Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Taear posted:

I wish the walking dead would stop ending in cliffhangers that are "this has happened" then the next episode is just dealing with an inevitability. I want a mystery cliffhanger of some kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Acacia REI posted:

So aside from canning the old FTWD showrunner, they apparently got rid of all the writers from last season too. You know, the ones that they just brought in last season who made it a watchable and compelling show.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Who's replacing those writers? Staff from the original show?

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Listerine posted:

Who's replacing those writers? Staff from the original show?

I'm not sure. Possibly. Or the new showrunners Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg are going to pick out a new staff.

So basically we are getting either writers from the main show, or writers from loving Once Upon a Time.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Acacia REI posted:

So aside from canning the old FTWD showrunner, they apparently got rid of all the writers from last season too. You know, the ones that they just brought in last season who made it a watchable and compelling show.

What? WTF. Is Vince McMahon running this poo poo?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Acacia REI posted:

Are you loving kidding me?!

‘Hey, S3 of Fear actually got pretty good and people are starting to come around on it!’
‘Well, we cant have that happening now, can we?!’
‘Hey a lotta people like that Troy character too...’
‘Kill him.’
‘But Mr. Gimple-‘
‘Just do as I say!’

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Darko posted:

Wait, how is she stupid? She was right about everything she did/said and flipped the "incompetent leader vs. the plucky young upstart" trope upside down as it was Poe who was the idiot who thought he knew what was best for everyone.

If Holdo was in The Walking Dead, she'd constantly have the right/correct plans and then the rest of the cast would Poe it up going all rogue and get everyone killed.

It would have gone a lot better if she'd thought about slamming a ship into the Super Duper Star Destroyer at lightspeed when they still had 20 ships and all their people. They were literally abandoning ship after ship or watching them blow up. Any one of those ships could have done a U-turn and maybe the entire rebellion wouldn't now consist of like 5 people.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Just wait until those stormtroopers get in between a bunch of kids and their brooms

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

No I mean it sounds like TLJ because it has alot of "gently caress you JJ" moments. Destroying the iconic mask (also a gently caress you hasboro or whoever makes the toys), not killing off Leah, making the Mary Sue chick a nobody.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
I think this trashfire is a lot more toasty than the factory-churned out and pandering Star Wars movies that Disney will now happily use to make their $$$. Those at least function enough to bring in the cash.

Walking Dead, tho, looks like it might actually be heading towards some sort of financial collapse with the promised changes to Fear's team and them continuing to drive the main series into self-indulgent post-apocalyptic philosophy class. Or at least it'll be interesting to see how far you can push a modern audience before they just snap and turn on you.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Did Rick get shot in the gut at some stage? I can't remember, but it looked that way whilst he was sitting under a stained glass tree at the end of the episode.

As uber cheesy as it would have been, the show would have been way better off if they went all Carl is Immune/Arabic Dr has a cure/Some kind of CDC outfit is operating back in Atlanta etc. Get the loving show moving again.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Trash lady shot Rick in the side in an et tu moment

Also the governor shot him in the side

Next season is Rick dragging around a dialysis machine while doing stuff and thangs

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

I actually thought Morgan’s gut grabbing/ventriloquist scene was surprisingly resonant/layered.

You have a man - Ezekiel - who play acts as a king. His throne is literally on a theatre stage. Morgan, who is most deffo not play acting, does some serious Shakespearean violent villainous poecy also literally on-stage. Ezekiel the Shakespeare-play-acting-dethroned-bard-king looks on in horror as reality spills out all over his stage.

So there was at least one good minute. Rick’s godawful stuttering was the pits though.

Also - the group of “claimed!” men that Darryl fell in with where Rick bit the neck out of the leader were the last compelling bad guys. They should have given them a lot more time and development. But then, knowing TWD writing, maybe that would have ruined them. So maybe we’re better off this way.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Stickarts posted:

I actually thought Morgan’s gut grabbing/ventriloquist scene was surprisingly resonant/layered.

You have a man - Ezekiel - who play acts as a king. His throne is literally on a theatre stage. Morgan, who is most deffo not play acting, does some serious Shakespearean violent villainous poecy also literally on-stage. Ezekiel the Shakespeare-play-acting-dethroned-bard-king looks on in horror as reality spills out all over his stage.

So there was at least one good minute. Rick’s godawful stuttering was the pits though.

