Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Vakal posted:

Actually, there was some information about the RE 2 Remake that just leaked out onto the net today:

- In order to better align the character with the following games in the series, 85% of Leon's dialogue has been removed from the game and the standard issue uniform for all RCPD members has been changed to a leather motorcycle jacket with popped collar.

- Due to Resident Evil 5's superior sales figures, Claire Redfield has been completely removed from the game and Chris Redfield will be used instead. The overall plot of the game will not be altered by this change in any way, except for the sewer section where Chris will have the option of exploding the giant crocodile's head with an upper cut instead of the gas tank.

- In order to facilitate the re-use of assets from previous titles, the RCPD building will now be built inside a luxury cruise ship that became beached in the center of Raccoon City.

Bullshit. They're replacing Leon with Ethan, since he has the most iconic lines in the entire series, and they're making it as the newest entry into the Survivor series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Severed posted:

No kidding. Getting tired of being disappointed every time I see there's new replies to this thread and its just the same old same old.

Unrelated, but what is a better co-op experience? RE5, RE6, or comedy option Operation Raccoon City?

Both 5 & 6 are full of good times in co-op, although they're also both guilty of some really annoying cutscene interruptions at times. QTE's plague many RE5 cutscenes. RE6 Mercenaries No Mercy is the best post-campaign* co-op reward in the entire series.

Operation Non-Canon is fuckin' retarded but at the same time weirdly irresistable if you have a full set of players. It's also mercifully short so it manages to end just as things start to get a bit too dumb.

*Doesn't actually require you to finish any of the campaigns. Not available on PS3/X360. PC version also gives the option for L4D2 stuff thrown in for comic effect.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Lunethex posted:

Resident Evil 2 is going to become Japan's version of Bannerlord isn't it?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

End of Zoe was definitely way more enjoyable than people give it credit for, to me at least. Joe rules and it was delightfully ridiculous. Getting the fist at the end was pretty great, but some of the fun is taken away by yet another terrible Jack boss fight Although the head smash at the end was awesome.

One thing I'm super confused about is all the bitching about the alligators. I remember someone saying they hated them more than any enemy in a video game. I don't think one ever got within 20 feet of me. They seemed like a total non threat.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike

veni veni veni posted:

One thing I'm super confused about is all the bitching about the alligators. I remember someone saying they hated them more than any enemy in a video game. I don't think one ever got within 20 feet of me. They seemed like a total non threat.

Look if trying to punch an alligator in the face is wrong, I don't want to be right. :colbert:

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
ORC is all about mediating dickishness and teamwork to get through all the new and exciting bugs you'll find.

Also shooting the medic. A lot.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

veni veni veni posted:

They're utterly awful if you go for the Trophy to not kill them, and basically don't exist if you're not and just spear them. Neither is at all satisfying to do IMO.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

McTimmy posted:

ORC is all about mediating dickishness and teamwork to get through all the new and exciting bugs you'll find.

Also shooting the medic. A lot.

ORC is about Beltway running through every tripmine like he doesn't give a gently caress, despite his class ability being able to deactivate them.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Vakal posted:

Actually, there was some information about the RE 2 Remake that just leaked out onto the net today:

- In order to better align the character with the following games in the series, 85% of Leon's dialogue has been removed from the game and the standard issue uniform for all RCPD members has been changed to a leather motorcycle jacket with popped collar.

- Due to Resident Evil 5's superior sales figures, Claire Redfield has been completely removed from the game and Chris Redfield will be used instead. The overall plot of the game will not be altered by this change in any way, except for the sewer section where Chris will have the option of exploding the giant crocodile's head with an upper cut instead of the gas tank.

- In order to facilitate the re-use of assets from previous titles, the RCPD building will now be built inside a luxury cruise ship that became beached in the center of Raccoon City.

hell yeah, day 1!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Playing through RE7 again and I feel like I really have a love/hate relationship with the boss fights in this game. Pretty much every one of them except the first Jack fight (which is awesome) is just miserably unfun, but then I finish it and I'm like eh, that was pretty cool. They aren't even that hard. They are just super aggravating.

I think it get's compounded by VR because the game is hard to manage up close and most of the bosses get right up in your craw. Doesn't help that I can't smooth turn without getting woozy.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Jacks fights overall aren’t bad (third can be slog if his last eye is well hidden) but I can’t stand Marguerite’s fight at all. Constant rage inducer and the main reason I don’t play Ethan Must Die.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
*breaks seal on ancient tome*

*blows dust off withered scroll*

*unfurls scroll*

*clears throat*

"Get.... good...?"

All the boss fights are fun and rad! And Ethan Must Die was hilarious in how difficult it was. Beating it is a legit thing to be proud of

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
I’ve beaten her multiple times I just hate how her boss fight flows. Plus shooting her Crotch as a weak point full of bees is just... ugh

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

If any of you are into randomizers, one of my friends released an alpha version of one today for REmake HD Remaster on PC. Currently you can only play as Chris on Normal to have it function, but he's planning to get the other difficulties and Jill playable in the future.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Floodkiller posted:

If any of you are into randomizers, one of my friends released an alpha version of one today for REmake HD Remaster on PC. Currently you can only play as Chris on Normal to have it function, but he's planning to get the other difficulties and Jill playable in the future.

Is he cool with people streaming this?

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Agoat posted:

Is he cool with people streaming this?

