Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I think I’m done with this game the core game mechanic is just too grindy for my taste and it takes quite awhile to unlock certain things

Kick me from goonlactus if I’m still in it I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That's it, i'm never bothering with coop world boss dailies because no one you play with bothers to try to complete the task. I can understand it being hard to do with use team up attack 3 times because its really easy to kill the boss before you can, but when the task is use less than 3 male heroes and both people on your coop team have nothing but male heroes, gently caress you. It either needs to be removed or fixed so its just participate.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
I just assume it's kids who can't read or trolls because seriously that poo poo is ridiculous. The 10000 wins or whatever are always tallied up anyways, the stupid restrictions just make it tedious.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

That's it, i'm never bothering with coop world boss dailies because no one you play with bothers to try to complete the task. I can understand it being hard to do with use team up attack 3 times because its really easy to kill the boss before you can, but when the task is use less than 3 male heroes and both people on your coop team have nothing but male heroes, gently caress you. It either needs to be removed or fixed so its just participate.

That's the only that cant be completed reliably and the trick is to wait until 5pm (PST) and wait for it to roll over if you need it for the daily hth

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It's not really that big a deal to me unless I need it for the daily challenges. Otherwise I'll do my best to comply but I don't really care if someone else fucks it up. I'm playing for the big boxes.

I got lucky yesterday because I didn't look at my challenges or coop all day so discovering right before bed that I needed to do the 3 combo one could have sucked. Luckily on my first try I got one teammate who did the "run around killing time" strategy with me and the other guy sucked so he couldn't win on his own but hit the combos. I thought that might be my first failed challenge.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It just is super annoying that people don't put any effort into it, but as is mentioned, trolls and stupid kids.

I have 5k crystals and there's a uniform sale, the only one I'm thinking of getting is the hobo Thanos costume, but there might be some that are must gets I don't have.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bear in mind we're like 2 months away from Infinity War where we could get a whole mess of expensive costumes.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

If the Infinity War update isn't massive (or even in two parts) that would mean the death spiral to me.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

At the very least, I think it'd be reasonable to expect movie costumes for the black order. They've all kind of been left behind by power creep.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

At the very least I imagine we're getting a ton of new costumes to fit the new movie looks and a Legendary Battle with rewards. And yeah, the Black Order would definitely be likely options to fit their movie looks. I'm not sure if there's any Infinity War characters we don't have. I guess we still don't have Nick Fury.

Beyond that I have no idea but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a big 4.0 Update since Infinity War has been the big thing the MCU has been building to for like a decade. It would seem like the right time for an Epic Quest even if there's not the characters to fill it like normal. Maybe they could just do it with costumes with all the new movie looks.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Are the Cyclops and Beast unis worth grabbing on sale? I’m thinking it might be worth having a couple extra villains.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Yeah as villains they help out pretty well in late SL stages for me.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Russad posted:

Are the Cyclops and Beast unis worth grabbing on sale? I’m thinking it might be worth having a couple extra villains.

I'm using Dark Beast as a lead for Quicksilver and people just melt

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I was doing this week's Shadowlands reset and was like "wtf why am I so stronk" then I remembered that I finally rolled my Loki premium right and had swapped it in!

Behold years of MFF card min/maxing, mortals, and weep:

That's 40-50% increase dmg to physical/energy, 32% ignore def and your standard 32% scd

Items of note, 8% crit, 13% attack spd, 20% max hp

I AM A GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Okay so explain to me the card stuff. Is there a thread I can read where I can find out what I need to do.

Also do I try and collect all cards at Mythic level, or once I unlock the set am I free to then use the card to re-roll stats, or whatever.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The Question IRL posted:

Okay so explain to me the card stuff. Is there a thread I can read where I can find out what I need to do.

