Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I like the buffs to Farseer. I hated how Orc became the Blademaster class in TFT. Orc vs Orc and especially Orc vs Human could now move to a place where both BM and FS are viable first hero's - the increased HP of the wolves giving FS an improved creep clear and the lower exp from wolves dying being less punishing on micro fails (extra wolves HP helping with this too). I still think BM will be first choice in the NE and UD match ups due to DK sniping with BM/Hex and Blademasters ability to compete with DH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

little munchkin posted:

drat, they went really conservative with those changes, i was hoping for some changes to non-hero units. Back to massing crypt fiends.

Does anyone who is actually good at the game see this patch affecting the meta at all? Dreadlord is the only one who stands out to me.

Well they said specifically that they didn't want to turn over the meta, just to make these changes and see what happens. The Blade nerf is big but we probably needed some kind of a DH or Beastmaster nerf to compensate, Far Seer could become a pick in other matchups but vNE wolves still suck vs wisps.

The DL buff has the potential to completely change UDvHU since you now have another option vs. tanks and gyros.

The biggest thing will be making sure that anti-cheat protections and monitoring get rebuilt into WC3 BNet, without that in place nobody good will want to put serious time into 1.29.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait to play again and do match making this time with the rush of other garbage tier players like me.

Sushi Face
Oct 11, 2006

Tastes like funk
Well if anyone fancies some newbie games, where we try and remember how to play and get better, add "Sush" on Europe or East.

Really want to get into this properly and some casual games would be good as ladder is scary times.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
The Blizzard warcraft 3 invitational event is today and tomorrow, https://www.twitch.tv/back2warcraft

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Zorodius posted:

The Blizzard warcraft 3 invitational event is today and tomorrow, https://www.twitch.tv/back2warcraft

Haha, they're playing 4v4's. :cool:

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

dang near pooped my pants when they started talking about highperch

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Some great games from what I saw. Also Grubby in the solos used units I thought I'd never see in a 1v1, worth a watch too.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

time for a joke posted:

dang near pooped my pants when they started talking about highperch

What did they say about them?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

schmitty9800 posted:

The last unique Blizzard game was Lost Vikings (or I guess Diablo 1 maybe counts)

Warcraft is Dune/C&C with Warhammer themes
StarCraft is Warcraft with WH40K themes
WOW is Everquest with Warcraft themes
HOTS is DOTA with their own characters
Hearthstone is Magic with Warcraft themes
Overwatch is TF2 with LGBTQ characters

Don't know about Dune instead I used to play the old C&Cs but other than being RTS games I would consider them pretty different.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

emdash posted:

the balance changes for those who care:

Holy poo poo

e:I think I'm just shocked because I don't keep up with updates enough to remember so many changes all at once.

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Mar 4, 2018

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I was checking in this thread to see if there were any announcements regarding the remaster of WC3. Assuming it will integrate with OG WC3 like the starcraft remaster, I think the patch is a hint that they are getting things ready to launch. 24 player custom maps sounds like absolute chaos. I think Life of a Peasant style maps would benefit from having a big player pool though. Maybe something close to a round of Space Station 13?

Circa 2005, WC3 and Diablo 2 ruled everything around me. A remaster of WC3 and subsequent larger online population for custom maps... I'm excited. I'll play the campaign from start to finish again, for probably the fifth time or so. I'm also waiting on the release of official classic WoW, and the WC3 storyline is the perfect recap before diving into that mess again.

This poo poo is the biggest nostalgia bomb for me since CS:GO.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
I miss spending countless hours in WC3 custom maps. SC2 and Dota 2 custom maps suck.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
There are some very impressive SC2 maps. Imagine how great it could have been if Blizzard hadn't screwed up the entire custom game ecosystem.

