Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
The big Shikami I keep going back and forth on. It's so dumb, but it's so cool.
Beasts of War have a video reveal thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I'm interested in that Uprising book that is apparently going to be bringing additional non-aligned armies. I wonder what else they might be adding? Kind of hoping some kind of awesome Afrofuturist armies - seems like an obvious omission from the lore that there's no Africa-based faction (outside of Haqqislam, of course).

And I would be lying if I wasn't curious about the JSA units. I mean, if I wasn't anime-tolerant, I probably wouldn't be interested in Infinity.

So that's USAriadna, Haqqislam, Yu Jing & the Japanese I want to buy into. Dammit.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Corregidor has a bunch of South African war criminals.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Annoyingly I've had to delay my event by one week because Cardiff has shut down and I'm snowed in.

Lol

Not a viking posted:

You forgot to include the new dire foes Nexus character
He there

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Cat Face Joe posted:

Corregidor has a bunch of South African war criminals.

Looking at that special pre order character and the ninja model make me realise how much I want to see some buff new Wildcats with the new scale and design cues. Fun profiles, little fragile for their points to use in a full link, but I’d be more apt to field them if they had new models.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

official forums current status:

quote:

Come on, @Shiwen , Gestapo was bad, but I've heard some really hosed up poo poo about Kempeitai and the Gestapo can't possibly have been that bad

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Woof. Either the studio paint job is another occasion where it's tremendously unflattering, or those are some ugly models.

But not as ugly as

Cat Face Joe posted:

official forums current status:

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
I've officially found a group of Infinity players in my area! Problem is I have no idea what my list should look like so I'm fiddling with a generalist group based on what I've read about what's good:

Imperial Service
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 9 4
CRANE IMPERIAL AGENT (X Visor) Spitfire, 2 Nanopulsers / Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 54)
CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
CELESTIAL GUARD Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
CELESTIAL GUARD Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
XI ZHUANG Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, MadTraps / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
KUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
KUANG SHI Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)

GROUP 2 5
SOPHOTECT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 31)
YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
NINJA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)
KǍNRÈN Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Chain-colt / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0.5 | 32)
BÀO TROOP (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 20)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

The Crane Agent, Celestial Guards, and Xi Zhuang are all in a 5-man Core fireteam, which if I'm reading the rules on this correctly means the Crane Spitfire gets 5 shots at effective BS 16?

Otherwise the gimmick is to set up the Bao Troop and Rui Shi on rooftops or in good firelanes to cover flanking attempts while the Kanren plays a shell game and pretends to be 2 different types of Kanren (is this allowed, or is the AHD open information?) while the Ninja Hacker hangs out and waits to eat opposing hackers or make an end run at the objective. Sophie's also there to patch people up if needed.

I've never actually played though, so I'm not sure if this list has any glaring weaknesses I might be missing or if it's just completely against what the ISS is meant to do. Any help is appreciated!

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Bao don't seem like they want to be sniping, they're only ARM1, with no real penalties vs being shot at. Great at discovering though, especially the MSV and Bio visor choice.

Rui Shi isn't as good in ARO as the HMG Husong, at best you can spend an order to make him B2. I've had a lot of fun with a Rui Shi scuttling about with the Assisted Fire (Supportware), ruining the days of Nisse-wannabes.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Holy gently caress that scythe looks completely retarded.

In other news, I'm a little concerned about WarCors basically acting like unpaid advitisers for CB. One of the Admins of Infinity Australia is shilling so hard you'd think he was a classic GW Redshirt.

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I've officially found a group of Infinity players in my area! Problem is I have no idea what my list should look like so I'm fiddling with a generalist group based on what I've read about what's good:

Imperial Service

GROUP 1 9 4
CRANE IMPERIAL AGENT (X Visor) Spitfire, 2 Nanopulsers / Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 54)
CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)

GROUP 2 5
NINJA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)
KǍNRÈN Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Chain-colt / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0.5 | 32)
BÀO TROOP (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

The Crane Agent, Celestial Guards, and Xi Zhuang are all in a 5-man Core fireteam, which if I'm reading the rules on this correctly means the Crane Spitfire gets 5 shots at effective BS 16?

Otherwise the gimmick is to set up the Bao Troop and Rui Shi on rooftops or in good firelanes to cover flanking attempts while the Kanren plays a shell game and pretends to be 2 different types of Kanren (is this allowed, or is the AHD open information?) while the Ninja Hacker hangs out and waits to eat opposing hackers or make an end run at the objective. Sophie's also there to patch people up if needed.

I've never actually played though, so I'm not sure if this list has any glaring weaknesses I might be missing or if it's just completely against what the ISS is meant to do. Any help is appreciated!