Also do I try and collect all cards at Mythic level, or once I unlock the set am I free to then use the card to re-roll stats, or whatever.

you just need to have had it once, but you can go to the collection screen and check its unlocked if youre nervous

here's a cards guide:

https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/wiki/inventory/cards

basically you want enough cooldown reduction to cap all your dudes out. i like to aim for enough that a level 1 costume cooldown roll will cap them out. after that youre lookin for good stats and after that youre lookin for good stats with a high card quality roll and after that youre lookin for perfect rolls which you will never ever find even if you play for 10 years. start grinding.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I ended up just buying Hobo Thanos and Cool Coulson in the sale. That still leaves me with 3k crystals and assuming they don't come out with like the All New Wolverine for Laura or something else I'd get in a second, i'll probably have a decent amount by the time Infinity War comes out.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

punchymcpunch posted:

you just need to have had it once, but you can go to the collection screen and check its unlocked if youre nervous

here's a cards guide:

https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/wiki/inventory/cards

basically you want enough cooldown reduction to cap all your dudes out. i like to aim for enough that a level 1 costume cooldown roll will cap them out. after that youre lookin for good stats and after that youre lookin for good stats with a high card quality roll and after that youre lookin for perfect rolls which you will never ever find even if you play for 10 years. start grinding.

I notice "Ignore Defense" is not on their list of stats at all, and I thought that was one of the most important ones to try for.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I finally beat shadowlands, now I can retire and wait for FF2 right? So anticlimactic just hitting 5 once on cable and watching Daredevil slowly stunlock to death. Had an issue on 28 where Blue Marvel only did 100 damage per hit on a "heroes have a bonus" level. Fortunately another option was Punisher's gang and I had Thanos and some mooks to take them out. Had to use Nova, Dr Strange and Quicksilver on the Dormammu level, 1-2 of them alone didn't have enough damage. Loki makes quick work of the destroyers (Proxima also works if you get it in the teens or with some luck/kiting, her 4 shreds them but shes a glass cannon). Sharog on the x-men level. X-23 takes out Rocket and his jars every week (though 26 was the highest I'd gotten that, and she only had 10 seconds to spare). Jean did the black order easily with blue marvel helping tank them.

Question, is Agent Venom only good at T2? If not what is he good for at T1? I may need to learn his rotation better, but at 4x15 he's way too squishy on any SL I've tried including the early ones. T1 inferno is also way too squishy for the fire recommended Agent Venom-Carnage level, I think I need to get him to T2 next. I got it twice this run, T1 Satana had to do the first one (easily) and I just used Antiman for the other.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Agent Venom is great at T1, I just cycle through 5 > 4 > 3 and you can repeat indefinitely. I used him for Daredevil before I got Wolverine. Inferno is a monster with the uniform and T2, but you do really need both.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Steve Vader posted:

I notice "Ignore Defense" is not on their list of stats at all, and I thought that was one of the most important ones to try for.

yeah thats weird. maybe theyre using the strategy of "dont get it on cards, give everyone an ignore def obelisk". id get it on cards tho.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

This is the card guide to follow if you really wanna get into the meta: https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/5mty9s/a_card_guide_from_beginner_to_expert/

Otherwise what Punchy said is right, get your SCD stabilized first thing. That's easy because you only need to roll one optional stat, that one being SCD.

Which cards you say, roll the ones in the optimal sets above. Off the top of my head Loki, Groot, Starlord, Nebula and of course any Premiums you have take precedent.

After you have your SCD stabilized (it will be around 30%) by having SCD on all cards, then you start trying looking for trifecta, which is IgnoreDef/SCD/AllAttack on all your cards.

