Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Glad you're getting your fangs sorted, Dave. While America seems to have a bit of a weird standard with what constitutes "good" teeth, you were kind of in need of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Im on two prescribed Hydrocodone 10-325s and my god I'm in agony. Handed the rest of the script back and asked my cousin to hold onto and ration them out for me, even though I never had problems with painkillers in the long term. I just dont want to blaze through them and have one hosed up night and then not have anything to help tomorrow or the day after. Because this hurts so bad I could see popping another two on principle

Good call. Beats an accidental OD too, I hear the poo poo they use to counter those is no fun at all.

Heal up, man. That was some hardcore dentistry.

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic

InitialDave posted:

Glad you're getting your fangs sorted, Dave. While America seems to have a bit of a weird standard with what constitutes "good" teeth, you were kind of in need of it.

'Ave ye still got double-digit choppers in yer ol pudding packer then, mate?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
WTF my grandma just had some teeth she could yank in and out are you getting the full-on James Bond villain teeth to gnaw through rusty bolts?

This guy is a liar

IS IT PAINFUL?
Most of our implant patients are surprised at the uneventful healing period after having an implant placed. “It was easier than having the tooth taken out!” is a common description.

Elephanthead fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 2, 2018

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

I love your mind. I may be getting both of my "eye teeth" removed and replaced with surgical implants. The left one now has a cracked root and right one is starting to slowly poo poo the bed - both are peg teeth that have had composites over the top of them for close to 20 years. Goon speed!

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

InitialDave posted:

Yeah, sore teeth are just a constant drag that make everything else in life depressing and difficult. Getting them fixed will be an enormous blessing in the long term.

Hang in there, Dave. You will be glad to have done this once it's over.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
You got this, bud. Glad you're getting them fixed.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

You are the loving man Dave. Glad you're getting the lovely part over with - but you'll love the results in the end.
You'll have a couple of lovely days, then things will be so much better.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Adiabatic posted:

Amen, brother.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Adiabatic posted:

Yeeee

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

ausgezeichnet
Sep 18, 2005

In my country this is definitely not offensive!
Nap Ghost
Hang in there, Dave - the worst part should be over. It's gong to be a lot better with a fairly normal set of biters.

Just don't go as far as this freak did:

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005
You are one brave fucker.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Adiabatic posted:

In addition to making it easier to eat and look normal, this is probably the best long-term health decision you can make, Dick. I had a friend go into a coma with an abscessed tooth so it's a drat good thing that you're getting all of that rot scraped out of your mouth.

Also I live less than a mile away from your old Firestone shop. I pass by it every day and when I really have to fart I think about stopping in to deliver a message from Dave and blasting rear end.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

I didn't want to say it because I know he'll do it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Final tally from yesterday, 1 implant couldnt be worked into a secure depth due to the size of my jaw nerves, take a look at the little holes in the lower jaw and see how huge those are. Also the dentist said I was a 10/10 complexity. Got 3 implants done, got the bone graft, uppers are too infected to numb up so im on antibiotics and norcos. Going back to bed

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

There's a good bit of gore on some of those bits.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So that's like what, $15,000 worth of work or so? :v:

Seriously though, this will be much better for you once it's all done. No more chronic tooth infections!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That's legitimately like $15k worth of work, no :v: required. America! :smith:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Oh I know. If anythng 15k is lowballing it.
I know two people who need work done, less stuff than Dave, and they've been quoted like 7K.

Dentistry is expensive yo.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Those toothy bits appear to be metric. 355.6mm Dick

Also those of us in England get a bad rep for our teeth but I don’t know anybody who has had implants and loads of you guys appear to.
I suspect my teeth may not be as straight or as white as yours but it appears they may however be more structurally sound!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Dick's mouth is the biturbo of dentistry.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I know of a woman who was considering mortgaging her property to pay for $50k of implant work.

e. not a wealthy woman, just owns a little plot with a house that I think she inhereted, she's in at least her 60s maybe, and I think my advice was "for gently caress's sake just get dentures" because, holy moly.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Tomarse posted:

Also those of us in England get a bad rep for our teeth but I don’t know anybody who has had implants and loads of you guys appear to.
I suspect my teeth may not be as straight or as white as yours but it appears they may however be more structurally sound!

To be fair a bunch of nerds on the internet may not be the best place to look for oral hygiene.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I will nth the recommendation for ibuprofen for dental pain.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

I will nth the recommendation for ibuprofen for dental pain.

