Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

quote:

The Turkish operation, which relies on a ground force of relatively moderate Arab rebels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fc52FlDAm0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coathat
May 21, 2007

New episode is with an American YPG medic.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

"Relatively moderate rebels" is an amazing phrase

Like, yeah, they're not literally calling themselves ISIS today

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

quote:

The Turkish operation, which relies on a ground force of relatively moderate Arab rebels...

Jesus lol. Except it doesn't because Turkey has had to send in special forces units from their gendarmerie because their jihadi proxies clearly got their asses kicked.

Wow, that article is infuriating.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

coathat posted:

New episode is with an American YPG medic.

Pisspiggrandpa or someone else?

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Pisspiggrandpa or someone else?

Nah; it's Patrick from the TMU.

Bastaman Vibration
Jun 26, 2005
Edit: answered below, thanks. I saw that mentinoed elsewhere and thought "oh poo poo, here comes an internet shitistorm". I'll erase this.

Bastaman Vibration has issued a correction as of 07:11 on Mar 3, 2018

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

dinoputz posted:

lmao what's this about RWN accidentally intiervieiwinig a nazi

Who?

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Oh, you probably mean Pat. He's not a Nazi. He's got some right-wing views and has said plenty of dumb things but he's definitely not a Nazi, a fascist or anything like it.

Bastaman Vibration
Jun 26, 2005

Thug Lessons posted:

Oh, you probably mean Pat. He's not a Nazi. He's got some right-wing views and has said plenty of dumb things but he's definitely not a Nazi, a fascist or anything like it.

Yeah, I was trying to moderate my response a bit. So he's like Jack Murphy, eh? Good. I enjoyed Jack Murphy's interview a lot, because even though Ames & Dolan are total opposite those guys, it's a fun world to explore that world. As for Patriick, I was scared that flareup on the patreon page was going to get a lot bigger. should be thankful that patreon isn't tumblr heh.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

dinoputz posted:

Yeah, I was trying to moderate my response a bit. So he's like Jack Murphy, eh? Good. I enjoyed Jack Murphy's interview a lot, because even though Ames & Dolan are total opposite those guys, it's a fun world to explore that world. As for Patriick, I was scared that flareup on the patreon page was going to get a lot bigger. should be thankful that patreon isn't tumblr heh.

Jack Murphy is some sort of paleocon. Pat's just a dude. He doesn't have an ideology you can really categorize. He complains about capitalism but he complains about immigration too, so if you wanted to be really uncharitable you could describe him as a crypto-Strasserist, (and the reason that's so uncharitable is because he's not actually a racist and is a firm supporter of democracy). Mainly what he's said is that fighting in Syria made him extremely cynical, nihilistic and apolitical.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I mean one of Pat's main claims to fame is publicly calling out the YPG for refusing to treat Arab and ISIS-member casualties equally compared to Kurds. I don't care for his politics but the guy's not even close to Nazi.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Who gives a poo poo if this guy is a CHUD? The Hell of a Way to Die guys interviewed an actual factual Nazi, because Nate Bethea knew him from his deployment in Ukraine. Not everyone who fights in a warzone that you can interview is going to be a good person.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I care, Pat's cool.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Fighting for the YPG is the best thing any ignorant reactionary could ever do with their life in our shameful age, so it's impossible for me to care too much about his views on illegals or whatever.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

He was a pretty traditional demsoc before he went over. It's the experience that got him on this nationalist trip. I don't think he cares about illegals; it's European refugee crisis stuff.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
It was an interview with someone who had combat experience in Syria not a loving struggle session. If you watch any of the other docs about YPG volunteers, it's clear they run the gamut from revolutionary communists to white european cryptofascists a little too interested in keeping the locals from immigrating.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I haven't listened to the YPG volunteer interview yet, but it'll have to be a clusterfuck to be worse than the NYT African correspondent episode.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Who gives a poo poo if this guy is a CHUD? The Hell of a Way to Die guys interviewed an actual factual Nazi, because Nate Bethea knew him from his deployment in Ukraine. Not everyone who fights in a warzone that you can interview is going to be a good person.

