Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Please call me when any of these Lego sets actually resemble the thing they're supposed to represent, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Please call me when any of these Lego sets actually resemble the thing they're supposed to represent, thanks.

They’re small scale and not super expensive, they do a good job of conveying the design in that size.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Cygni posted:

I've done it a few times. It owns rear end. Just drive in, find a spot and claim it. This is the land where no laws apply. Words of wisdom: if you dont want to party till 3am, you probably don't want to be along the main road or next to anybody erecting huge towers or stages out of scaffolding. Youll see.

Also bring beer and food to trade with your neighbors. Breakfast is the meal with the worst at track concession options, and i never bring enough, so dont be me.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

iwentdoodie posted:

That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

This is true of any IMSA race weekend. I have gone to the Petit Le Mans many times, and a barter system evolves between the people who are there, trading breakfast for a ride to the nearest liquor store, liquor in exchange for hot shower, etc.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I didn't see any of that at VIR but it's a short race and a GT festival at that. Also we stayed about 15 minutes away in a campground with power and water so that was nice.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

My Lego Ferrari has already shipping, picked up the Fiesta WRC as well.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I also like how badly the TCR UK launch is going. In a shocking turn of events the UK did not need a second low-cost touring car series.

You'd think the failure to organise the cup for old BTCC machinery, which everyone already owned, would have told them that.

Britain has a second low-cost touring car series, it's called the Clio Cup.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

orange juche posted:

This is true of any IMSA race weekend. I have gone to the Petit Le Mans many times, and a barter system evolves between the people who are there, trading breakfast for a ride to the nearest liquor store, liquor in exchange for hot shower, etc.

I've only been to the short races or when they're a support race :(

Sebring is bucket list, though. Now to plan and pack accordingly. Wife still thinks I'm nuts.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Yeah for barter system to kick in it has to be a full race weekend, i.e. a 4 day ticket. When i go to the petit I show up on Wednesday at 5 AM for a Saturday race, and we usually finally leave the track Sunday at around 11 a.m. after the saturday hangover is past. I also come with an 8 man tent and awning, 3 large coolers (1 booze, 1 for ice, 1 for food, oversize tent is to discourage theft of poo poo from our coolers by passersby) and tarps as windbreaks for a 2 person gig which is just me and my old man, and we stake our claim right near the turn 5 complex. We've got an understanding with the locals who camp there that since we are closer to the road than they are we make the beer runs and they block off a parking spot for us in exchange for hot showers and breakfast. It works pretty well for us.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Mar 2, 2018

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

looks like its illegal streams for me again

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Cygni posted:

looks like its illegal streams for me again

Have you heard about our lord and master the program called acestream?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Just lmao at not throwing so much money away monthly on cable that you get every retarded Fox channel

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Just lmao at not throwing so much money away monthly on cable that you get every retarded Fox channel

I think its more none of the fox announcers knowing poo poo about anything to do with endurance racing, and also the 20-30 minutes per hour of commercial breaks Fox likes to throw in, even on the fs go stream. It's a pretty poo poo quality arrangement, but hey back in the 90s/early 2000s you were lucky to get the kind of coverage you get today, and earlier than that? lol you're lucky if you got a 30 minute highlight block for a 12 hour race, we really are spoiled.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Use a VPN into literally any other country other than the US and get the superior RS2 commentary. I still will load up the fox stream to help IMSA's ratings but that's as far as I go with that broadcast.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

YouTube TV is $35/mo and includes all the Fox Sports channels, fyi.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Use a VPN into literally any other country other than the US and get the superior RS2 commentary. I still will load up the fox stream to help IMSA's ratings but that's as far as I go with that broadcast.

The RS2 commentary only (certainly through their web site) should be free for all. The IMSA TV streams pairing sound and vision are what’s restricted.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Yeah that's what I meant, imsa tv, with the RS2 commentary on it. the rs2 commentary alone is free globally.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Yay problems for Whincup!

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/03/06/rebellion-r13-lmp1-revealed.html

Rebellion got the memo for Allowable LMP1 Color Schemes.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Does the ACO sell those paint colours or something?

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
Must've been giving away extra cans of paint when Audi Sport closed their program

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I'm the fidget spinner on the nose

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
IMSA might as well drive the BMW themselves at this rate. Christ that's a worthless car.

Great strategy, though. Build a slow car, then get everyone else BoPd down to your level so their cars actively suffer.

http://www.thedrive.com/accelerator/18576/bmw-m8-gte-tandem-gets-bop-adjustments-ahead-of-sebring

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Worked for Aston Martin at Le Mans last year

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

iospace posted:

They also had Dunlop making a bespoke tire for them on a factory deal. That probably helped a bit.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit

iospace posted:

It worked for the M6 GTLM, this is just history repeating itself

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI0y8UayjeU

Pirelli World Challenge in support of IndyCar this weekend. They're using YouTube for non tv streaming this year it seems, thankfully

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus
God drat it. Sebastian Loeb is back in WRC, and is currently leading the Mexico rally. Why couldn't he stay in WRX and be mediocre there. Hope Sordo or Meeke can take it to him. Shows how much of a rally machine he is though. Be gone for 5 years, and then challenge for the win in his first event.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I love him.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Humbug posted:

God drat it. Sebastian Loeb is back in WRC, and is currently leading the Mexico rally. Why couldn't he stay in WRX and be mediocre there. Hope Sordo or Meeke can take it to him. Shows how much of a rally machine he is though. Be gone for 5 years, and then challenge for the win in his first event.

In easily the shittest car too.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I loving love him.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Sportscar Racing This Weekend:

Creventic 24th TCE Series Silverstone 24h

TCR and other touring cars, ongoing now until sometime tomorrow, you do the math

Stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu_6kmgl5n0

Pirelli World Challenge GT and GTS at St. Petersburg

Stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzrc2-Hfg7Y

Saturday:
3:50 pm EST - GT/GTA Race 1 - 1hr, GT3 cars
5:05 pm EST - GTS/GTSA Race 1 - 1hr, GT4 cars

Sunday:
9:30 am EDT - GTS/GTSA Race 2 - 1hr, GT4 cars
3:15 pm EDT - GT/GTA Race 2 - 1hr, GT3 cars

MazeOfTzeentch fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 10, 2018

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwYuov30QQ8

pwc keeps loving with their (unlisted) streams, so here it is now

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Are they just trying to be difficult? Not only do they keep changing, unlisted, but you cant roll back the time either (I missed the start). I swear they dont want people watching

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Good racing though, that Callaway would have been a serious contender if they hadn't bodged the start

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

CactusWeasle posted:

Are they just trying to be difficult? Not only do they keep changing, unlisted, but you cant roll back the time either (I missed the start). I swear they dont want people watching

Probably since CBS Sports Network is going to broadcast it at some random later date and time.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
GT3 race 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsV5uukMYcA

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Holy gently caress that Bentley :stare:

e: absolute brake failure. It nearly tipped over backwards

CactusWeasle fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 11, 2018

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

https://twitter.com/CautionClock20/status/972927602078953472

Cygni fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Mar 11, 2018

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Jesus gently caress that was a hard hit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
So loving hype for Sebring.

Unfortunately there's no way I can go down Wednesday, so I'll be there Thursday morning as soon as the will call booth opens.

Am I turbo hosed for getting a decent spot at that point? Any recommendations on where I should try to get a spot? I don't mind loud rear end parties and poo poo going on, as long as I can walk to decent spots in the track easily.