Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Nanomashoes posted:

Chaos are posadists.

Like a po'boy, but not as delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Nurgle is a utilitarian, he just also values bacterial life as equal to animal and sentient life.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

rudatron posted:

Nurgle is a utilitarian, he just also values bacterial life as equal to animal and sentient life.

was googling to learn more about this loony alt right personality

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

This guy knows what's up

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Skaven are the alt right because they live underground, they eat unnatural substances to amplify their power, and their females are shackled underground and used solely for breeding

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Business Gorillas posted:

Skaven are the alt right because they live underground, they eat unnatural substances to amplify their power, and their females are shackled underground and used solely for breeding

Not to mention they have a deep, seething hatred for the Tumblr god

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Also they're literally a joke about neo-nazis. That's why they think their race is the purest, have things called Stormvermin, yet are constantly at each others throats. Also the government refuses to admit they're a problem.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

google permabans infowars DC bureau 'chief'

twitter is getting 'outside help' in assessing the depth of its cesspit

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Grondoth posted:

Also they're literally a joke about neo-nazis. That's why they think their race is the purest, have things called Stormvermin, yet are constantly at each others throats. Also the government refuses to admit they're a problem.
Hah. Their symbols look like swastikas too.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Grondoth posted:

:stare:

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

it turns out back before a bunch of nerds who took the whole thing entirely seriously took over, games workshop's stuff had occasional flashes of genius

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

SKREEK-SNIK SAYS: I ALWAYS TAKES 2 CAPSULES OF BRAIN WARP PLUS BEFORE GOING OUT KILLING MAN THINGS

CONTAINS REAL WARPSTONE YES YES

otoh Skaven Alex Jones ranting about demons and goblins would make a lot more sense

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

The official line has always been there may be a few mutants who end up looking like ratmen, but there's certainly no large groups of them that are organizing to take over society.
It's pretty fuckin' bang on

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Ze Pollack posted:

it turns out back before a bunch of nerds who took the whole thing entirely seriously took over, games workshop's stuff had occasional flashes of genius

SLAM SECTOR

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Weev also found the SPLC's corkboard funny, but for different reasons:

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 19:07 on Mar 2, 2018

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yo Glenn, hire me.

I dig the Trotsky look he's rocking lately.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Yo Glenn, hire me.

who's the chaos undivided champion?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Yo Glenn, hire me.

what is this guy's appeal anymore, he can't possibly have an audience can he

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Yo Glenn, hire me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that made the Trotsky connection

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
they've been lining up so many Colonel Sanders actors lately he's just hoping to stay employed

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Flavius Belisarius posted:

who's the chaos undivided champion?
dugin is a russian political theorist who is big on esoteric bullshit and facism obsessed with eurasian supremacy.
the symbol below him belongs to dugin’s eurasia party, which are pretty much nazi bolsheviks.

Darkman Fanpage has issued a correction as of 19:51 on Mar 2, 2018

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Flavius Belisarius posted:

they've been lining up so many Colonel Sanders actors lately he's just hoping to stay employed

tbf glenn beck and like james carville as colonel sanders fighting over left and right chicken wings would be an ok premise for a commercial

hire me kfc

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Yo Glenn, hire me.

Thank you Colonel Sanders for routing out Chaos worshippers in Kislev. No more will the machinations of Tzeentch blind us to Sigmar's truth.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Office Pig posted:

what is this guy's appeal anymore, he can't possibly have an audience can he

republicans who understand that they've lost control of the grift and are tired of getting shamed at cocktail parties for trump

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

Darkman Fanpage posted:

dugin is a russian political theorist who is big on esoteric bullshit and facism obsessed with eurasian supremacy.
the symbol below him belongs to dugin’s eurasia party, which are pretty much nazi bolsheviks.

