no one can stand.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

loquacius posted:

$14.99 unfortunately

99 stands for "im idiot" so it fits.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Zivilyn Bane posted:

K offee
K iss
K up

:what:

KKK? That's not good!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Samurai Sanders posted:

I watched the first two episodes but stopped. Given that I’ve read all the mangas it’s based on, I’d have to be way more into voice acting gags than I am to appreciate the anime.

If you've read the original, you're safe just watching the one sketch that everyone says is the best one in each episode, like that music video, the hellshank yano from earlier in the thread or the battles without honor or humanity sketch from last week's.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It's a twelve minute anime

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I can't believe it's real. I can't believe Garrison sat down and went, yes a mug that looks like you're making out with musclegod Trump is a great idea! And I'll call it a KKK mug!

https://twitter.com/iball/status/969379613599260674?s=19

Right. Right.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My working theory is that Garrison made this mug to be a Superman reference, but then someone pointed out that to drink from it you'd have to basically put your mouth right where Trump's mouth is and that's like kissing a man and that makes me feel uncomfortable :(

and rather than figuring out how to make the mug work so that it's still legible and still recognizably a person tearing open their shirt to reveal a POTUS seal Superman outfit, Garrison decided to just lean into it and call it a kiss mug, ironically ofc

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

do u think that trump gets embarrassed when straight men fantasize about kissing him to own the libs??? sorry if this ofends anyone but i thought it was a funny thing haha. 

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The best part about that mug is in order for anyone to know it’s Trump you have to actively point it out to people it’s a kissing Trump mug because Garrison’s hard on for daddy Trump caricature looks nothing like the real person

To anyone watching you drink it would look more like your eating his brains :zombie:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Picnic Princess posted:

do u think that trump gets embarrassed when straight men fantasize about kissing him to own the libs??? sorry if this ofends anyone but i thought it was a funny thing haha. 

Yes yes, but what do you think his sweat tastes like?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Picnic Princess posted:

do u think that trump gets embarrassed

no

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Jurgan posted:

JFK blown away, what else do I have to say!

OH NO, A BROWN PERSON!

not just a brown person, but a brown person that cut this promo on trump the day of his election

quote:

Today, we woke up feeling like strangers in a foreign land, because yesterday Americans expressed their views on a pluralistic and democratic society that are clearly inconsistent with the values of the people of California.

We have never been more proud to be Californians.

By a margin in the millions, Californians overwhelmingly rejected politics fueled by resentment, bigotry, and misogyny.

The largest state of the union and the strongest driver of our nation’s economy has shown it has its surest conscience as well.

California is – and must always be – a refuge of justice and opportunity for people of all walks, talks, ages and aspirations – regardless of how you look, where you live, what language you speak, or who you love.

California has long set an example for other states to follow. And California will defend its people and our progress. We are not going to allow one election to reverse generations of progress at the height of our historic diversity, scientific advancement, economic output, and sense of global responsibility.

We will be reaching out to federal, state and local officials to evaluate how a Trump Presidency will potentially impact federal funding of ongoing state programs, job-creating investments reliant on foreign trade, and federal enforcement of laws affecting the rights of people living in our state. We will maximize the time during the presidential transition to defend our accomplishments using every tool at our disposal.

While Donald Trump may have won the presidency, he hasn’t changed our values. America is greater than any one man or party. We will not be dragged back into the past. We will lead the resistance to any effort that would shred our social fabric or our Constitution.

California was not a part of this nation when its history began, but we are clearly now the keeper of its future.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

TasogareNoKagi posted:

To anyone watching you drink it would look more like your eating his brains :zombie:

lol id be like why are you drinking from an empty cup :coal:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

not just a brown person, but a brown person that cut this promo on trump the day of his election

I like him less now

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

TasogareNoKagi posted:

Is the picture on both sides of the mug? More likely it's just blank on the back, and to anyone else it looks like your drinking out of a regular coffee cup. Only you know that you are secretly making out with the president. Take that libtards!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

loquacius posted:

I like him less now

well then I'm sorry to say you're objectively a moron

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I used to hateread Prickly City but it's somehow gotten even worse that I can't even look at it. I'd rather read Jon Arbuckle drinking dog cum 100 times over that.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

seiferguy posted:

I used to hateread Prickly City but it's somehow gotten even worse that I can't even look at it. I'd rather read Jon Arbuckle drinking dog cum 100 times over that.

That would make a surreal Garfield Minus Garfield.

"GARFIELD! What did you do to my Coffee!"
*empty panel*

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Theresa May's big Brexit speech – Former UK prime ministers John Major and Tony Blair have dismissed Theresa May’s Brexit strategy, which she is due to flesh out in a speech on Friday"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Mona Lisa could hit the road on French tour, says culture minister After Leonardo.

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on... Marks and Spencer's 'granny pants'

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

I dont know posted:

Is the picture on both sides of the mug? More likely it's just blank on the back, and to anyone else it looks like your drinking out of a regular coffee cup. Only you know that you are secretly making out with the president. Take that libtards!

No in the Twitter replies he says that it's printed on both sides.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

well then I'm sorry to say you're objectively a moron

California supremacists are super annoying, fam

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

OAquinas posted:

That would make a surreal Garfield Minus Garfield.

"GARFIELD! What did you do to my Coffee!"
*empty panel*

You don't have to imagine it, it was a real thing:

Jim Davis has tried to explain that it's not that, but...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Zivilyn Bane posted:

That Prickly City arc is seriously going to end with "maybe the Trump administration isn't so bad after all. I mean our toilets and showers still work.”
Christ.

When the first comic was civil rights, I insanely began to hope that it would be,
Woman’s sufferage, worker’s rights/child labor, slavery, democracy itself. All of which are incredibly relevant to Stanis’ stand in.