Let me know if you have any questions hth

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I 'm trying to figure out which custom gear to put on Jean Grey and Cable (and others I suppose), and I think I've narrowed it down to the following options:

CTP of Energy (Ignore Def 39.9%, Crit Dam 32.4%, Chain hit 25%, Incr Dam 180%)
Extreme Obelisk 1 (Guard Break immunity, Energy dam 260%, Poison Dam)
Extreme Obelisk 2 (Ignore Dodge 34.1%, Crit Dam 32.3%, Energy Dam 270%)
Extreme Obelisk 3 (Crit Dam 39.6%, Energy Dam 300%, Immune to Web)
Superior Obelisk 4 (Guard break immunity, Crit rate 20.8%, Increase dam 110%)

How much does Jean want ITGB? If none, the CTP and Obelisk 2 seem good for PvE, and Obeslisk 3 for Arena and other PvP. Otherwise 1 and 4. Does Cable want the ITGB more for his 5 channel skill?

Or thoughts for other targets for those gears? Most of my team just has Ignore Defense with assorted other trash as their initial gears while I was getting my cards together, now most are over Ignore Defense by 10-20% and ready for upgrades.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Benthalus posted:

I 'm trying to figure out which custom gear to put on Jean Grey and Cable (and others I suppose), and I think I've narrowed it down to the following options:

How much does Jean want ITGB? If none, the CTP and Obelisk 2 seem good for PvE, and Obeslisk 3 for Arena and other PvP. Otherwise 1 and 4. Does Cable want the ITGB more for his 5 channel skill?

Or thoughts for other targets for those gears? Most of my team just has Ignore Defense with assorted other trash as their initial gears while I was getting my cards together, now most are over Ignore Defense by 10-20% and ready for upgrades.

I'm still practicing Cable's rotation in AXB but for other pve his damage ramps to ridiculous extremes with the CTP of energy since my understanding is each tick of his 5 channel counts as a chain hit.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Benthalus posted:

CTP of Energy goes on Cable because his 5* takes best advantage of chain hits proc

Most of those obos are poo poo because you need the third roll to roll either Increase Damage by 120-200% proc or Invincible for x secs.

So for Jean, you'd roll either ITGB or Fire Damage main and as the proc you'd go Invincible for PvP and Increase Damage proc for PvE

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

thechalkoutline posted:

CTP of Energy goes on Cable because his 5* takes best advantage of chain hits proc

Most of those obos are poo poo because you need the third roll to roll either Increase Damage by 120-200% proc or Invincible for x secs.

So for Jean, you'd roll either ITGB or Fire Damage main and as the proc you'd go Invincible for PvP and Increase Damage proc for PvE

Let's say I'll max an obelisk later and right now just want one of those on Jean, which?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Benthalus posted:

Let's say I'll max an obelisk later and right now just want one of those on Jean, which?

Definitely this one

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

thechalkoutline posted:

Definitely this one

Thanks. Now to hopefully grind out that perfect gear for her.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Has there been any rumors of what's coming in this months patch? I assume anything we get will be just prep for Infinity War which will probably be massive.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

thechalkoutline posted:

What are chain hits?

Kween
Jan 9, 2005
Not recently,no

twistedmentat posted:

Has there been any rumors of what's coming in this months patch? I assume anything we get will be just prep for Infinity War which will probably be massive.

https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/813lpc/leaked_new_update_info/

Looks legit but who knows

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

only one new character so yeah i think its real

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

That looks like a terrible photoshop of Daisy Johnson. Is that supposed to be a place holder or something?

Also I'd be really upset if that's real because I just fed 170 Jane biometrics to my Quicksilver because I figured there'd be an incredibly low chance of her getting a new costume that would make it worth t2ing her.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Dravs posted:

What are chain hits?

It's the proc on the CTP of Energy and why it's so unique (the rest of its stat combinations can roll on other custom gear, though it helps a ton that they're fixed don't get me wrong), it just powers up consecutive hits:

Increases Chain Hit Damage by 30% (max) when attacking (5 sec) & Increases Damage by 200% (max)

Not coincidentally, the same patch that introduced chain hits introduced guys with infinite beams, which wasn't a thing before. These have a fast rate of fire and hit often, and they never stop, so they make best use of this proc.

