Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Reinanigans posted:

Also, some of those trainings can gently caress off.

You want to Z-rank every training ASAP. The last few are awful but you NEED the highest-level Ki charging skill to work decently. Any other skill is a matter of taste, but Maximum Charge is a must.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Blaze Dragon posted:

You want to Z-rank every training ASAP. The last few are awful but you NEED the highest-level Ki charging skill to work decently. Any other skill is a matter of taste, but Maximum Charge is a must.

Uuuuugh. The timing on them is so loving dumb. Maybe I’ll get my friend to do it ‘cause I must have donkey brains or something.

I have most of them done except the last two combo ones and the advanced one where you keep teleporting back and forth. Any tips for those?

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

Eh....Divinity Unleashed is a pretty good substitute....and if your playing a Punch/Strike or Punch/Ki earthling you really don't need a charge skill at all for pve

You never run a charge skill in PVP as far as I can tell

Reinanigans posted:

Uuuuugh. The timing on them is so loving dumb. Maybe I’ll get my friend to do it ‘cause I must have donkey brains or something.

I have most of them done except the last two combo ones and the advanced one where you keep teleporting back and forth. Any tips for those?

Whoa Whoa, you don't get the charge skills from training with Elder Kai....you get it from the Advancement tests that unlock as you progress the story and complete training with different mentors and parallel quests

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Blockhouse posted:

this is a ridiculously expensive idea

opening up the base model in their program, throwing a few extra greebles on it, and saving it as a new model would really be that time-consuming and expensive?

e: also I grabbed XV2 with the season pass on the Humble Store sale and... okay, I know we were all saying it was annoying that Toki-Toki City was as small as it was, but gently caress I hate how big Conton City is. and the default music for Conton City is insanely loving annoying, the only choice for it I figured I'd be able to tolerate long-term was that one ambient one. other than those things and Krillin's Destructo Disc training mission being weirdly a motherfucker, game fun.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 26, 2018

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Madmarker posted:

Whoa Whoa, you don't get the charge skills from training with Elder Kai....you get it from the Advancement tests that unlock as you progress the story and complete training with different mentors and parallel quests

Oh. Yeah, I just finished the Dodoria/Zarbon/Ginyu/Freeza one of those.

I don’t remember my rank, but do I have to Z rank them?

Is there any incentive beyond exp. for doing the Elder Kaioshin trainings?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

opening up the base model in their program, throwing a few extra greebles on it, and saving it as a new model would really be that time-consuming and expensive?

e: also I grabbed XV2 with the season pass on the Humble Store sale and... okay, I know we were all saying it was annoying that Toki-Toki City was as small as it was, but gently caress I hate how big Conton City is. and the default music for Conton City is insanely loving annoying, the only choice for it I figured I'd be able to tolerate long-term was that one ambient one. other than those things and Krillin's Destructo Disc training mission being weirdly a motherfucker, game fun.

That loving default circus sounding theme is just the loving worst. My god.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Reinanigans posted:

Oh. Yeah, I just finished the Dodoria/Zarbon/Ginyu/Freeza one of those.

I don’t remember my rank, but do I have to Z rank them?

Is there any incentive beyond exp. for doing the Elder Kaioshin trainings?

You will eventually want to Z-rank all of the Advancement tests to get access to Potential Unleashed.

I think you need to Z Rank the last one to train with HIt if you have the DlC.

You only have to pass the tests to get their drop...including Maximum Charge.

There is no incentive beyond exp and achievement hunting for doing the Elder Kai training

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Xenoverse 2's new DLC is out. Haven't played the new storyline stuff yet but it's supposed to have branching paths and be more involved than previous story content.

You can customize your trainers now (called your Partner), changing their skills, stats, and outfits, but to a limited degree. Some fun stuff is possible like giving Nappa Super Saiyan, but some characters like Hercule are unfortunately very limited in what you can change. Ones like Goku or Vegeta, who would make sense doing a wide variety of moves, have a lot more options. There's also going to be unlockable costumes for them via the TP shop, but those have yet to show up. Some fun stuff like Super Satan Hercule and young Nappa (with hair), but we don't know all the options yet. Even without the alt outfits you can still change their outfit colors, including stuff like the green parts of Cell's body, so you can at least have Vegeta be in his messed up pre-official colors from early Saiyan saga, or whatever you want to mess with, really. Not everything is recolorable, skin color and hair are usually untouchable, and some characters have bits of their outfit you can't mess with too. But it's fun anyway.

There's also supposed to be some way to recolor your special attacks, I think? But I can't find anything discussing this so I'm not sure if they canned that idea or if it just needs to be unlocked somehow.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I can't get the dual attacks to work for me for some reason. Not sure what I'm doing wrong

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Something not said in patch/update notes: the friendship gauge increases MUCH faster now, likely Bandai-Namco taking pity on the people trying to go for SSGSS and the Dual Ultimates trophy. I started and finished Whis in a very short time, showing him all the outfits he liked (Beerus, Supreme Kai, King Kai) gave me 50% of his gauge.

