Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

So what’s the pun behind Pekoms’s disguise? I assume there’s a pun.

"Nazo" means "mystery". Nazo + Pekoms = Nazoms. :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I like that tired, battle brain Luffy is still miles more observant that normal Luffy, though I fully expect Luffy to be back to his normal idiot self once this is over.

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006
So uh... pudding just requested a kiss (that she didn't get at the wedding), right?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

JahRoo posted:

Isn't that what the last pages of the previous chapter were?

That's actually a good point. I never connected the end of the two chapters, but it does seem like they would lead one in to the other.

JahRoo posted:

take out twothree of the sweet commanders

They took out Cracker, Katakuri and who else? I only remember 2, not 3. Not unless you assume Smoothie is going to be taken out sometime soon at least.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hate-Senpai posted:

Luffy going back to place his hat over Katakuri's face was some powerful poo poo.
Also not empty quoting.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

tsob posted:

That's actually a good point. I never connected the end of the two chapters, but it does seem like they would lead one in to the other.

They took out Cracker, Katakuri and who else? I only remember 2, not 3. Not unless you assume Smoothie is going to be taken out sometime soon at least.

Yeah it's unlikely they will beat both Smoothie and Snack here.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

Piriwi posted:

So uh... pudding just requested a kiss (that she didn't get at the wedding), right?

That was my take on it. Why else take his cigarette? Unless her last request was to smoke. I'm wondering if she can mindwipe herself. Having someone actually be nice to her for once in her life seems to be tearing her mind in two. She might want to forget any of this ever happened.

Flubby fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 3, 2018

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

tsob posted:

That was me pretending they're somehow gonna take out Smoothie here too. Snack is already done for, and the precedent says that losing gets you demoted, so Smoothie is about to be the only sweet commander left in the crew.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Love those 2 boys... glad to see they came to an agreement.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

JahRoo posted:

That was me pretending they're somehow gonna take out Smoothie here too. Snack is already done for, and the precedent says that losing gets you demoted, so Smoothie is about to be the only sweet commander left in the crew.

Speaking of Smoothie I just looked at her wiki page and... she has white hair? Really? That looks awful.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I could see the mindwipe having something to do with his crappy childhood.

Darth Walrus posted:

So what’s the pun behind Pekoms’s disguise? I assume there’s a pun.

I saw this about it:

A reminder that Pekoms in Japanese is pronounced Pekomuzu, hence “Nazomuzu” (nazo means mystery).

Katakuri's last line was amazing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Death Bot posted:

God that parting line from Katakuri was so good

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:

DizzyBum posted:

"Nazo" means "mystery". Nazo + Pekoms = Nazoms. :eng101:

Mysterioms?

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

Flubby posted:

That was my take on it. Why else take his cigarette? Unless her last request was to smoke. I'm wondering if she can mindwipe herself. Having someone actually be nice to her for once in her life seems to be tearing her mind in two. She might want to forget any of this ever happened.

There was a sound effect in that last panel as well. Was it a kissing sfx? Neither group bothered to translate it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Spidder posted:

There was a sound effect in that last panel as well. Was it a kissing sfx? Neither group bothered to translate it.

it looks like ゆいゆい 'yui yui' but that doesn't mean anything

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TurkeyFried posted:

Mysterioms?

That's the translation mangastream went with

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Dogtooth is going to be the Strawhat Armada’s Savory Commander

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

TurkeyFried posted:

Mysterioms?

Pekwhoms?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Remember me?

The SBS for volume 88 reveals that panda girl is Charlotte Poire, the 19th daughter and sister of Galette.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I desperately want to see more of Charlotte Poire

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I def. got the feeling from Katakuri's final few words that he wanted to fight/see Luffy again. They have become good (great) friends, if it wasn't obvious!

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Piriwi posted:

I thought the same thing. I also think she then used her power to erase that moment from Sanji's memory.

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Mar 3, 2018

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rudoku posted:

But he has his cig in his mouth in the next panel.

No he didn't. He was just enjoying a delicious chocolate lollipop.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Pudding and Karatkuri are both setting up bigger reasons for the Straw Hats to come back. Pudding's last request is a kiss and for Sanji to come back and retrieve her when the Straw Hats are ready to take on Big Mom properly. Karatkuri is similarly making a sort of promise with Luffy about meeting again when the Straw Hats come back for Big Mom.

It'd be appropriate, I feel, that if they don't beat Big Mom here when they come back it's to help the family defeat their horrible mother in a big old Pirate Crew Civil War, and that Pudding and Karatkuri are being set up as the reason they do so.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Pudding and Karatkuri are both setting up bigger reasons for the Straw Hats to come back. Pudding's last request is a kiss and for Sanji to come back and retrieve her when the Straw Hats are ready to take on Big Mom properly. Karatkuri is similarly making a sort of promise with Luffy about meeting again when the Straw Hats come back for Big Mom.

It'd be appropriate, I feel, that if they don't beat Big Mom here when they come back it's to help the family defeat their horrible mother in a big old Pirate Crew Civil War, and that Pudding and Karatkuri are being set up as the reason they do so.

In the middle of that, Katakuri is going to rip off his scarf and reveal his face and it's going to be great.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Julias posted:

Pekwhoms?

shoulda been this

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

TurkeyFried posted:

Mysterioms?

Rey Mysterioms

(I like his lucha mask)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I doubt they're going to come back in the conventional sense because it goes against the 'adventure' of the series.

Most likely (a) Big Mom will chase them down, and they get a showdown on Elbaf because that's the other location with significant ties to Big Mom.
or
(b)Someone like Blackbeard swoops in to take advantage of Whole Cake Island's security and forces being in chaos and topples Big Mom, and Luffy doesn't actually fight her ever.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Lpzie posted:

I def. got the feeling from Katakuri's final few words that he wanted to fight/see Luffy again. They have become good (great) friends, if it wasn't obvious!

Luffy would never attack someone that gave him food.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I was like three months behind on One Piece, so I caught up to the last officially-release chapter today.

Carrot for Straw Hat.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Can’t wait for the Doughnut Pirates to join the grand fleet

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I can't decide if I want to see Katakuri wearing that hat on his head or on his mouth.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Can’t wait for the Doughnut Pirates to join the grand fleet

This unironically.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Goons, I think there might be something to this 'One Piece' manga I've been hearing about. I think it might be really loving good.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Goons, I think there might be something to this 'One Piece' manga I've been hearing about. I think it might be really loving good.

I dunno it looks too cartoony. I like my anime serious. Hard pass.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

One Piece? Sounds lame, it'll never catch on.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

That was a cool first chapter but Sandland was way better

Sinners Sandwich fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Mar 3, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

One Piece? Sounds lame, it'll never catch on.

One Piece of what is what I'm askin'.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

After 20 years you'd think there'd be more than one piece by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I prefer bikinis myself.