Specifically the Eurasia Party is a rebranding of the National Bolshevik Faction which Dugin split off from Limonov's regular old Nazbol party. AFAIK the NBF is still around, but they're like a shitkicking skinhead racist/sexist/homophobic gang whereas the EP is a "respectable" political wing that gives Dugin the cover of electoral legitimacy.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Yo Glenn, hire me.

wait, is beck trying to pivot to #theresistance now?

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He pivoted right before the election like a moron

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
beck and olbermann don't seem to realize that their time is long past and nobody gives a gently caress

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

They should do a show together. The odd couple but with political diatribes.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Olberman's still ok as the talking whale on Bojack, maybe they should just let him be a cartoon talking whale on everything

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Yo Glenn, hire me.

so whats his deal now? is he blaming nazis on the progressives now like he always did or did trump break his brain so hard that he turned into a lib.

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so whats his deal now? is he blaming nazis on the progressives now like he always did or did trump break his brain so hard that he turned into a lib.

Back when Trump got elected he did a mea culpa once he realized that holy poo poo Donald J. Trump is the president of the United States of America and everyone's going crazy what the gently caress

To be honest, I think I hate guys like Glenn Beck the most out of these hucksters. I don't really *hate* the crazy, true believers like Buchanan, or the amoral talking heads that only want a paycheck. What makes me hate Beck is that he knows he did a bad thing by peddling lies and eroding public discourse, but still did it anyway. It's the fact that sometimes the mask slips and that there's some shriveled moral barometer in there, but he made no effort to follow it. It's kinda like it's worse to have the capacity to be moral and choose not to, than to be a psychopath who simply doesn't have the brain configuration to understand morals in the first place.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
i don't think we should start rehabilitating the image of beck like people have been doing for bush

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
you left out the best part: that his mea culpa was hosted and supported by sam bee of the daily show/lobbying to keep her kids' manhattan school segregated fame

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Goon Danton posted:

They should do a show together. The odd couple but with political diatribes.

The secret of a show like that working is that both would need a intellectual conscience. And any conservative with that has been ran out ages ago. A conservative with a intellectual conscience left the republican party over the Torture is good thing/lying about the Iraq war.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Specifically the Eurasia Party is a rebranding of the National Bolshevik Faction which Dugin split off from Limonov's regular old Nazbol party. AFAIK the NBF is still around, but they're like a shitkicking skinhead racist/sexist/homophobic gang whereas the EP is a "respectable" political wing that gives Dugin the cover of electoral legitimacy.

Wait there are three nazbol parties in Russia?

That's trot levels of splitting

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

Dreddout posted:

Wait there are three nazbol parties in Russia?

That's trot levels of splitting

the original Nazbols under Limonov were avant-garde Stalinists, and Dugin didn’t like the commitment to communism so he formed the NBF as a fascist splitter party. almost everyone online who pretends to be a nazbol is influenced by the Duginists.

Eurasia Party isn’t so much a “split” as it is an actual political party and not just a criminal gang.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

He's always been a moderate liberal, what you see on TV and the Internet is a character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
Let me plug a friend's project: facebook.tracking.exposed is a project to gather as much data as possible on the Facebook algorithm, and figure out how Facebook decides what news you're going to see on your feed

A recent, relevant finding of the project is that Facebook fascists get a repetitive bombardment of shallow fascist propaganda: mostly photo posts, mostly from fascist pages, and relatively few posts, repeated ad nauseam, multiple times a day

"Michele" is the bot pretending to be a fascist. The vertical axis is how many times the posts were repeated - the bar at the top (29 repetitions) is composed of just three posts. This is probably for two reasons: Facebook only shows you things that you agree with, and fascist sources have a much smaller output than more "moderate" sources. So if you are a fascist, it doesn't matter if you follow pages from the whole political spectrum: fascist stuff is what you're going to see, even if it means seeing the same three posts once, twice a day, for three weeks

I wonder what were the "mainstream" posts repeated so often up there in the 13-19 range. I should ask the guy for the dataset

Other posts on Medium show more data, like the distribution of post types (a fascist news feed is 80-90% photo posts)