An easy level up way was also added, letting you pay to gain levels. Zeni at first, then TP by level 80 I think. 40 TP per level is expensive, but it's useful.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
E: ^^^^ Oh hey look at that

The new Partner thing requires you to hit max friendship with them as a master first. :argh:

Did they add any new quick way to raise your mentor meter in XV2 or do you still just have to drag them along on battles?

Jibo fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Feb 28, 2018

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Played a ton of this lately. I’m liking it. It feels like there’s a TON of optional stuff to do between main story stuff, almost too much? But I’m not complaining as I feel like it’s making me better at the game.

I do wish there was a better armor set available to me. Amy’s booty shorts and pink saiyan halter top are cool, don’t get me wrong, but it’d be nice if I could wear something else that wasn’t objectively worse.

Oh, I just got Super Saiyan. That fight felt sufficiently difficult and appropriate.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Jibo posted:

The new Partner thing requires you to hit max friendship with them as a master first. :argh:

Did they add any new quick way to raise your mentor meter in XV2 or do you still just have to drag them along on battles?

You can increase the meter by wearing clothes your master likes (so get all the clothes just to be sure). Otherwise, yeah, that's the only way, though as I pointed out in my post since this update the bar raises much faster. Just grab the easiest mission and redo it a few times, you'll max it out.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The easiest way to do it is just grab two of your mentor, take them to Exploding Namek Freeza fight, Z rank it like six times

Bam you're done they're maxed out now.

Also Limit Burst is *REAL* strong

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Fu is the best boy and I will hear nothing to the contrary, OLD KAI!

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Fu seems like an ok dude? If anything he doesn’t go far enough. Dude just wants to see some wacky convos between main characters, he’s not even out here trying to make major changes. I guess he’s “gathering energy” but then he doesn’t seem to have any intention of using it for anything other than a backup to fix poo poo if he accidentally really fucks something up.

Unless I haven’t unlocked some major poo poo yet, anyway

Also I’m finally doing that Goku Black story content, and Jesus loving christ Fused Ascended Zamasu is a monster. This is the first fight I haven’t been able to beat, I know you just have to hold out but I can’t even hold on long enough, dude just pounds me

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

pro-tip jiren's meditation + power rush setup is unlockable and absolutely decimates

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I got the game with the season pass and I've just been using Fused Zamasu to do PQs because he is hilariously OP

Like, at level 10 a single attack string from Fused Zamasu oneshots most enemies in early PQs

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Something not said in patch/update notes: the friendship gauge increases MUCH faster now, likely Bandai-Namco taking pity on the people trying to go for SSGSS and the Dual Ultimates trophy. I started and finished Whis in a very short time, showing him all the outfits he liked (Beerus, Supreme Kai, King Kai) gave me 50% of his gauge.

An easy level up way was also added, letting you pay to gain levels. Zeni at first, then TP by level 80 I think. 40 TP per level is expensive, but it's useful.

just grind expert mission 16 or 17 its like 16 medals in 2 minutes its so much faster than grinding dragon balls used to be and its double right now i think

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
I don't suppose anyone has any strategies for that very last Parallel Quest that unlocks Meditation and Power Rush? So far as I can tell, you can only actually unlock those two moves by Ultimate Clearing it, but doing that is a bitch.

To clarify, for those that haven't tried it yet: to regular clear, you need to beat 9 characters at a high level, four then three then two at a time. It's not terrible, but it will probably still eat a full heal from your items. That's the regular clear, and opens up the Ultimate. (technically you don't need to beat Beerus for the regular clear, but he seems to stick around beating you up otherwise).

To beat the Ultimate finish, you then have to fight Beerus, Fused Zamasu, and SSB Vegito, each with doubled (?) health, dealing double damage, and generally being aggressive as hell. But Wait, There's More! Once you do that, Jiren, Fu, and UI Goku all show up, also with inflated health bars and damage capacity.

So, that's 9 regulars, then 6 double health, high damage fighters (one of whom is UI Goku, who is a royal pain to hit), all at the highest AI level, all within 15 minutes.

So, yeah. At least you can get the super souls with a regular finish.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

get two friends and buckle the gently caress up because Jiren and UI Goku are going to rock your poo poo

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
is z-ranking all of the story missions important for anything? because holy gently caress this fight with full power frieza and 4th form cooler is nasty :stonk:

e: also i know who almost all of these new DLC characters are but what the hell is a Fu?

e2: JESUS gently caress ULTRA INSTINCT GOKU :stonk: :stonk: :stonk: Holy gently caress I thought Fused Zamasu was loving overpowered jesus CHRIST

This guy tears PQs the gently caress apart

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Mar 3, 2018

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:
I want whoever set the drop rates on PQ / expert mission rewards to be eaten by wild pigs. While we're at it, chuck the son of a bitch who came up with expert mission #20 in the hog pit as well.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

is z-ranking all of the story missions important for anything? because holy gently caress this fight with full power frieza and 4th form cooler is nasty :stonk:

No, you get nothing out of it beyond the feeling of knowing you could do it. Which I guess is important for Dragon Ball characters.