Feel free! Just make sure to send him any bug reports (and seed info) to his contact info on that page if something goes wrong.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

At this rate, that team working on RE 1.5 will have their poo poo released before Capcom

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I'm a little late to the party, but i can't believe End of Zoe is the sequel to Breakdown i've been waiting for my whole life :allears:

A shame we aren't getting more of Jake or anything related to 6 in the near future most likely, because i would pay real money for RE8 to have the complexity of 6's melee system with the gameplay of this.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I'm a little late to the party, but i can't believe End of Zoe is the sequel to Breakdown i've been waiting for my whole life :allears:

A shame we aren't getting more of Jake or anything related to 6 in the near future most likely, because i would pay real money for RE8 to have the complexity of 6's melee system with the gameplay of this.

I think you'd like Zeno Clash. It's not zombies but it's exactly that.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I liked End Of Zoe's melee more than RE6 but I think that was largely related to being able to aim with my head.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Good soup! posted:

At this rate, that team working on RE 1.5 will have their poo poo released before Capcom

sounds like free advertising for Capcom

or an AMR2 scenario all over again. Reminds me of when Streets of Rage Remake finally finished and Sega C&Ded it within 24 hours :smith:

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I just finished the HD Remake but I think I had some sort bug.

I one-shot the Tyrant off-screen using Barry's special magnum. I never blew up the mansion and the Tyrant didn't show up at the helicopter pad..

Is the mansion thing a change they made in the HD edition or are there a ton of different endings??

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

In this heated gun control debate it's always "AR-15 AR-15" blah blah, but no one ever brings up Barry's Special Magnum which kills stuff so dead that you can't finish the game.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

The Kingfish posted:

I one-shot the Tyrant off-screen using Barry's special magnum. I never blew up the mansion and the Tyrant didn't show up at the helicopter pad..

Is the mansion thing a change they made in the HD edition or are there a ton of different endings??

There are a considerable number of endings. Most are just small changes. One of them is what you got, no final Tyrant fight.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

In this heated gun control debate it's always "AR-15 AR-15" blah blah, but no one ever brings up Barry's Special Magnum which kills stuff so dead that you can't finish the game.

If Barry Burton shoots you then you deserved to die. There is no grey area there.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Vakal posted:

If Barry Burton shoots you then you deserved to die. There is no grey area there.

The "what is this" law.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Apparently Barry will try to protect you from Wesker at the very end. Now I feel guilty about not giving him his gun back.

Gonna play through the game as Chris now. Hopefully it will be different enough.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

The Kingfish posted:

Apparently Barry will try to protect you from Wesker at the very end. Now I feel guilty about not giving him his gun back.
You're the biggest monster in gaming.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

You're the biggest monster in gaming.

No, those are the people who simply didn't wait around doing nothing for 5 minutes while Barry got a rope.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Kibayasu posted:

No, those are the people who simply didn't wait around doing nothing for 5 minutes while Barry got a rope.
I could not even conceive of such monstrosity, but you're right, they would be even bigger monsters if they existed.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

The Kingfish posted:

I thought I had done something incredibly wrong when I got that ending back when RE first came out. My brother was talking about the mansion exploding and a final battle on the roof and stuff. I on the other hand was saying there wasn’t a countdown, nothing exploded, and I just got in the helicopter. Then you see Tyrant’s shadow in the woods.

After about twenty minutes of arguing, we fired up the PlayStation loaded his last save, watched it, then loaded up my save. I remember he looked at me and asked ‘What did you do?’

I think you get that ending if Barry or Rebecca gets killed, since they’re not around to hit the self-destruct.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

So I'm pretty much 20 years late on this one, but I wish RE2 had different endings depending on what you did during each scenario*, or at least had different cutscenes and events during any given run based on which routes or fetch-quests you go for first. As great as RE2 is, I always felt (very) vaguely disappointed as a kid when subsequent playthroughs all panned out identically regardless of how much fooling around I'd waste time with. In hindsight and with all the hype during development it's obvious that Capcom were very confident in RE2 selling millions of units and that sequels were already being planned, so any ambiguity with characters living/dying went right out the window (sort of, looking at you Ada).

Ah well, maybe the upcoming remake will offer some silly stuff like this, even if it's just trivial poo poo like initially encountering Ada/Sherry in a few different rooms.

*Ultimately we'd have been limited to the survival/death of the secondary characters of course, but that's still better than nothing.

Also, anyone who deliberately lets Barry die in the orginal RE is a shithead.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Starting a twitter campaign to allow players to save Ben in RE2make #SaveBen #MakeTHEMPay

Not sarcasm

Some sarcasm

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

REmake 2, a game which definitely exists, really, uh huh

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

REmake 2, a game which definitely exists, really, uh huh

REmake 2 is real, strong, and my friend.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Kibayasu posted:

REmake 2 is real, strong, and my friend.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Barry was obviously trying to betray me. He was colluding with Wesker in Room 102 and he left me to die in a pit with Lisa. I didn't give him his magnum back and I have NO regrets.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

When I was a dumb kid who played RE1 on the PS1 years ago, I left Barry to die simply because I didn't trust him and I somehow misread the scene where you drop down after killing the giant snake as him intentionally trapping you down there so I never bothered waiting for him to return with a rope. Probably also because his lovely voice acting made him seem more sinister than he actually was.

I've never let him die in REmake though and it's also less obtuse to save him in REmake to boot.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
much like wesker, it doesn't matter what choices you make in re1 because barry still survives even if he dies. just say he took the b virus and became more barry than ever before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

much like wesker, it doesn't matter what choices you make in re1 because barry still survives even if he dies. just say he took the b virus and became more barry than ever before.

In the alternate route, Rebecca also took the b virus and emerged from the rubble a full grown barry burton.