Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Measly Twerp posted:

It's this guy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atKPk00q1G8

He's alright. His story is inspiring and has probably helped many people address their own mental illnesses. He's not yet ready to let go of his "gamer" identity which is a shame.

he's a fat piece of fence sitting crap who wasted his marriage with his inability to regulate his calorie intake and has a penchant for emotional manipulation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Aerdan posted:

It's already hell. :v:

Does explain why the devil went there first.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Ash Crimson posted:

he's a fat piece of fence sitting crap who wasted his marriage with his inability to regulate his calorie intake and has a penchant for emotional manipulation

So, he should buy an account then?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Phanatic posted:

Good for Atlanta.

Seriously, cities falling all over themselves to poo poo tax breaks for Amazon (or anything else) is really dumb. Not quite as dumb as whoring your city out for an Olympics, but pretty dumb. And it's the "small-government Republicans" who are supposed to be the very ones against that sort of political cronyism and favoritism.

yup, the race to the bottom is absolutely disgraceful

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Samuringa posted:

Seems like a normal thing in volleyball

That's handball so it's even gayer than you thought.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Cincinnati is probably jizzings it’s pants at an opportunity to be a Delta hub again.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Does anyone have the video from the guy whose little sister was watching a horror movie with her friends, so he flipped the breaker?

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
Ubisoft is testing a new system to detect slurs in chat in Rainbow 6 Siege and automatically ban users, and this has people angry.

A community developer has this to say:

https://twitter.com/ItsEpi/status/968899515314040832

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Inco posted:

Ubisoft is testing a new system to detect slurs in chat in Rainbow 6 Siege and automatically ban users, and this has people angry.

That Reddit thread was about what you'd expect.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Haven't auto bans and auto mutes been a thing for a while now?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

Not in Siege. They've been really slow on the uptake and only last year started really dropping the hammer. Siege's community is really high or really low. Either people are super helpful and chill or they're raging teenage shitheads trying to out edge each other.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

poptart_fairy posted:

You should listen to allchat in pubg

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Inco posted:

The responses to this tweet are must read. "What if it's just two friends using racial slurs in their fun banter? It's not their fault if the other people who can read it get offended!" There's this one person in particular with an anime avatar who has an insane meltdown about not being able to use worty dirds anymore.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Imagine being such a lovely person that you can't fathom the idea of not using slurs. I remember when I was younger I used to use the word human being a lot, then I realized how lovely it was and I stopped.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Please tell black kids that they’re lovely people for using the n-word, and that white programmers and executives at some wealthy entertainment corporation will ban them from the game they spent $60 on if they blurt it out. That won’t backfire or go over poorly.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Phanatic posted:

Please tell black kids that they’re lovely people for using the n-word, and that white programmers and executives at some wealthy entertainment corporation will ban them from the game they spent $60 on if they blurt it out. That won’t backfire or go over poorly.

You're right. We should have people submit pictures of themselves to Ubisoft so we know what words they're allowed to use.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
It’s almost as if offensiveness is determined by context and not by simple string-matching.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phanatic posted:

It’s almost as if offensiveness is determined by context and not by simple string-matching.

Geez, I wonder who is gonna be mad that they'll get banned for rattling off racial slurs in a video game chat room.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I don't think anyone meant to offend you by being happy that idiots are getting banned.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Black people: the actual victims of people no longer being allowed to use racial slurs.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Admiral Joeslop posted:

change reddit.com to removeddit.com to see a lot of the moderated comments on any poo poo-filled thread.

https://removeddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/81izuv/chat_toxicity_update/

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I guess I better stop doing live readings of Huckleberry Finn over video game voicechat

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
But what if that 17 year old calling his team "bitch-rear end faggots who suck their mother's cock" is a gay 17 year old with a pre-surgery transgender mother HMMMMM?????

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The Schad is coming from inside the thread!

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

MisterOblivious posted:

change reddit.com to removeddit.com to see a lot of the moderated comments on any poo poo-filled thread.

