Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Threw my normal 10 tickets at bonus units, and got these fools.

Ok, that makes up for Lightning, I forgive you game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

On banner rainbow!

Whyyyyyyyyyyy

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Hmm, Beatrix is rad but how does she stack up to TGC? I could run both but that sweet double Fryevia...

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Hmm, Beatrix is rad but how does she stack up to TGC? I could run both but that sweet double Fryevia...

I recall people saying that her frames were bugged and she couldn't even perfect chain with herself. Curious if this is still the case.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

3 10+1 pulls and 20 tickets later and not a single on banner rainbow to show for it. Thanks Gumi, just let me put down 10k Lapis or whatever and get Beatrix if I want her.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

I recall people saying that her frames were bugged and she couldn't even perfect chain with herself. Curious if this is still the case.

Yeah she whiffs her own chain till she's enhanced and she just recently got enhanced in japan

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
My luck has returned to normal it seems. 11 freebie and 20 tickets nets me 3 Steiners and a boatload of garbage. Can’t really complain considering the amount of rainbows I’ve gotten over the past 3 months, but I always get my hopes up around MK events even if I’m not very excited for the units.

Honestly probably wanted 3 steiners more than either rainbow. But I think my roster is capable of beating everything up to 7* as is and when 7* gets here I’m going to be swimming in options. At this point I really need them to release the cactuar-smashing QoL update more than anything.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Mar 2, 2018

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Holy poo poo is the reward drop a slog this time. Looks like the values are WAY low.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Skyridge posted:

On banner rainbow!

Whyyyyyyyyyyy

I really like my VoL. Can do a lot of damage but does require some weird set ups.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
I've swapped my Noctis for a T.Terra who can solo every event right now.

Her rotation is:
1) Magical Activation
2) dual 0mp Chaos Wave
3) dual 35mp Chaos Wave Awakened
4) repeat until victory.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PDQ Law posted:

I've swapped my Noctis for a T.Terra who can solo every event right now.

Her rotation is:
1) Magical Activation
2) dual 0mp Chaos Wave
3) dual 35mp Chaos Wave Awakened
4) repeat until victory.

What resistances does she need for LGD? I can probably make one too.

My reward for having a daughter named Beatrix was getting Beatrix on a generic ticket pull.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
10+1 ticket got me a rainbow! It was D Fina. I hate this game, and it hates me. Got 2 steiners from 4* tickets, nothing else on banner.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

KDdidit posted:

What resistances does she need for LGD? I can probably make one too.

My reward for having a daughter named Beatrix was getting Beatrix on a generic ticket pull.

I've seen mobs use lightning and ice, and Beatrix uses lightning magic and a paralysis attack. I assume the mobs also use fire for lore reasons, but I haven't seen it yet.
If you're skipping the mobs you only need 100% lightning resistance. However, the LGD mobs drop 7-8 currency per round this time, instead of just 1.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Can an Eiko or Beatrix solo LGD? I have my Eiko built for MAG but haven't given her a run at it yet. Thinking maybe with a Steiner using a Chaos Grenade, but what's the best free MAG buff I can have Steiner use on her from gear/Esper? Faith?

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 2, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Kjermzs posted:

Is anyone else available as a carry for the raid? I've got arisu, Hagie, B.U.T.Tz and NinjaD added already. Another goon or two would be awesome. My ID is 055.666.986

Done. High five, Trance Terra buddy!

May switch for a little bit over to my 100% Evade Fohlen for the Areanea trial.

Also, what are the strategies for LGD?

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
Time to dump some tickets for bonus units:

1st 10 + 1 ticket: TTerra #2, Prishe #2

2nd: nothing useful

Daily: meh

Free: meh

4* ticket: Vanille. Meh.

15 tickets: Fryevia! (#1, Gold -> Rainbow is always fun), 5 Black Waltz, Balthier, Steiner

Jesus gently caress, I don't care if I didn't get an on-banner rainbow, 4 5* in one morning is something I'll never complain about.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Freebie and daily pull was meh.

10+ got me:

Cor and Zyrus have cool TMs, too. maybe my luck with 10+1 is turning around? Maybe?

I usually try for three bonus units in these kinds of events. I started with a 4* ticket and got Steiner. Burned through a chunk of tickets, #1 and #2 weren’t bonus units. #3 went blue->gold->rainbow.

However, I had to wait until my 10th ticket to pull a third dang bonus unit, which was Black Waltz. I even had multiple golds that didn’t give me a second Steiner! What gives!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Remember in LGD enemies besides the boss and bonus mobs only drop one King Mog currency and you can escape from them too. If you're soloing with a 100% evade and lightning resistance character just flee from the other mobs and just kill any bonus mobs and the boss.

10+1 got me a Black Waltz, a 4* and 3 3*s got me two Steiners so I think I'm good for this KM event.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Office Thug posted:

All my goon buddies are quite active (except CryHavoc but I'm not removing my sweet prince) so I only have 3 spots! Please kick me off your list once you're done with the event to allow others to add me. My ID is 209,464,963

Still full, but I changed to a 100% evade Noctis that can solo the raid and Aranea. For the LGD event, bring someone with Escape so you can skip all the normal fights.

Just warp strike -> point-blank warp-strike until stuff is dead. Use Point Warp if you need more MP, or if you get jabbed by thunder attacks by Beatrix, but Noctis should survive even if she uses 4 thunder attacks in a row.

Edit: Also was told in Discord you could buy friend slots so now I have plenty of room :downs:, feel free to add me and keep me around!