I'm completely, completely new so take this with a pretty big pinch of salt. To me the ISS is all about Kuang Shi. Unlike vanilla, you can field 8. Cheap orders for your badasses. Also, I'm under the impression that the Rui Shi is an offensive piece, and using it as an ARO piece just lets the enemy take out one of your super killers easily. Remember that with assisted targeting it can ignore the cover bonus, and it can also shoot through smoke, which you'll have plenty of if you take 8 Kuang Shi.

I don't know how good he is, but I find this guy tremendously helpful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Db24oGkCw

Zeppelin Insanity fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Mar 3, 2018

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

Holy gently caress that scythe looks completely retarded.

In other news, I'm a little concerned about WarCors basically acting like unpaid advitisers for CB. One of the Admins of Infinity Australia is shilling so hard you'd think he was a classic GW Redshirt.
Did he offer you some ORC troops along with your army purchases?

Some of the wcs are dumb as poo poo and some are just over excited. It's cute but annoying.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Nah, more the sheer one-eyed-ness.

In other news, Raiden, Haramaki and Aragato are no longer available on the CB store.

RIP my budget impetuous HI, you were in every list...

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Raiden aren't going anywhere just something different happening with them. :ninja:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

At this point, I honestly feel CB should just tear this particular band-aid off. Like, you've revealed the faction. Announce which units are cut from YJ, and which ones are shelved entirely or people (myself included) are going to be working themselves into a lather until it happens.

e: I hope I get to keep Raidens, as that little devil has done such a disproportionate amount of killin' for his points.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It's all being shown next week via BOW mate.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Just save up your gold coins until the 25th when you can pre-order the book that has this sectorial and maybe moooooooooore ooooooooooooh.

How else would a miniatures company build hype?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Guess I'm just a little antsy because I'm unsure how many of my models are going to become unplayable :shrug:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

Guess I'm just a little antsy because I'm unsure how many of my models are going to become unplayable :shrug:
Shouldn't be any to my memory but i haven't kept up with the million posts a minute warcor thread.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I just figure I'm 230~ish points towards a painted army in the new Sectorial.

Edit: What do warcors do for CB other than Tournaments and graphic design on ads?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

You don't have to be a Warcor to run tournaments. IIRC, they're meant to be about community engagement and intro games.

I think I've run more intro games than 99% of warcors

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Essentially it's working as an official promoter. You commit to running demo games and events for Corvus as opposed to just doing so. I'm a Warcor but my activity hasn't changed at all, i still run about 3 demo game evenings a month and about 3 events a year. The biggest part really is being visible on the official warcor listing and getting early pre orders to promote stuff.

Its had a lot of chaff at first but CB have been pretty aggressive about purging the inactive warcors recently with three I know of losing their status.

Also my buddy was on the white noise podcast about gaming with a disability, i got a shout out too!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

It's all being shown next week via BOW mate.
Someone leak the whole thing. gently caress corporate drones, down with pano

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buaF-MbfiCU

Hope you like wobbly cam effects!

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Someone just learned about transition effects. That hurt my brain.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
How have bea beats of we been doing videos for so many years and still make it look like Microsoft movie maker on teen's computer?

A lot of that box is sexy, but the big samurai hi kinda ruins it for me - it's a bit too much.

The limited brawler, though :heysexy:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I am unsure what you said in the first sentence but i think i got the gist of it.

Doombrawlette is really cool, probably will sell mine or start Druze, i am unsure but Druze are cool as poo poo. Still got my Hacker kicking around and could make a good start to my force.

Bow week tomorrow lads. Can't stand their stuff but is nice exposure for infinity.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I really, really like the Spec Ops bonus in the JSA box, But I've never played with Spec Ops sooooo.

Gonna hold out for some in focus Invincible Army stuff.

"bea beats of we" is the worst autocorrect for beasts of war, I've seen in a while.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Imperial Service

GROUP 1 9 4

GROUP 2 5

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Get rid of Boarding Shotgun Kuang Shi in favor of Chain Rifles, if you dont use them in a link, they are not good for anything.
You get 12 points from that - throw a flashlight bot (chaiy yaokong) for 8 points in the first group to get them to 10 orders.
As was said, Rui Shi is not good for ARO - you want Total reaction Husong for that. Rui Shi is a great attack piece that you can buff anywhere on the field thanks to it being a repeater.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

fatherboxx posted:

Get rid of Boarding Shotgun Kuang Shi in favor of Chain Rifles, if you dont use them in a link, they are not good for anything.
You get 12 points from that - throw a flashlight bot (chaiy yaokong) for 8 points in the first group to get them to 10 orders.
As was said, Rui Shi is not good for ARO - you want Total reaction Husong for that. Rui Shi is a great attack piece that you can buff anywhere on the field thanks to it being a repeater.