This is some good poo poo and I almost completed my gibbering rear end in a top hat bingo card. If only someone said sjw.

I really love the four or five people who ask if we were going to start banning people for saying cracker, like they just called checkmate. I don't have stats to hand but I'm sure if you had a chart of most popular gaming slurs, anti-white stuff wouldn't even make the top twenty.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Measly Twerp posted:

It's this guy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atKPk00q1G8

He's alright. His story is inspiring and has probably helped many people address their own mental illnesses. He's not yet ready to let go of his "gamer" identity which is a shame.

Goddamn this dude fat as gently caress. gently caress this loving fat gently caress

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

MisterOblivious posted:

That is a surprisingly clever domain for what I generally expect from Reddit.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Phanatic posted:

I moderate a reasonably large website (>20k active users) that has a "no slurs" policy. We tell people "look, we can't determine your race, so we apply the rules the same to everybody. We know that sucks and we're sorry, but it's better to keep our users safe."

100% of the time, actual black people go "oh, poo poo, sorry, I totally get it, I won't do it again".

100% of the time, when someone complains "so you're telling black people they can't say n****r?? huh???" it's a white boy.

(For the love of god, Phanatic, get over your obsessive need to be the smartest person in the room.)

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Besesoth posted:

(For the love of god, Phanatic, get over your obsessive need to be the smartest person in the room.)

A tough case. A decent percentage of the time they provide things I seriously never thought about, with references, and really contribute to the discussion.

Other times, yeah, you get like what you got here.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Admiral Joeslop posted:

You just know that these are kids who thought chanting "I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!" as they waved their hands in front of their siblings' faces was totally cool and good and not at all against the spirit of their parents' admonishment to "stop hitting them".

oldpainless posted:

Goddamn this dude fat as gently caress. gently caress this loving fat gently caress

more like oldweightless! HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
If you cannot play a game without the ability to call people all manner of names, you are a bad person regardless of your ethnicity :tipshat:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Malachite_Dragon posted:

If you cannot play a game without the ability to call people all manner of names, you are a bad person regardless of your ethnicity :tipshat:

*gets blasted to scorched bones by the heat of this racism-solving take*

The_Hatt
Apr 29, 2005

https://imgur.com/gallery/pUhsn01

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

That second hit is brutal.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Not Operator posted:

This is some good poo poo and I almost completed my gibbering rear end in a top hat bingo card. If only someone said sjw.

I really love the four or five people who ask if we were going to start banning people for saying cracker, like they just called checkmate. I don't have stats to hand but I'm sure if you had a chart of most popular gaming slurs, anti-white stuff wouldn't even make the top twenty.

That site only displays the threads that have removed content so you have to switch back to the live page if you want to get the full picture.

"Oh god, the SJWS got ubisoft. Can't wait till guns are replaced with nerf guns and clubhouse is taken out of the game since it looks too much like a school."

Antioch posted:

That is a surprisingly clever domain for what I generally expect from Reddit.

Uneddit was another one with a clever name, but it's down.

Looks like Ceddit is "working" again. It misses a lot of removed comments though.
Just replace the R with a C: https://ceddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/81izuv/chat_toxicity_update/

Using those sites makes a lot or the dumb /r/legaladvice threads funnier.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

1stGear posted:

Black people: the actual victims of people no longer being allowed to use racial slurs.

Serious post, as a black man: gently caress everybody who uses that word. poo poo's dumb.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
https://i.imgur.com/M6Rtryg.mp4

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Why where they filming?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I miss the old days where each game server had its own set of rules and admins to handle things on a case by basis, so that you actually could get banned for literally no reason at all. Made bans way more entertaining. Idiots screaming at a giant corporation that doesn't care Vs. admins that will record voice chat meltdowns and post it on YouTube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Oh poo poo, so now ethnic Serbs can't refer to themselves as trouser-goblins in game?

Nice, way to keep down the ethnoserbs and their language, whitey.