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

i don't know who's who but he was asking the other host if he remembered the map highperch. then he went on to butcher the actual strategy and said you can only get up there with archmage mass tp [citation needed]

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Cant wait to play some more DBZ Tribute 5.1

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

DBZ Tribute with Beerus :chanpop:

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

part 1, part 2

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Is there a singular WC3 wiki? You can find stuff on wow-merged pedia and just eh.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is there a singular WC3 wiki? You can find stuff on wow-merged pedia and just eh.

not as far as i know

if you just want to look up how many hp an abomination has or whatever there's always http://classic.battle.net/war3/. if it's lore wowwiki is usually more comprehensive than it probably should be

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

There are some very impressive SC2 maps. Imagine how great it could have been if Blizzard hadn't screwed up the entire custom game ecosystem.
The interface seems fine now at least. In fact the whole bnet interface is pretty drat good now. The only things I hate are the chat system (wish you could separate channels more) and the lack of published stats like War3 had.

edit: I miss the war3-style tournaments too actually

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I was playing through the campaign before the ptr dropped.. any chance theres a way to move my save files over? I cant even find where the save files are located now that I dig into it

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Patch 1.29 is now live! But... it's broken for me and most other people and Blizzard have said that they're working on a hot fix.

Full list of changes: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762137149?page=1

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Been waiting for this to drop. Hopefully the issues are fixed soon! Excited for the new colours.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Flayer posted:

Been waiting for this to drop. Hopefully the issues are fixed soon! Excited for the new colours.

I managed to get it working by logging in as Root User and installing it that way (on Mac). :D

If you're having trouble installing on PC then there's some steps that might get it working (basically involves purging all Blizzard/BattleNet mentions from your computer): https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762097041

It sounds like they won't release a fix til next week otherwise, so not ideal if you want to play this weekend.

Mata
Dec 23, 2003
I really want to do a 24-player FFA, does anybody know any discords/forums/communities where these things are being setup? I'm not really in touch with the war3 community anymore.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Huh. So I've just encountered something... strange, replaying the WC3 campaigns.

For some reason, everything above that red line... the game refuses to recognize as Blight, despite, well... yeah. I can build stuff like that second Necropolis, but anything else... nope. It's strange. Any idea why? And it very specifically cites the need for Blight as the reason I can't build there.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Been finding quite a few 4v4 RT games since the patch which has been fun. It's good to see the age old tradition of calling each other noobs is still around 10 years later since I last played. :unsmith:

BlazetheInferno posted:

Huh. So I've just encountered something... strange, replaying the WC3 campaigns.

For some reason, everything above that red line... the game refuses to recognize as Blight, despite, well... yeah. I can build stuff like that second Necropolis, but anything else... nope. It's strange. Any idea why? And it very specifically cites the need for Blight as the reason I can't build there.

The campaigns are quite broken atm so it doesn't surprise me. Apparently the Founding of Durotar is unplayable due to frequent crashes when loading zones so there's that to look forward to.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's a shame wow blew up - we woulda had wc4 by now. though considering their output since wc3 i don't know if that would've been a good or bad thing.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's a shame wow blew up - we woulda had wc4 by now. though considering their output since wc3 i don't know if that would've been a good or bad thing.

probably would've been good as rampant wowism wouldn't have been able to metastasise to the extent it did

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
CORRUPTION

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

Its sad because it feels like the RTS genre is dead at the moment but I am sure that will change in the next few years.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Mooseontheloose posted:

Its sad because it feels like the RTS genre is dead at the moment but I am sure that will change in the next few years.
It's dead because MOBAs came along and stole the playerbase for that type of game (THANKS FOR STARTING THAT, WC3 DOTA).

Played a few 1v1 games post patch on the Bnet servers. All seems good. Liking the new Farseer - 1 Wisp can no longer dispel a lvl1 Spirit Wolf. gently caress yeah.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

no one wants to acknowledge it but mobas are RTS games

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
When the hell is WC3 HD remaster getting announced. We know its coming you goddamn hack frauds just tell us already.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Gildiss posted:

When the hell is WC3 HD remaster getting announced. We know its coming you goddamn hack frauds just tell us already.

My guess is Blizzcon, since I don't think they have anything else notable to announce.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

*nods sagely, slides over a card reading Techy Type: Short With Beard, Mechanical Arm*

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Prav posted:

no one wants to acknowledge it but mobas are RTS games

action-rts was always the better name for the genre too bad the folks at riot are poo poo at naming everything.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
LOMA, please.

MOBA makes no sense because that describes literally every game ever. (Plus why does a LOMA need to be online?)
FARTS doesn't really make sense because it's not strategic, and doesn't really have any RTS elements besides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I can't wait to play DOTA HD.