Vicodin didn't do poo poo for me when I got my wisdom teeth removed. 800mg of ibuprofen was a godsend.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tomarse posted:

The US actually has worse teeth than the UK, by the metric of average loss of teeth, I believe. But the difference is our "good" teeth are often perfectly healthy, strong ones that aren't as white or uniform as the daytime TV standard dictates.

I certainly do no some people with loving awful teeth, but older people in a factory environment (many of whom are from countries where the idea of "dental work" would have been loose at best back in the day), but most people's teeth are, well, normal.

Leperflesh posted:

I know of a woman who was considering mortgaging her property to pay for $50k of implant work.
That's impressive. Might even be more so if you don't mean dentistry.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Don't gently caress up your teeth, kids:

Dave and I used a buy-one-get-one coupon!

Kidding aside, I knocked out a bunch of teeth while loving around in high school and hey who knew but the ramifications are unpleasant for the rest of your life. Funny timing, but I too just had two more implants put in this morning. $8800 for the two new ones, the outside two are ~18 years old now, but in 4 months once I'm all healed up this should be good to go. Ironically I had great teeth before impacting solid objects with my face, haven't even had a cavity as an adult.

My rough guess is Dave's pro-bono dentist would be charging $35k+ for all this work. Speaking from at least my own (muted by comparison and not due to drugs) experience - the quality of life Dave will experience once he can finish getting through all this trauma will be life-changingly awesome.

Keep at it Dave, this blows now but is another huge turning point for the better!

Tremek fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 3, 2018

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Seminal Flu posted:

There's a good bit of gore on some of those bits.

Its mostly jawbone flakes

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Haha, I broke one of my perfectly fine front teeth in half playing hockey when i was a teenager, luckily there was enough left to make a stump for a crown. Next month I'm having it replaced for the third time because over time as the gum line recedes it looks like poo poo. Gonna get them all nice and white, install a new crown and I'll look like a handsome dude again instead of a guy with coffee stained jacked up teeth :v:

[e] I showed my son the pic of Dave's teeth and he was shocked, "What happened to his teeth??!!!"

So I took advantage of the opportunity......."He didn't brush enough" :colbert:

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 3, 2018

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Applebees Appetizer posted:

[e] I showed my son the pic of Dave's teeth and he was shocked, "What happened to his teeth??!!!"

So I took advantage of the opportunity......."He didn't brush enough" :colbert:

Ive literally done this for random parents IRL haha

And thats why you always leave a note brush a lot

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'm waiting for the end product being revealed with the dentist saying "yeah, I'm pretty happy with that for a first timer" or something.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'm not a dentist, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

My 2 bone graphs, 3 implants and 2 crowns(fixed my teeth k9 to k9) was almost $30k, so I am sure Dave is well over that.

As someone else who let their teeth go to poo poo and is still getting them all fixed(just had the first appointment for a crown this morning), it is the best thing you can do for yourself. It's gonna hurt like a motherfucker for a while, but it is well worth it. Just for the love of God, stop smoking.

Thrasher
Apr 21, 2002

InitialDave posted:

I'm waiting for the end product being revealed with the dentist saying "yeah, I'm pretty happy with that for a first timer" or something.

This is the only end product that Dave should be satisfied with imho :colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lTMiQsMH1g

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

InitialDave posted:

Yeah nah he's ultra qualified, dude did the initial numbing better and faster than any dentist Ive had before. What I didnt know or expect was he was training my cousin as a dental assistant and while she definitely has some experience and has taken classes, she, ah....well it was scary

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Vicodin didn't do poo poo for me when I got my wisdom teeth removed. 800mg of ibuprofen was a godsend.

Ibuprofen warning - 800mg should not be taken on an empty stomach!

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

COOL DICK LUKE posted:

Yeah nah he's ultra qualified, dude did the initial numbing better and faster than any dentist Ive had before. What I didnt know or expect was he was training my cousin as a dental assistant and while she definitely has some experience and has taken classes, she, ah....well it was scary

You're probably going to scare your entire extended family into good oral hygeine just by the stories these two will tell about your mouth.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Kids: "Daddy it's Halloween tell us a scary story!"

14" Dentist: *clicks on flashlight and holds it under chin* "Let me tell you about your cousin, 14", and his terrifying mouth..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

That dentist's office is going to make bank using Dave as "Before and After" advertising.

• Locked thread