Lol what episode. I'm surprised I haven't seen this on tankie twitter yet.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Nah they absolutely love him and he's coming back for a second ep.

Thug Lessons has issued a correction as of 03:05 on Mar 5, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Atrocious Joe posted:

Lol what episode. I'm surprised I haven't seen this on tankie twitter yet.

tanker Twitter all hate Nate & Francis for being troops anyway.

I’m not sure what ep it was. might be a premium one, but I distinctly remember Nate interviewing some Swedish Nazi who volunteered in Ukraine.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I've only listened to the first ep but the YPG volunteer interview was good. The guy's hatred of RT was funny though. He's literally fighting alongside a former British paratrooper who served in Northern Ireland, but RT is a step too far.

The worst thing the interview is endorsing is Direct TV. Gonna unsubscribe over that.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Atrocious Joe posted:

The worst thing the interview is endorsing is Direct TV. Gonna unsubscribe over that.

???

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
the documentary is only available through directtv

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

quote:

As for Brace - I knew him, and he was a nice guy and very funny but never fought. He was just their to boost his twitter fame, I guess.

shots fired

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

RWN just posted the interview with Nasser Arrabyee on the current state of the war in Yemen for free.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/radio-war-nerd-w-18306166

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

moderately jihadist militias

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Ames going through the reporting on the first alleged chemical weapons attack in Syria was wild.

I found the Daily Mail article alleging that Assad was planning a chemical weapon attack on Israel with Novichok in 2012 just to prove to myself it was real.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2192809/Cornered-desperate-Assad-unleash-catastrophic-chemical-weapon-attack-Israel.html

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

RWN just posted the interview with Nasser Arrabyee on the current state of the war in Yemen for free.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/radio-war-nerd-w-18306166
Listened to this the other day. It’s brutal, but Arrabyee speaking of Yemenese pride and refusal to submit is stirring. Aside from the reality at ground level I can’t imagine the difficulty of knowing the Western media is willfully ignoring what’s happening. I admire the guy.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Saudis are so bad they got Southern Yemenis to hate them more than they hate the Houthis. Turns out epidemics don't discriminate by sect.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i don't give a poo poo about chapo but dolan is in one of the recent ones so i'll listen to that

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/984489984584372224

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
i love carl

coathat
May 21, 2007

Plutonis posted:

i don't give a poo poo about chapo but dolan is in one of the recent ones so i'll listen to that

It was good but they should really have Mark on since he loves botching about lovely journalists even more than them.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

coathat posted:

It was good but they should really have Mark on since he loves botching about lovely journalists even more than them.

They really should just give them the Shame Project, it's what they do anyway.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
The Nasser Arrabye episode was good and I'm glad they posted it for everyone to see. The complete refusal of liberal media to cover this war was also one of the topics discussed in one of the recent Citations Needed episode.

coathat posted:

Yeah I always thought if they invited anyone it would be ames for that same reason.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Nima Shirazi (from Citations Needed) was also good on the Radio War Nerd about Iran. I could nitpick that there were a few too many "so what's the actual situation over there?" questions answered with "I can tell you what it IS NOT, it's not <dumb hack journalist's take>" but it was still good.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
I can't remember which episode it was but the one about the Weather Underground and the SLA was a great listen, i think it was an early one

coathat
May 21, 2007

The latest episode is good especially Jeong giving a real nice diplomatic answer about her feelings on The Kite Runner at first.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

coathat posted:

The latest episode is good especially Jeong giving a real nice diplomatic answer about her feelings on The Kite Runner at first.

I liked John being embarrassed about hating it. Of course he hated it.

I wished I lived anywhere near NYC so I could go to their book event at the KGB bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stato-Masochist
Aug 22, 2010

the air is fresh, there's plenty of parking, plenty of space to walk around

Has there been no newsletter put out in like a month? I subscribed at the $5+ level about that long ago and still haven’t got on. Waiting on that rss feed...