Also - the group of “claimed!” men that Darryl fell in with where Rick bit the neck out of the leader were the last compelling bad guys. They should have given them a lot more time and development. But then, knowing TWD writing, maybe that would have ruined them. So maybe we’re better off this way.

The whole claimed guys thing was gripping. Stupid and confusing, eyerolling but good. (I'm a Daryl fan.) Speaking of Daryl why the hell does he get nothing now? Are they paid by the word or what? Literally everything is being done wrong and this includes not using this actor, a fan favorite AT ALL. :wtc:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Darryl the idiot was mad that he got the rear end end of the possum which is actually the good side

He should have cooked it way sooner too instead of letting it stew in a trash bag

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Yea, Rick hiding under bed and then Michonne and CORAL walking back unawares was seriously tense. They were also a good example of a realistic “made bad by the world” group. Instead now we have the up-uppers.

moist turtleneck posted:

Darryl the idiot was mad that he got the rear end end of the possum which is actually the good side

He should have cooked it way sooner too instead of letting it stew in a trash bag

Interestingly, this also p much describes my kink.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

who's ready for Rick and Co. to give us an hour of riveting, philosophical, artfully directed garbage?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Stickarts posted:

I miss that actor a fair bit. "TEN Mississipi! NINE Mississipi!" But yea, if Negan also has a great actor behind it, but his poo poo got run into the ground all the same after 1 season of dumb writing...I'm honestly glad those raider dudes just went out the way they did.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
yeah the claimed bandits and to a lesser extent the cannibals were the best villains because they acted like actual people, and the stakes felt as believable as the show gets. also the morning after throat bite conversation between rick and Daryl was legit moving.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Hope everyone had a good week and we can come together to make fun of the garbage people subplot that will evidently reappear.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
tonight on The Walking Dead Scott Gimple totally does not try to crib from 13 Reasons Why

e: yup. Negan, this is your tapenote

ElectricSheep fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 5, 2018

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
ALL. OUT. WAR.

(against gazebo fires)

That is the worst reasoning fro Rick on why the Dumpers would not just shoot him in the face instantly.

And holy hell that "trap"

JossiRossi fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 5, 2018

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Did Negan kill Trashkru and let them turn into zombies?

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

Well that's my story.
lol what's with the crash zooms

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Didn't the saviors blow up or burn down almost everything in the attack? Didn't look too bad to me.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I looked away for a minute as they were leaving Alexandria, looked up, and of loving course they're not only visiting Lothar and the Trash People but they've already been outwitted, which means they are losers on this week's Are You More Likely To Survive The Zombie Apocalypse Than A Fifth-Grader?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

tomapot posted:

Didn't the saviors blow up or burn down almost everything in the attack? Didn't look too bad to me.

They just indiscriminately launched grenades with M79's from outside the walls. So the front perimeter got vaporized but most of the town is probably fine

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Why would 38 men matter any more than the roughly 120+ that Rick and folk have murdered?

Like if Ogg was running the Saviors, they'd have been done with this nonsense months ago.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

JossiRossi posted:

Why would 38 men matter any more than the roughly 120+ that Rick and folk have murdered?

Like if Ogg was running the Saviors, they'd have been done with this nonsense months ago.

Yeah Trevor's got a point here. Negan has some kind of Grand Vision about bringing civilization to the untamed wasteland, but that's clearly not working out for them.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

This community of people who claimed to kill every outsider they encountered, sure are bad at killing every stranger they encounter. And even when those people stole all your guns, and then killed your leader.

Seriously who the hell thinks this is a logically consistent series of interactions?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I like to imagine this is Ogg as sick of Trash Crew as much as everyone else.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Yay we killed 20m of screentime this episode!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

bobjr posted:

Yup :commissar:

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

Well that's my story.

bobjr posted:

That's fairly accurate now

Glad we're done with them

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Those poor offscreen people.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Holy poo poo, she speaks in full sentences.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Ahahaha, the trash people were literally Apocalype Cosplayers.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Rick the killer of zombies now cant handle like 20 zombie garbage people?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
RIP Garbage People

You died as you lived

As an unidentifiable flesh slurry

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Wow so she lives in like the perfect zombie base! And she put her painting right by the meat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
So ... it was just a dump right? That inexplicably had a helipad and solar panels?