So basically you could use the CTP of Energy on like, Anti-Man or Nova for the same reason, it's just most of us have Cable

If you're a mad lad you could put it on cyclops for example

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

A surfing dog?! posted:

That looks like a terrible photoshop of Daisy Johnson. Is that supposed to be a place holder or something?

Also I'd be really upset if that's real because I just fed 170 Jane biometrics to my Quicksilver because I figured there'd be an incredibly low chance of her getting a new costume that would make it worth t2ing her.

It's Voyager, a "new" character from the latest Avengers storyline (which also features the Black Order heavily).

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I was at Gamestop before work today and they had a loving list of coming Funko things, which I leafed through for a laugh before I saw we were getting two loving Future Fight figures

One of em is Sharon Rogers, I think the other is Amadeus Cho

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I saw those a while ago, its like how Captain Sharon Carter is showing up after she was added to Puzzle Quest.

I can totally believe Voyager being added to the game, as they tend to push the new character stuff is focusing on, but then they're quickly forgotten. Poor Singularity.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

They should make one of the early story missions give Voyager bios and surreptitiously add her at 6* to everyone's roster.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

thechalkoutline posted:

It's the proc on the CTP of Energy and why it's so unique (the rest of its stat combinations can roll on other custom gear, though it helps a ton that they're fixed don't get me wrong), it just powers up consecutive hits:

Increases Chain Hit Damage by 30% (max) when attacking (5 sec) & Increases Damage by 200% (max)

Not coincidentally, the same patch that introduced chain hits introduced guys with infinite beams, which wasn't a thing before. These have a fast rate of fire and hit often, and they never stop, so they make best use of this proc.

So basically you could use the CTP of Energy on like, Anti-Man or Nova for the same reason, it's just most of us have Cable

If you're a mad lad you could put it on cyclops for example

Thanks, I had one and someone said to put it on Quicksilver so I did, good to know what it actually does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Grab your pitchforks, Ultimates packages are in the store for two weeks in $46 and $9 flavors PER CHARACTER in what reddit says is a cash grab before they shut the game down forever in a few months. If you don't have them or a large roster and are looking for an excuse to whale out or burn some mega tickets, all three are ridiculous and very much pay to win. I especially get a ton of mileage out of Nova at T2, with enough cooldown he is crazy good, second only to Jean imho. I bought into the crates last fall because I'd just read the Al Ewing comics featuring them and freakin love the characters, and they helped me a ton until I got Jean and Hobo Thanos built this year. I used a mega-T2 I got on black friday on Anti-Man, used a monthly T2 ticket on Nova since I got him to 4x20 easily from most of the chests (a handful bought and another round when they gave early buyers a refund), and got Blue Marvel to 20/18/18/18 thanks to the story chapter rewards which was more than enough. All three have the channeled beam of stunlocky death that Thanos, Cyclops and Cable have, but they don't really need it.

In December I did the 15 second Quicksilver first with Antiman, and 15 second Cable first with Nova after some tweaking (skills to 6, urus, T2 Ragna-Hela lead, Thor group bonus since I didn't have T2 Werewolf/Ancient One). All three can handle almost any shadowlands level you throw one of them at, though Anti-Man couldn't get through SL27 Dormammu's energy reflect and Blue Marvel wasn't doing any damage to SL28 "heroes get a bonus" for some reason. I hear Nova is good for timeline, but I autoplay that and he's too squishy if you don't keep him in iframes manually. Hell my Nova has died a few times autoplaying freaking special missions when I wasn't looking and I have no idea how that happens. Supposedly Anti-Man can get crazy scores in ABX but I just no brainer it with Hobo Thanos and set the phone down when I get the last reward.

Or, continue the boycott and if not enough people buy it maybe they will put them back up for a more reasonable price in the future, or add them to the SL/Alliance bio choices, the monthly bio sub or at least the typed bios A-Force style.