Yeah! I made some adjustments to the list, dropped the Bao, got a full set of Kuang Shi Chain Rifles for both groups, and replaced Xi Zhuang for a Forward Observer.

I played my very first day of Infinity at my LGS today; after a couple of simple annihilation 150pt games to figure it out, we hopped right into a 300pt game of Safe Zone, ISS vs Hassassin.

Opponent opted to go first, so I stuck my Rui Shi on top of a building, and despite being a questionable ARO piece he ended up killing a couple units and forcing my opponent to burn almost his entire order pool killing it.

It was a super fun game with a lot of back and forth, mostly my Kuang Shi running out and dying to a massive sniping nest he set up at his end of the table. It looked like he was going to win until at the bottom of the third turn I ran my Sophotect out from behind cover, into a smoke cloud on top of the objective, while my link team blew their entire order pool dropping a line of smoke right through the middle of the table and madly dashing to get into B2B with one of the consoles on his side of the table.

And of course, Ninja pops out of hidden deployment and snaps up two objective points by pressing the button and holding a completely empty quadrant.

My first real game of Infinity and I get a minor victory at 6-5. I'm really excited to play again next week! :D

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Flipswitch posted:

I am unsure what you said in the first sentence but i think i got the gist of it.

JFC, I think I had pallsy or something.

I've started practicing for a 400pt limited insertion tournament coming up. I had thought it'd be a swingy walk in the park, but jesus. The games are tactical as hell. Both players have so many tough ARO pieces that getting up the board is a struggle for anything.

Add in 11 orders max (and almost everyone has some to in hidden, so usually less than 10) and each order counts.

YMMV, but I heartily recommend giving it a shot.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The last time i played 400pts my opponent tilted because i put 3 tags on the table :v:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

So what's the good word on JSA? I've seen from WarCors that YJ is losing all named Japanese characters, Haramaki are straight-up gone, and all Japanese units are now AVA2 in Vanilla.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Should tell you this week. Be patient comrades.

Also there is wild speculation people are taking as gospel, so take everything with buckets of salt or in Pierzaks case, message me on steam about it so i can laugh.

Also Uprising is up on the store now.

quote:

A new expansion book that will mark a before and after in the history of the Infinity Universe. Through the long awaited JSA and Mercs the Infinity background goes forward and changes, in an unexpected way for many. The Uprising of Japan and their schism from Yu Jing brings forth the Non-Aligned Armies (NA2), a new faction that encompasses JSA, plus StarCo, the Ikari Company and the Druze Bayram Security, the new Mercenary Companies. Also, Infinity Uprising contains all the Dire Foes, with new material that reveals how their stories are linked and contribute to the Japanese Uprising and seven new ready to play scenarios, in normal or narrative mode. After Infinity Uprising, the Infinity Universe will never be the same!

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Mar 5, 2018

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

Also Uprising is up on the store now.

So I get that nothing can be said yet about the rules and tabletop presence of the 'Star Co' and 'Ikari Company' but are these actually going to be new playable sectorials in the manner of Druze Bayram? Basically I don't get what is in the Uprising book beyond some profiles for the new JSA and for Druze Bayram. Bit of a deal-maker for me whether or not it actually includes new mercenary-army content.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yes mate. There's 4 NA2 sectorials, 7 missions, fluff and all the dire foes going to n3 update. None of them currently have been updated. (except new box obviously!)

Also I'm allowed to say it now, but YJ are losing every JSA unit except the Ninja. Ciao!

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Mar 5, 2018

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Guess I've unintentionally started a JSA army afterall. Any idea on when army's gonna update?

Unrelatedly, anyone able to save lists to ITS?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

April-ish I believe mate.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Makes sense with the book release dates. Saw the new Tournament pack comes with a new O-Yoroi sculpt and Crane Agent miniatures. The baby carrier style arms poking out looks so weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

Yes mate. There's 4 NA2 sectorials, 7 missions, fluff and all the dire foes going to n3 update. None of them currently have been updated. (except new box obviously!)

Also I'm allowed to say it now, but YJ are losing every JSA unit except the Ninja. Ciao!

Aha, thank you. Very interesting indeed. I will probably get the book in that case. Can't wait to see what unit selections and potential new profiles these NA2 sectorials have. I like the mercenary background to Corregidor and could definitely see myself picking up a force with any overlap to it.

• Locked thread