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 2, 2018

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I'm in the 'not sure how to feel about this' camp today. I got VoF#2 off the free 10+1, and Fryevia#2 off tickets for bonus units but, well, neither one of them seem to be useful for anything now except another needle for a letters and arms mage. Do their 7 star forms not suck?

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

WebDO posted:

I'm in the 'not sure how to feel about this' camp today. I got VoF#2 off the free 10+1, and Fryevia#2 off tickets for bonus units but, well, neither one of them seem to be useful for anything now except another needle for a letters and arms mage. Do their 7 star forms not suck?

Fryevia is a global exclusive so we don't know what her 7* will be yet, but she's probably going to get her enhancements soon and she'll probably be extremely good again. VoF's 7* is apparently pretty lovely unfortunately.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Grabbed someones (Sirius?) 100% evade WoL. Set up iNicholas dualing illusions, and Ace on mana battery. Now to repeat my way to victory against Aranea. Originally tried with my own tank, but forgot to re-break her attack, and wiped.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Done. High five, Trance Terra buddy!

May switch for a little bit over to my 100% Evade Fohlen for the Areanea trial.

Also, what are the strategies for LGD?

Was my TT actually useful? I’ve only been playing for a couple week but I’m pumping everything in to her.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Well I just had... Fun

Decided to use some 4* tickets to go for Steiner and shiny sword TMRs. Used 3, got a Steiner on pull 2. Pull 3.... Turns into a rainbow!

Fryevia #3

Keeping par with my "get a chainer and then get 2 more copies"

Now have 3x Fryevia, 3x TGCids, 3x Darklord of the Butts

Decided to throw a few more normal tickets at the banner to get some units

First ticket pull

Beatrix - One Eyed Johnson

Guess those two rainbows make up for the last two free 10+1 tickets getting me nada

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Does Steiner have any utility?

His TMR is ok, is he a TDH focused unit?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
god I really need that valiant 2 and I am so tired of grinding the raid, but getting a tmr gun would be even worse

ffbe why are you like this

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Did a 10 + 1 to get bonus units and got like 3 Steiners also the animation was a rainbow. Ended up being cat girl sakura

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Kjermzs posted:

Was my TT actually useful? I’ve only been playing for a couple week but I’m pumping everything in to her.

Trance Terra is the best magical chainer. You're good.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Kjermzs posted:

Sent an invite, I put up a T.Terra with 100% dodge, 100% lightning resistance, and paralysis immunity which afaik carries everything (fleeing from the trash mobs in LGD at least).

T.Terra is good to invest in too. The big thing is her Magical Awakening and Chaos Wave awakening, normally MA->CW is just a single 10-hitter, or w/o MA it's just a 5 hitter. MA+2 lets you dual cast CW for 5 turns using Maduin's Successor (but its MAG&SPR buff only last three). CW+2 improves the damage and makes the 10-hit version available after using it via Chaos Wave Awakened which can also be dual casted using Madiun's Successor. It'll take a while to build up the materials and gil to awaken them but she'll become great once you do. Inherited Power +2 also gives her some needed HP, more MAG, and a bit of resistance which is good to get too.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Office Thug posted:

Fryevia is a global exclusive so we don't know what her 7* will be yet, but she's probably going to get her enhancements soon and she'll probably be extremely good again. VoF's 7* is apparently pretty lovely unfortunately.

Hopefully enhancements for her are good. If Olive is any indication I have high hopes.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah, all the recent global exclusive units/ enhancements are really loving good so I have hopes that units like Fry get meaty enhancements and 7*

Kjermzs posted:

T.Terra is your best investment and probably the unit you should spend your first UoC ticket on to get to 7* if you dont pull another one. She's unbeatable in turn 1 alpha damage at 7*. She and a buddy can 1 turn a bunch of poo poo later on with proper set up. She went from ugly duckling on a damage type that was looked down on to pretty good with enhancements to a monster in 7*.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Decided to burn the 10+1 ticket. Got Barbaricca #1, Ashe #3, Aura #2, Amelia #5, and Soliel #a lot.

As far as caster damage goes I already have 2 Rems, 2 VoL, 2 Fryevias, and the usual suspects for 4* units. Not sure if I'll use Barb for much other than expeditions.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
10+1 got me Knight Delita and Aileen, both my first. Can't complain.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Borrowed some ones cat/kuppo lady...didn't realize that she could use literally any summon that is on the team...I kinda want her now...

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Garnet does it too. Garnet/Eiko were the first ones with that mechanics and now most summoners after them have it.

Garnet even generates summon charge faster than Eiko right now.

vvvv
6* Form

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Mar 3, 2018

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I have only seen my Garnet with whoever she was equipped with...is that some kind of recent change?

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

hagie posted:

I have only seen my Garnet with whoever she was equipped with...is that some kind of recent change?

Garnet's 6* was unlocked yesterday, so yea pretty recent.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Shows my level of commitment currently...

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
wierd day... got two Eikos and one Beatrix. Guess I'll actually farm the event.

Is there a good build for Beatrix that would allow her to one-turn her way through ELT? I don't even understand either of those toon's purpose yet...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug

Scrublord Prime posted:

Sent an invite, I put up a T.Terra with 100% dodge, 100% lightning resistance, and paralysis immunity which afaik carries everything (fleeing from the trash mobs in LGD at least).

fyi your T. Terra can definitely solo the actual Battle with Aranea boss event thing. It takes loving forever, but all of my units died and she just kept on trucking. This is almost certainly a huge waste of time (she caps out at about 4-5% damage per round, and the boss spends a ton of time whiffing 10 attacks each round), but I thought it was pretty funny v:shobon:v

• Locked thread