Chachi posted:

I want whoever set the drop rates on PQ / expert mission rewards to be eaten by wild pigs. While we're at it, chuck the son of a bitch who came up with expert mission #20 in the hog pit as well.

Drop rates are much better in XV2 than they were in XV1, and even with that I agree.

Also while I keep being disappointed at the lack of obvious conversations (seriously, 17 with Super 17!) I'm glad 17 (Super) at least gets to talk with 16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtVrldCyPrY

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

no

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

e: also i know who almost all of these new DLC characters are but what the hell is a Fu?

He's Towa's kid I think. He was supposed to be in the dragon ball mmo a few years back but never made it in (this mmo is where towa and mira originate from). He's rumored DLC for FighterZ too, but he seems lame as gently caress so I hope not lol

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

e2: JESUS gently caress ULTRA INSTINCT GOKU :stonk: :stonk: :stonk: Holy gently caress I thought Fused Zamasu was loving overpowered jesus CHRIST

This guy tears PQs the gently caress apart

I'm actually kind of disappointed in UI Goku, he has like no loving HP and he's unable to restore his stamina at a decent rate so he constantly stamina breaks himself. Also his special charge up move is just a re skinned Max Charge.

His ult fuckin' rules though

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Babe Magnet posted:

His ult fuckin' rules though

What is that ultimate? Is it a Spirit Bomb? What is it named? I'm very curious.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I forget the name of it, Godly Display? something like that

It's a melee combo that ends in a spirit bomb and does crazy damage. But if you miss it, it'll keep spending ki to keep the combo going until you connect

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Babe Magnet posted:

I forget the name of it, Godly Display? something like that

It's a melee combo that ends in a spirit bomb and does crazy damage. But if you miss it, it'll keep spending ki to keep the combo going until you connect

Oh man that's how he's taking down Jiren in the anime isn't it

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I jumped back into Xenoverse 2 to try out the new stuff. The figurine game I can't really get into, so I got to checking out my partners. Changing their colours is a nice perk, but being able to switch their loadout is probably my favorite thing right now. Agree that more characters should have access to Awakening abilities though. Giant Piccolo would be hilarious and SS Raditz would be pretty rad too.

Also, can anyone tell me how to get the Frieza headpiece Accessory? Doesn't appear to be in any PQ or TP shop. Is it some weird quest thing like the Saiyaman helm?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I've been playing Xenoverse 2 off and on and much of the game is weird and esoteric as gently caress. I think I completed the story? I beat SS4 Mira. How do I play the future Trunks story stuff or anything else? PQs?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Also, can anyone tell me how to get the Frieza headpiece Accessory? Doesn't appear to be in any PQ or TP shop. Is it some weird quest thing like the Saiyaman helm?

The one that makes your head look like frieza's head outside of the face? I think all the frieza costume pieces are in PQs. PQ 62 I think?

RBX posted:

I've been playing Xenoverse 2 off and on and much of the game is weird and esoteric as gently caress. I think I completed the story? I beat SS4 Mira. How do I play the future Trunks story stuff or anything else? PQs?

Okay so the different sub-universes with missions in them (Frieza Spaceship, Guru's House, Hercule's Mansion, Capsule Corp, Buu's House) all have their own little quest-lines or minigames you have to do. The only ones that aren't really straightforward are Hercule's House (you don't have to do missions with Hercule, do the Saiyaman Missions), Buu's House (feed him until his three kids show up), and Guru's House (you have to do two sets of I think 6 dragon ball capture missions).

You'll get items from each of them at the end of the quest series, once you get all five you unlock the extra story quests.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ah I didn't know all the extra stuff was tied to that. Thanks. That's real annoying.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah it sucks, hell of a grind

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Babe Magnet posted:

The one that makes your head look like frieza's head outside of the face? I think all the frieza costume pieces are in PQs. PQ 62 I think?

That was my first thought. It only lists the basic costume though, no accessory.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I watched a cutscene where Time Kai pronounced Fu as both fyoo and foo in the same sentence. Bad voice direction is definitely a feature of the Xenoverse series.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Squallege posted:

I watched a cutscene where Time Kai pronounced Fu as both fyoo and foo in the same sentence. Bad voice direction is definitely a feature of the Xenoverse series.

There's a line where Vegeta says Goku is "using this path as a fight to get stronger".

You'd think they'd at least get a proofreader or something.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Squallege posted:

Bad direction in general, I've been watching videos of the new arc and it's impressive how they managed to gently caress up every single line. Nearly none of them has the written text and the voiced words match.

It may genuinely be worse than the rest of the game, which is impressive.

In voice acting in particular though, Beerus saying "someone's getting HAKAI'D" was incredibly cringey. Especially considering the written text had it as "destroyed". Is this seriously what they're going for in the dub? Keeping an easily translated Japanese word untranslated?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Welcome to Dragon Ball Super dubbing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

Keeping an easily translated Japanese word untranslated?

Kaiohwhat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
You could avoid all of this by just listening to the game in Japanese with the superior voice actors like I do. :v:

• Locked thread